Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,085 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Sandy! Thanks for the pictures. The new mom needs to get some rest now. 52 hours is monstrously long!

Jackie, oh my goodness. So glad you are stocked up. Brrrrrr. Thanks for the hints (both you and Sandy). Am singing my own a Christmas carols when the spirit moves me. 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Patsy, I hope you can find a groomer for dearest Katie. It would be so helpful. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Barbie, look at the picture of dear Bessie. ❤️❤️

I watched church online today. We had some committee business this afternoon and it is settled now. I worked on a journal page and cut some pieces to make some cards tomorrow.

Texted with a friend for a while and read a bit of a book. Now I am re-watching episodes of “All Creatures…” lovely show.

Best wishes my friends.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

z8jhdewzsn3z.jpeg

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    We woke up to a winter wonderland. So beautiful with snow coating the trees. I decided a good day to remain at home and get things done. I did the weekly wash and I did the weekly iron. Then I cleaned the place and cooked lunch. After that I wrapped Christmas presents, put up the Christmas wreath and a few decorations and finally exhausted I joined Jilly Bean on the sofa with an aching back and the hopes of a snooze at which point Mark and Mary Jo turned up. Mark cleared the snow on the drive and I cleared the snow on the deck whilst Mary Jo took a very happy Bean for a snow sniff. At this point I can’t wait to climb into bed!

SANDY, what a beautiful baby! Happy congratulations great grandma. Add to that, a vast improvement for Babe. Super day for you.

And there’s sweet Bessie with her red flower.

Did the shower room finally warm up JACKIE as you join us in freezing temperatures. At least our LIN is enjoying a snow free day!

PATSY, keeping my fingers crossed for Damon and the house he fancies. Is Seaside a town close to you?

So, nothing exciting here. Work isn’t exciting! Mikes on vacation next week so maybe things will liven up. He didn’t come over today as planned because it was snowing quite heavily.

Goodnight friends. Jackie will be cuddled up in bed already with her furry family,
    Anne. Zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,037 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    2yan69vzso6k.jpg

Just a little better picture of my great granddaughter with no name. lol
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    And I was woken up with an eyelid kiss! Some day my prince will come, lol, but at the moment just Jilly Bean saying “wake up Anne, I want to pee pee”. Ah, the joys of being a dog owner.
    Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Sandy, congrats on the new baby. Thanks for sharing photos.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The freeze continues and this morning the butane gas for my hob was frozen so I had to dig out my emergency electric kettle! The gas cylinder is positioned on the north east corner of the property and doesn’t see sunshine this time of year but by midday it was flowing again and I’ve since used an old canvas bag to cover it up so hopefully no problems tomorrow. Anne, my shower room is currently warmed with a halogen heater that is connected to an extension lead that runs under the door! It is cosy if left to run for 20 minutes before I shower. My friends just down the road from you in London sent me a photo taken early yesterday of the snow that had settled outside. It looks cold but pretty.

We haven’t walked today because there are sheets of ice everywhere so not worth the risk of slipping. Another trug of cut and chopped kindling has been filled and I’m about to light fires in both downstairs rooms. Meanwhile panel heaters keep the temperature around 18C. Linda phoned to see how I was getting on and told me she had turned her car round outside her property to face the main road because she needed to buy milk and thought a gentle rolling start would get her going but her son arrived to question what she was up to so she has to do without milk! Funny how role reversals take place as mothers and their kids get to a certain age! I also had a long chat with my friend Pat in Gloucestershire and she is getting a lot of snow but luckily doesn’t have to go out until Thursday so it seems we are all staying home.

Congratulations Sandy on the arrival of another cute member of your family. She is adorable! ❤️ Sounds as if things are looking up for Babe too and you must be so relieved. I’m sure you will be able to relax once he’s in Rehab.

Lin, you are keeping yourself busy! That’s an unusual teapot and I quite like the pattern.

Ok, time to light fires and warm my feet because I’ve realised I haven’t put the draught excluder across the bottom of the door!

