Are there any girls that look like or want to look like models?

Options

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    This thread is NOT at the end of its lifeline! I need you guys!

My goals are funny - in the summer, I was focused on looking good in a bikini or shorty shorts, so I was lifting and loving the shape of my muscles. NOW I'm a lot more focused on the way my clothes fit, trying to get a little bit leaner so that I can get that long, thin line of my legs in skinny jeans and heeled boots. Plus, with cooler (ha!) weather, I'm running more, lifting less.

Either way, I'm like you, @Danielle_Roodt - on my frame, a lower BMI suits me. The difference in my shape is subtle, and I'm probably the only one who sees it, but I definitely notice the way I look in my wardrobe from season to season.

Congrats on your marriage, @DananaNanas!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been more active on here. It's been flood, vacation, illness, etc. Things are starting to calm down now however. I still haven't leaned out any from the start of this thread. Like most of you, I'm still leaner than most people my age but I have some troublesome spots I'd like to work on. I'm too lazy (and scared) to do it, but I tell ya, I'm sometimes tempted just to get lipo. LOL. When I drop enough fat to get rid of the lower belly fat, my upper body looks terrible with bones poking out everywhere. I'm finally at a spot where my upper body looks decent, but then I have a handful of fat below my belly button that just drives me crazy.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm finally at a spot where my upper body looks decent, but then I have a handful of fat below my belly button that just drives me crazy.

This is exactly the complaint I always have! I can't seem to make it budge :( the top half of my stomach looks toned but the bottom half doesn't
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Have you run bulk cycles @mom23mangos ? I can't remember. But building muscle all over can help.. as when you lose fat there isn't just bone poking through and the muscle is able to give more shape to the problem areas. To an extent of course, as genetics can get in the way. I am dealing with the same issue on the lower half of my body (grrr banana rolls). Let's hope multiple bulk cycles and building up the glutes and hammies can help even more.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    @sardelsa, I haven't really. That's probably where I'm headed. I guess you could say I was on a year long slow bulk. I've put on about 5lbs over the past year and I'd say it's probably 1-2lbs muscle. I just suck at cutting, so I'm hesitant. I mean, I can actually lose fat pretty easily but I have to be mentally there and I haven't been. I've been semi-OK with the looking pretty good, eating what I want vs. looking shredded and obsessing over food. Doesn't stop me from complaining though! LOL

I'm thinking I'd have to put on a lot of muscle to really make a difference on my upper body. I have a big rib cage and it flares out, so ribs are visible at just about any weight. I have NO boobs, and while I've managed to build my pecs up quite a bit, the sternum still shows through when my BF drops. There may be a point I guess when the pecs are built up enough to not. When I had my dexa/bodpod scans last year, my upper body was only 7.5% BF, while my lower was still 25%. It's really hard to work with that big of a ratio.

• VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    @mom23mangos even when I weighed 72.5kg/160lbs the bones on my upper middle chest were still visible; I just don't store any fat on my upper torso and very little on my lower torso (which I guess is healthier than the opposite!). I just deal with it now, but it used to bother me more. On the plus side, I don't get the stubborn handful of belly fat - my thighs will hold on for much longer than anything else!

I think it's interesting that we both have the same bone protrusion issue with very different body types - I'm pretty curvy with a tiny upper body and rib cage which is why my bones show. My boobs are the only reason you can't see my bones all the way down my chest!
  • mfpmishka
    mfpmishka Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @mom23mangos even when I weighed 72.5kg/160lbs the bones on my upper middle chest were still visible; I just don't store any fat on my upper torso and very little on my lower torso (which I guess is healthier than the opposite!). I just deal with it now, but it used to bother me more. On the plus side, I don't get the stubborn handful of belly fat - my thighs will hold on for much longer than anything else!

I think it's interesting that we both have the same bone protrusion issue with very different body types - I'm pretty curvy with a tiny upper body and rib cage which is why my bones show. My boobs are the only reason you can't see my bones all the way down my chest!

wow , are you my twin? lol. I am 172cm. Highest weight was 72kg. Now I am 57-59kg (125-130lbs) and my body looks exactly as you described
  • VictoriaTuel
    Options
    @mfpmishka I could be lol! I just measured for the first time in about a month and I'm now 58.5kg (129lb) and 89-61-97cm (35-24-38.5in) which I'm super excited about! I didn't think I could trim my waist anymore after I got it to 63/64cm. I don't think i'll get down to 57kg though - I'd have to lose my limited amount of muscle to get there and I wouldn't like that as much.
  • gogogadgette
    gogogadgette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hey and that this thread is hella motivating! Totally in alignment with my current goals. I've been involved in varying fitness related activities since the age of 13 and I'm now 34. I was super fit and svelt 5 years ago, but depression from my mom's passing of cancer, parenting stress, being involved in a few toxic relationships and now dealing with a blood clot in my shoulder along with 4 bilateral acute pulmonary embolisms (Paget-Schroetter syndrome, waiting for rib resection surgery) has me battling the bulge due to limited energy, mobility issues and emotional eating (nothing extreme but I call it like it is). I started up on here again looking for like minded fitness friends with similar goals so I can get motivated again.

