Sammy's OMAD Path

Options

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow those numbers are adding up huge. Congrats on your continued success :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your patience is paying off!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Today was a terrible day for me. Both kids are sick and I ate way too much. My hunger started at about noon, and it was the kind of hunger pains that are non Stop. So I started by eating rice krispie Treats. Then I had sour cream and onion Pringles 3 slices of pepperoni pizza. I thought I should just close my window there and leave it alone but around 5 my kids were hungry for dinner so my husband said that he would bring home McDonald's. I asked for a large Diet Coke because I was still hungry. He asked me if that's what I truly wanted and I said no jokingly I would like a small strawberry shake but I think the Coke will do me fine. So he comes home with food for the kids and a small strawberry shake and a large Diet Coke. I drank them both.I then continued to eat some of my children's French fries and then two chocolate covered cherries and 2 more rice crispy treats.

So I finished eating at about 6:30 p.m. that means I had a 6 hour window.I know I haven't had a splurge day in quite some time but I had really thought that I was over this binge eating. I am trying really hard not to be upset with myself but it is getting to me. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully everything that I ate today will make the difference tomorrow and the next day and the next. Just thought I'd share.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yeah...my hunger comes out of no where just when I start feeling like all this is a piece of cake. Like you said...just count it as a splurge day....no big deal. On my tread I explained how I experimented with chia seeds today because of the fiber content. I had zero hunger all day because of it and was not chomping at the bit for dinner. You're continuously doing sooooo well. Great job staying consistent!
  • blambo61
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't call that a binge. When I started OMAD, there were a few days I just went off and ate and ate and ate. I figured I needed it (what I told myself). I didn't do that multiple days in a row though. That would have gotten me in trouble. Get back on the diet and you will probably see any gains you had gone in two to three days. Good luck!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I hope your kids are feeling better...No worries about a bad day, today's a new day so get right back on track :)
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Thanks for the support y'all! Yesterday was rough. I am at work today armed with my coffee and water. It is so much easier if I am not at home. As for my kids, my oldest went to school and the little is still a mess. Thanks,
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things, one day is but a minor blip! Get back to OMAD as soon as you can, and don't beat yourself up! We are all human after all.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone, get back on track and you will see the gains diminish and the progress continue. I am still bouncing back from my bad week and I know that as long as I get back on track, the gains from my bad week will be but a memory. Hopefully I will be back to where I need to be by Friday.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost

December
    Week 22- 180.3 (-2.8)
    Week 23- 179.0 (-1.3)
    Week 24- 180.0 +1.0
    Week 25-

Total Lost - 29.8 lbs lost

Rough week, Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Breaking into the 170's! Keep it up!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Thanks @blambo61
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost

December
    Week 22- 180.3 (-2.8)
    Week 23- 179.0 (-1.3)
    Week 24- 180.0 +1.0
    Week 25-

Total Lost - 29.8 lbs lost

Rough week, Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!

I hope this week is better for you, Merry Christmas :)
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Well Christmas was fun and enjoyable, I had one day that I ate like a Queen. Up 4lbs, but I am sure that was all that sugary goodness. I am back to my less decadent menu, so lets bring on the new year!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost
    December- 1.7 lbs lost

December
    Week 22- 180.3 (-2.8)
    Week 23- 179.0 (-1.3)
    Week 24- 180.0 +1.0
    Week 25- 181.4 +1.4

Total Lost - 28.4 lbs lost

Still pulled a loss for this month. Christmas celebrations really took a toll on me. But let's celebrate the new year and be done with it. The funny thing is that my omad was on point, I just think to much sugar is my enemy.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Any loss in December is good news. Well done Sammy.
    On to 2018!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good job! You've made a lot of progress. Look out 2018!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Great attitude, Sammy! I shudder to think what I will see on the scale tomorrow, but I am getting back on track and leaving regrets behind.
  • blambo61
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Great attitude, Sammy! I shudder to think what I will see on the scale tomorrow, but I am getting back on track and leaving regrets behind.

If the scale will depress you, you might wait tell being on OMAD for 3-days then weigh. I can drop 3-4 lbs in 3-days on OMAD if I haven't been doing OMAD for awhile.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost
    December- 1.7 lbs lost

December
    Week 22- 180.3 (-2.8)
    Week 23- 179.0 (-1.3)
    Week 24- 180.0 +1.0
    Week 25- 181.4 +1.4

Total Lost - 28.4 lbs lost

Still pulled a loss for this month. Christmas celebrations really took a toll on me. But let's celebrate the new year and be done with it. The funny thing is that my omad was on point, I just think to much sugar is my enemy.

Too much sugar is my enemy too but next year is almost here and basic OMAD will get you to the weight you want...You got this!!! :)