Hello to everyone. Stay safe and warm.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Sheets are in the wash soon to go in dryer and I will have a fresh laundered bed to sleep in tonight. Bryanna is coming to clean the house today and hopefully Babe will go to rehab. I did manage to order some gifts for all the animals in my family from Amazon so that is done. I also ordered a layette for the new baby and will have a blanket made with her name which by the way is Aloha, which means love and compassion and middle name Maluhia which means serenity. I will call her Lola. lol
    Besides the name, it will have birthdate, time, weight and length. I bought them for all the young grandchildren and I love them.
    I went to the Dollar Store for cards and things after the hospital but ran out of time since they were closing. I will try to get back tonight so I can get the cards and checks in the mail. I am sitting Wednesday for a couple of hours so Rob can go to gym and my son and his wife will arrive later in the afternoon. They are taking me out for dinner since I am tired of hospital food.
    The kiddos have a Christmas recital on Saturday and I have dinner with friends next week. Christmas Eve will be at Lisa's parents house and I am bringing ribs and wine. Christmas is coming too fast but I have faith in myself I will get it all done.

Time to eat and get ready for another exciting day. ;) Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, another gray day. Something is headed our way….maybe a bit of ice and rain but definitely very strong winds. No nice days forecast for the remainder of the week.

I took a few more cards to the post office, wrote a long email to a friend. I owed her one! Had lunch and then tried to get more things set up on the Windows laptop. Absolutely frustrating. I got one of my email addresses working. Not much progress!

Anne, what a busy day you had. Did you get some rest today?

Sandy, another wonderful photo and now the dear little one has a name! And you are busy indeed. Always getting something accomplished. How is Babe now? Has his AFib straightened out?

Jackie, you have lots of ways to cope with issues around the house. I don’t have an electric kettle but if we have power, the microwave would work. I have no alternate heat source and I am in awe of your stoves and supply of wood.

Barbie, hi!

Patsy, I am excited to hear if Damon got an offer in on that house. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Hoping it is a great old day for you and the family.

Take care everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

qkxefyk3r4vi.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Babe is the rehab facility as of yesterday afternoon. It looks like a nice place and the staff was very good. I just talked to him after he just got back from therapy. He said it is hard but he really wants to get stronger so I hope he works hard. Visiting hours are shorter than the hospital from 1-7 so my days will be shorter visiting. I won't go until around 2 today because he has therapy until 1:30. They get three hours of therapy daily, not continuous. They said he could be in there 10-14 days or longer depending on how well he does. I just want him to be able to go up and down the stairs and take care of himself. At the end of therapy they have me come in to learn about caretaking and if I will need help or not. One day at a time.

I hope to get my cards and checks out today or tomorrow. I went and bought the rest of my cards last night so I am ready to go. I have groceries coming early this afternoon so should be stocked up for when my son and his wife come tomorrow. She was rear ended yesterday and although not hurt she thinks her car is totaled. I told her to go to doctor to make sure she is okay but don't know if she will listen. My son wanted to cancel but she said she waits too long to get an appointment with her migraine doctor in Chicago.

I have been reading all the posts but just don't have time to respond to all of them, I hope you understand. Have a great day and keep staying healthy.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Under the weather today. Darn sinuses. May be back later.

Be safe everyone.

Lin
  • jacAth3
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Another night of freezing temperatures but the cover I placed on the gas cylinder worked and I was relieved to see the flames light up under my kettle first thing. I waited until about 1030 before attempting to go anywhere with George and Betty and spent time writing a few extra cards and a couple of emails. There was still a sheet of ice across the front of my garage so I walked very carefully to open the door and reverse out. Once out on to the road most ice had disappeared so I decided to drive up on to the moor to use the post office rather than go into town. Yesterday was the official last day for mailing 2nd class rate and talking to the post mistress, she said even 1st class might not get through by Christmas but I bit the bullet and sent all cards and gifts at the higher rate.
    The car park at the top of the moor had a covering of compacted ice but once I walked the dogs on to a grassy area it felt safer and my new boots crunched through the frozen ground. George was in his element racing, bouncing and chasing invisible rabbits and even Betty seemed to enjoy herself so I climbed to the top before finding a snowy path back down the other side. After staying in all day yesterday it was exactly what the three of us needed!
    The window cleaner turned up mid afternoon and when I stepped outside to pay him, I told him I thought he was a brave man! He was thorough but I could tell he wanted to finish and go home because he said my property was the last of the day and his hands were frozen.. After that I lit fires in both rooms and relaxed before preparing an
    evening meal.

