Sammy's OMAD Path

Options

Replies

• sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the first day of Microscope March. So I thought I would jot down some goals (not weight based)

1. Planning my meals out more conscientiously. *Most days my meals are already cooked when I arrive home. Perks of having a disabled mom who lives with you and babysits the children.* This means I will mentally have to engage with food choices, instead of mindlessly eating what is already cooked.
    2. Weighing everyday *This is usually easy for me, but if I miss a day, I am always too afraid to step back on.* This means I will need to stay away from negative and dismissal thoughts. I am always more mindful on days I weigh.
    3. Cutting back on the Artificial Sugar. *I generally have a large diet coke at lunch, and a fake sweetened tea with my OMAD.* I used to do a clean fast (coffee and water only), but when I get lax that diet coke craving comes back.
    4. Rounding Calorie Counting. *I have never really made a big deal out of counting my calories, just simply for the fact that I eat once a day. However, lately I am sure that I have been eating 2k to 2.5k calories in my OMAD* I am hoping that this will bring me back from maintain to losing again.

Embarking on a challenge, that I will probably gripe about later *** Priceless***

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the first day of Microscope March. So I thought I would jot down some goals (not weight based)

1. Planning my meals out more conscientiously. *Most days my meals are already cooked when I arrive home. Perks of having a disabled mom who lives with you and babysits the children.* This means I will mentally have to engage with food choices, instead of mindlessly eating what is already cooked.
    2. Weighing everyday *This is usually easy for me, but if I miss a day, I am always too afraid to step back on.* This means I will need to stay away from negative and dismissal thoughts. I am always more mindful on days I weigh.
    3. Cutting back on the Artificial Sugar. *I generally have a large diet coke at lunch, and a fake sweetened tea with my OMAD.* I used to do a clean fast (coffee and water only), but when I get lax that diet coke craving comes back.
    4. Rounding Calorie Counting. *I have never really made a big deal out of counting my calories, just simply for the fact that I eat once a day. However, lately I am sure that I have been eating 2k to 2.5k calories in my OMAD* I am hoping that this will bring me back from maintain to losing again.

Embarking on a challenge, that I will probably gripe about later *** Priceless***

Gripe away! That's why we're here...and trust me, none of us like the process anyway HAHA - those are some lovely goals you've got there :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    If it takes a closer look then it does. Sounds like a plan!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Those are some great goals for March, Sammy! I also need to focus a lot more on #1. My husband cooks about half of the time, and I tend to just mindlessly scarf down whatever he's prepared, regardless of whether it's an ideal choice or not. Here's to a new month with new goals and (hopefully) more losses! :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Really like your goals, you are already being so mindful in creating them. You can totally do this!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Thank you for the support guys!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Microscope March
    March 1st

Daily Weigh in - 176.2

Previous Nights Meal Included...

2 Thin Pork Chops (320)
    Au-gratin Potatoes (300)
    Sweet Kernel Corn (60)
    Snack Chex Mix (210)
    4 Danish Butter Cookies (160)

Intake - 1,050 Calories

I ate the Chex Mix at 4:45 before leaving work, then had my main meal at 5:15.

We are off to a good start. Another all time low for me, and I hope to keep moving downward. I am definitely being more sensible, because I know that I am going to have own up to my meal. :)

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    AWESOME Boo!!! Gotta love those new lows! I wish I could keep my cals that low...I could probably get away without fasting if I did! Perhaps I'll try that for a week and see what happens!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice loss for the week and awesome plan! :D
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Yasss, keep on slaying, Sammy! :) Nice loss!
  • sammygold2015
    edited March 2018
    Options
    AWESOME Boo!!! Gotta love those new lows! I wish I could keep my cals that low...I could probably get away without fasting if I did! Perhaps I'll try that for a week and see what happens!

When I am mindful of what I am eating the goal is to feel satisfied, but not full. If not it is full on binge mode attack! Which is over 2k cals, and leaves me feeling so full that I can't move. (or at least don't want too)
    Nice loss for the week and awesome plan! :D
    Yasss, keep on slaying, Sammy! :) Nice loss!

Thank you!
  • dkayingram
    Options
    That is a super low. Would love anything in the 170s. I am hoping to hit 184 tomorrow too but not sure if it will happen :).
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    dkayingram wrote: »
    That is a super low. Would love anything in the 170s. I am hoping to hit 184 tomorrow too but not sure if it will happen :).

You might just make it! Trust me, it has taken me a long time to get to the 170's. Most of the time I was like "nope, ain't going to happen." I lost the majority of my weight super fast like within the first three to four months. Then I got lazy and still had losses but nothing to WOW over.

You have this, just trust how your body feels. I know when I start throwing out goal weights, my mind gets frazzled and that is all I can focus on. I also beat myself up if I don't meet the goal. So I have moved away from the race, and have gone into consistent marathon mode.
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome plan for March, and looks like you're off to a great start!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost
    December - 1.7 lbs lost
    January - 2.4 lbs lost
    February - 1.7 lbs lost

February
    Week 34- 176.2 (-1.1)
    Week 35-
    Week 36-
    Week 37-

Total Lost - 33.6 lbs lost

Microscope March
    March 1st

Daily Weigh in - 176.2

Previous Nights Meal Included...

Cheese Burger "homemade" (480)
    Tater Tots (320)
    1 Zebra Cake (160)

Intake - 960 Calories

TOM arrived. I will probably eat a lot today, as I am famished.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Ok I officially need to take a page of your book and start doing that - I did my refeed last night and ate WAYYYY too much...I usually like being super full but not yesterday...and it made me think I should channel you from now on and be mindful of stopping when I feel satisfied but not stuffed...send me some good vibes, lovely lady <3
  • dkayingram
    Options
    Way to go. OMG zebra cake yum yum!
  • sammygold2015
    Options
    Ok I officially need to take a page of your book and start doing that - I did my refeed last night and ate WAYYYY too much...I usually like being super full but not yesterday...and it made me think I should channel you from now on and be mindful of stopping when I feel satisfied but not stuffed...send me some good vibes, lovely lady <3

I am sending you all the vibes!!
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Way to go. OMG zebra cake yum yum!

I would have ate two, but my children begged to half that other one. Zebra cakes are my favorite of the little debbie selection.
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Ooooh, man, I love me some tater tots. I feel like potatoes are so delicious, no matter how you make them!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your goals for this month! You're doing great -- keep it up!