My aim is to achieve a VS model type of fitness physique prior to surgery (using the lightest weights possible because I'm not supposed to do a whack of different movements that worsen the situation.

I refuse to end up having to buy a whole new wardrobe because of being cooped up recovering during winter. After my shoulder is healed I may do a proper bulk through spring and then get back into my beloved endurance training. Anyways, nice to meet you guys. Friends me if you please. :)
  • VictoriaTuel
    Options
    @gogogadgette I love the word svelte, I'm so happy you used it! I feel like it's the perfect word for this thread. You have a crazy amount of things inhibiting your ability to exercise, so props to you for not letting that stand in the way of your fitness goals!

Light weights can be more effective than heavy weights if you use them appropriately, and I'm sure your doctors or trainers would know exercises to both help with any potential complications your surgery could cause and get you the body you want. I hope everything from your surgery to your relationships to your workouts go great with as few snags as possible!
  • gogogadgette
    gogogadgette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @gogogadgette I love the word svelte, I'm so happy you used it! I feel like it's the perfect word for this thread. You have a crazy amount of things inhibiting your ability to exercise, so props to you for not letting that stand in the way of your fitness goals!

Light weights can be more effective than heavy weights if you use them appropriately, and I'm sure your doctors or trainers would know exercises to both help with any potential complications your surgery could cause and get you the body you want. I hope everything from your surgery to your relationships to your workouts go great with as few snags as possible!

Thank you!!!
  • RosyDanielle
    RosyDanielle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support, and for all the shared stories :)

I've had a bit of a binge this weekend and was worried when I had to weight in, but I'm down a bit (~1.5 lbs) :smiley: I also had a "proper" upper body workout with hubby on Saturday. I couldn't wash my hair for 2 days! Haha but I gave it a try and had a really good workout! Might actually join him more often :)

This week I'm aiming for a 1kg/2.2lb loss and to have only 1 cheat meal and not a whole cheat weekend :wink: Anyone else have specific goals this week?

Have a great day!

D
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome @gogogadgette!

@VictoriaTuel I love mimosas, a woman after my own heart :)
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    Congratulations @VictoriaTuel ! Not only did you run your FIRST 5K, you WON your first 5K. Way to knock it out of the park!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Wow @VictoriaTuel that is fantastic, congrats!!
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy (and scared) to do it, but I tell ya, I'm sometimes tempted just to get lipo. LOL.
    Haha I recently found out my mom had a lipo years ago! She's a perfect fit for this thread as she's within an average weight but apparently she got tired of trying and managing her busy schedule, unfortunately within a few years she gained it back so she never bothered telling me (I was a kid back then) :D

Anyway this thread seems to be reviving! I myself have been absent for some months. I've been maintaining my weight and now I feel ready to drop the last few pounds. After some deliberation, I have decided to go back to modeling after years out of it. I told everyone I quit because I wanted to focus on college but really I was developing an unhealthy relationship with food which led me to a period of eating disorder. I managed to never fall too deep and take care of myself, but it was a couple of years before I felt brave enough to tell my loved ones. This was about five years ago; nowadays I quit my job (my boss was hideous) and I've been trying to find another one but it's proving to be hard, so since I'm doing odd jobs while I search for a proper one, I thought I might as well give it a try. After all, I used to have so much fun and I've only got a few years to work as a model (I'm 25). This is also me being ready to close the circle, as I feel both mentally and physically fully confident in myself.

@gogogadgette welcome! Recovery is a slow road but you definitely have the right mindset! I don't have anything serious, but back pain is a constant for me. My physiotherapist is training me in a whole new way and suddenly light weights are way tougher than before! Functional training is great especially when you shouldn''t be lifting heavy anyway.
  • VictoriaTuel
    Options
    Thank you all for the congrats! I ran it faster than I thought because I was trying to keep up with a guy in front of me so that I didn't get lost lol

Is anyone else making/meeting/exceeding goals this week? I'm going out if town this weekend and have a holiday party tomorrow at work, so I'm definitely gonna overeat a bit, but Sunday I'll get back on track!
  • sardelsa
    Options
    My goal is to just keep eating, lifting... and trust the process. My weight has jumped up 3lbs.. but I know it's mostly water and food weight.
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Dr. Roy Wolford, who is probably the biggest name in longevity (and vital longevity...not just alive) has stated that a BMI of 19 is the optimum BMI for someone who aspires to reach a maximum life span....which he says can be over 100 years old. He recommends achieving this through "CRON", caloric restriction for optimum nutrition.

CRONers can be pretty fanatical...so I won't go into all the details, but I think that if your BMI is 19ish, and that is achieved through healthy eating, that's a great goal. I do think, however, that if a goal is to reach a BMI of 19 or below via unhealthy eating, well, that's just unhealthy!

My BMI has been as low as 18 on a diet of cigarettes, jelly beans and sugared yogurts, which I don't recommend (eventually, I ended up pretty sick). My current BMI is 21.5 and my goal is 19ish and while it is a PITA to have to be so vigilant about calories/macros, etc., I'm cool with this goal and the way I'm going about achieving it.