Sandy, that’s excellent news about Babe’s progress and also that you don’t have to spend all day visiting. I do hope he can improve enough to get back to your apartment. It sounds like a lucky escape for your DIL because those rear end smacks can easily cause a whiplash and that’s the last thing she wants alongside her migraines.

Lin, I’m so sorry you are not feeling well. Did you eat something that caused a reaction or do these attacks come out of the blue? Take care and maybe get back under the covers.

I’m watching a BBC series called Between the Covers where book reviews are discussed amongst a group of celebrities. I must make a note of some titles that sound very interesting.

I hope Anne and Patsy are ok and everyone else who occasionally drops in.
    Another log on the fire before bedtime! I can hear the wind outside picking up and we should get snow overnight so we might have another stay at home day.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Although the snow was still on the ground today was beautiful and if one didn’t venture outside, it looked like spring had arrived…..through the window pane.

Michael showed up because he is on vacation this week before he lost the week in the new year when his firm starts vacations again.

So really, just a very pleasant day with us watching Croatia being thumped by Argentina. Argentina go on to the final against who? Game still to be played. We had ham, veggies and a plateful of chips for lunch.

Wonderful news about Babe SANDY. Do you think he will be home with you before Christmas? Doesn’t sound like it but he should be well fed with lots of people around and you will be able to visit your family without worrying about the lad.

Oh LIN I wish you could be free of those miserable sinuses.

JACKIE, with Jilly Bean being half Pomeranian, (Prussian) a love of cold weather seems to be in her genes just like George. She had three walks with Michael.

And that’s all from up here, enjoy the day everyone,
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    WE are still wet and chilly here, no snow, thank goodness. Both John and and I are feeling wobbly these days. We are doing okay but it takes us forever to get anything done.

I opted for canned soup, multigrain Chips and clementine oranges for dinner. I was clearing a cabinet to make room for more storage upstairs instead of downstairs. A big load for goodwill. Lots of rarely used small appliances…crockpot, rice cooker, etc. sign of the times. I used to cook more adventurously. I gave that up without a tear…believe me! But still need to do some cooking for dearest John.

Our grandson whizzed around with the vacuum. At the earliest opportunity I want to find a regular house cleaner. Maybe only once a month but someone who can do deep cleaning! I do barely on surface cleaning. Not what I like doing nor am I good at it.

I am giving John mainly DVDs to watch for Christmas. Things he likes but are not my personal faves…like crime movies with lots of car chases and explosions. That and a pair of good leather slippers. He walks around barefooted. With Katie and her stick collection you can never count on where she has been chewing recently. I have stepped on blackberry vines that she hide in a corner. Aaaaaaargh!

Sandy, that new great grand baby is a beauty! As newborn as she is, she already shows us how lovely she is and will be!

Diane: I wish I could have put up our big tree but I was lucky just to get any decor up and that would have been a disaster! I love all the glitter and lights and old family decorations. Enjoy it all my friend. It is the sweetness of life!

Lin; I know your cards are treasured by your friends. You put your heart in very card. We need a Lin card art gallery show!

Anne: are you baking your famous mincemeat pies again? I remember your photos of beautiful tarts and I know your family enjoyed the tradional treat.

Jackie: oh I love Bristol cream sherry and Irish cream sherry. I see you in front of your little log fire, sherry in hand and a kitty on your toes, a chubby Betty across your lap and George minding the fire. What a beautiful peaceful Christmas scene. Lovely music on the stereo or watching a concert on the TV.

Barbie: I remember you said you didn’t celebrate holidays. I think I remember you saying that everyday should be a celebration of life. I really like that philosophy. I think you follow that very well. Words from the wise!
    Getting prescriptions, making Mexican casserole for dinner, brushing .Katie, giving John a trim also.
    The day if full!
    Patsy☘️🎄🎶↘️
  • jacAth3
    Options
    When I let George and Betty into the garden last night for a last pee everything was covered in snow so I thought I might struggle to get George to come in but the cold soon drove him in. This morning we have about an inch of snow that doesn’t seem to be melting so we won’t be walking. The hens are fine and I’ve poured warm water on their frozen dispenser as well as scatter pellets and seed on the ground. The new roof is a great success as it keeps them dry and cosy.
    I’ve lit the fire in the dining room and will now make my favourite broccoli and Stilton soup.

