Sammy's OMAD Path

Options

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    So great you found something yo can live with. Just gotta keep taking one baby step in the right direction everyday...time goes by so quickly.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happy for you!

During my long vacation, I found out that I did not need the scales to keep me on track as long as I was on plan (which I was for around 70% of the time). I've also decided not to weigh in daily or even weekly but simply stick to this WOE.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! I am starting to feel the same way. I weigh daily, and I am thinking of dropping it down to every other day for a while, and then eventually only weekly. I am seeing the changes in my body, and I find it very easy to hop right back on track after falling off, which is also unheard of for previous me, too!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost
    December - 1.7 lbs lost
    January - 2.4 lbs lost

January
    Week 26- 177.6 (-3.8)
    Week 27- No Weigh in
    Week 28- No Weigh in
    Week 29- 179.0 (+1.4)

Total Lost - 30.8 lbs lost

Not bad for not weighing for two weeks and being lax. Onward!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    No that's not bad at all and you have a loss each month so that's great!!! You got this :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You're truckin' right along Sammy! Last month has been challenging for most of us mere mortals.
  • jeanona
    Options
    Good job on the monthly losses so far! It's nice to see progress each month and know that you're doing something right even if on a weekly basis, the scale may fluctuate more.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    That is true @jeanona, I was for sure that I had gained this month or stayed the same. But the proof is in the numbers.

Thanks everyone for the support!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    A 2-lb pause isn't bad, just keep going!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost
    December - 1.7 lbs lost
    January - 2.4 lbs lost

JFebruary
    Week 30- 179.0 (-0.0)
    Week 31-
    Week 32-
    Week 33-

Total Lost - 30.8 lbs lost

I forgot to update y'all on Friday with my weight. No movement, I also haven't been trying very hard. I have just been eating til satisfied, which is too much apparently. I need to start watching what I eat, but at the same time I am so comfortable right now. I am not gaining, so there is a positive. I really want to get over this nonchalant attitude.

Meh...

• Brendalea69
    Options
    You can do it!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit like that - comfortable. I'm pretty happy with the fact that I've lost some weight, can fit into my clothes etc... But I KNOW I need to start being a bit more careful with what I'm eating, because I really do want to lose the rest of this weight. I'd at least like to be a normal BMI. Meh, indeed!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    179 is amazingggggggggg - we have very similar starting and current weights so bravo! I'm hoping to be back to 179 by the end of Feb o:)o:)o:)
  • jeanona
    Options
    At least you’re maintaining. That’s good and I’m sure you’ll still see a loss for February. Go for it :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    I 've done a few periods of maintenance to come back later and lose. I think that is ok. It does take some mental energy to press on and in the past I felt I needed a break. I think the key though is to not gain back the weight so you can pick back up where you left off. Really stinks to have to lose weight over again. When I maintain, I do so in a 5-lb window and if I hit the upper number (200 for me), I'm strict again to get it down and hopefully get to a new low. I weigh daily which I also think is key. Mentally weighing does not bother me at all and I actually like to do it. I know it does bother some but if you don't weigh it can get away from you also.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost
    December - 1.7 lbs lost
    January - 2.4 lbs lost

JFebruary
    Week 30- 179.0 (-0.0)
    Week 31- 178.5 (-0.5)
    Week 32-
    Week 33-

Total Lost - 31.3 lbs lost

Thank you all for the encouragement. I am still trucking along. In truth, i tried really hard this week to rein my eating in. I used to have heavy food days and lite food days. This is still true, but I think that the heavy days are far outweighing the lite.

Constant improvement is needed.

• sammygold2015
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I 've done a few periods of maintenance to come back later and lose. I think that is ok. It does take some mental energy to press on and in the past I felt I needed a break. I think the key though is to not gain back the weight so you can pick back up where you left off. Really stinks to have to lose weight over again. When I maintain, I do so in a 5-lb window and if I hit the upper number (200 for me), I'm strict again to get it down and hopefully get to a new low. I weigh daily which I also think is key. Mentally weighing does not bother me at all and I actually like to do it. I know it does bother some but if you don't weigh it can get away from you also.

I don't mind weighing myself everyday, but if I miss a single day. I find myself scared to face it, even if I have been good.
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    179 is amazingggggggggg - we have very similar starting and current weights so bravo! I'm hoping to be back to 179 by the end of Feb o:)o:)o:)

You can do it!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Cut back on your heavy days and you'll start losing more, you got this :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    You are doing well! Very consistent seems like.