Patsy, my kitchen cupboards contain a variety of electrical items that have become redundant but sadly our charity shops won’t accept anything with a plug. There is a separate skip at the local tip and we are told someone occasionally checks everything and finds a home for useable items so perhaps I’ll follow your example. I have definitely slowed as I’ve got older but like to think there’s rarely any rush,whatever I’m up to! M going set up my dining table for a George groom later because it’s chilly in my garden room. I could heat it but prefer to conserve energy for the main house. His groomer is due a visit Friday but think that will depend if this weather has delayed her schedule.

Anne, “Thumped” is a perfect description of poor Croatia’s defeat. France v Morocco tonight and I’ll be cheering Morocco! I’m glad I managed a long walk yesterday as it seems both my pooches are accepting the lack of walk today. Dear Jilly must have loved her adventures with Mike! It’s only 1C at the moment and will drop to freezing again in a couple of hours.

Lin, I do hope you are feeling a lot better today. Do let us know. ❤️

Sandy, enjoy your son and DIL’s visit.

Jackie ❤️

• linder4866
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi, alive, crawling about trying to do the few things that must be done. Horrible sinuses. Such a headache, my eyes keep watering. I am trying to inhale some steam once in a while.

Sorry to be so brief.

Lin
  • jacAth3
    Options
    LIN

fe28093m2ak1.jpeg

Jackie ❤️

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Miserable day here weather wise, raining and snow coming later. I am not going to visit Babe in rehab today as I am sitting for a couple of hours this afternoon and his therapy is scheduled that I wouldn't have time. My son and DIL are taking me out for dinner later and I am grateful.
    I just talked to Babe and he is miserable. He said he didn't sleep at all and had a bad dizzy spell at 6 this morning. He said therapy was awful because of his dizziness. He is having a bad day and I wonder if it is because I told him I wasn't coming today. His granddaughter might visit him later this afternoon so maybe that will cheer him up. I hate that I feel guilty not visiting but I have so much to do.
    Maybe this will be a test to see if he really belongs in a nursing home instead of me being a caretaker.
    At least he is in the right place for now where they can monitor him daily. One day at a time.

Have a good day my friends and Lin, I hope you feel better soon.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    I’ve just cleaned my horse brasses and brass candlesticks ready for the bearded blokes visit. Mind you I got an early Christmas present today which has to be assembled. I’ve been bemoaning my loss of a lovely English fireplace just lately, I really miss that coziness. Anyway Mike tolled up with a fake electric fire which has to be put together. He’s very naughty but he says it’s pay back time for all I’ve done for him and he heard me wishing I had a real fireplace the other day. That’s why I’ve been cleaning the brasses. So everything sparkles in the firelight glow. Mike is no handyman as you will all realize so I have to wait for Mark to be in the mood!

Jackie, Jackie, Jackie the two teams I dislike the most are in the World Cup final. No mention here of who as I’m trying to be nice for Christmas! That’s another reason for vigorously cleaning the brasses as I watched everyone writhing on the ground. The players will have our arthritis one day I guess.

Poor Babe is so unhappy and I can’t say I blame him. What a dilemma SANDY.

LIN, poor Lin. I have to admit I only had sinus problems once but remember and I so wish I had a magic wand to make you better. Praying you will be well for the season to be jolly.

Mince pie baking next week PATSY. Christmas and new year wouldn’t be the same without sweet mince pies with a bit of whipped cream on them. “Merry Months” we called them OOP North. Mary Jo’s Christmas puddings are waiting for their next steam. We are getting there!

Are you knitting BARBIE?

Well all from me,

Anne.

• jacAth3
    Options
    I know Anne! I changed channels once I realised the result wasn’t going to change but the final will be entertaining because both teams play dirty so it will be who can drip up who the most, or at least pretend! Love the sound of your fireplace. I warm up as soon as I see a flame and know you will feel cosy with yours. The only brasses here at the moment are the brass monkeys! 😁

Jackie