Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    Options
    Jackie and Anne, does this bring back any memories?

zdi2y40x1xct.jpeg
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    So much for a bright and sunny start… Thick fog and my washing machine full of damp laundry so instead of an early walk I’ve had a leisurely shower and hair wash followed by fruity breakfast with Greek yogurt. This afternoon Brady and Betty have an appointment with the vet for their annual boosters but that’s the only plan for the day. Have I mentioned the macerator that works off the loo in my old airing cupboard keeps going off without any flushing going on so I will have to book an engineer? Unfortunately, when the builder installed it he didn’t give me paperwork to register it with the manufacturer and with everything else going on at the time I didn’t chase it up so no warranty! Oh well, hopefully nothing more than a loose connection.

Lin, I’ve never quite understood the workings of Instagram but will see if I can find Dan’s photos. I mentioned in yesterday’s lost post that they are hopefully taking Veronica for a school half term break or perhaps they have Scottish relatives!

I’m now in edit mode after posting and then seeing the Shank’s pony on the next page! Thanks for the memory Lin because most of these old sayings are disappearing with the use of iPhones and pads that don’t recognise colloquial language. As teenagers my friends and I used Shank’s pony regularly!

Ooh, I do believe the sun is breaking through so I will hang my washing out and encourage George and Betty to wake up!

Happy Tuesday.
    Jackie 🥰

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I’m still using Shanks Pony LIN having never owned a car but have bought two in the past for Mark and Michael.

Hey! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE, and Jilly Bean is seven years old today!
    ANNE. ❤️🍷🌷🙃
  • jacAth3
    Options
    JILLY BEAN
    e2mrvb597al8.jpeg

Have a wonderful day full of treats and walkies!
    Lots of love from George, Betty, Brady, chooks and Jackie 🐶😻🐔🥰 xxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) We have a dusting of snow this morning and Bessie was delighted with it when we went out this morning. We'll go out again after breakfast.
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    “Yap yap” which means “thank you” in dog, JACKIE, George, Betty, Brady and Chooks.
    Much love from Jilly the Bean. XxxxxxX 🐕‍🦺❤️
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    Options
    bpnoja9z6pmy.gif
    Happy Birthday Jilly
  • linder4866
    Options
    hdksuna7a3t9.jpeg

Happy Birthday Jilly 🎁🎁🎁
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Oh my. Jilly is one lucky little dog. I’ll say a big thank you on her behalf! I’ve tried explaining to her she’s now a mature young lady!! She understand an awful lot, too much sometimes, but she hasn’t mastered typing yet.

From The one she bosses and cons treats from, ANNE.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Babe will be going to hospice floor in hospital. They have 24 hour care and will keep him comfortable. Hospice will come in and make all the arrangements. He is too weak and sick for hospice at home. He needs 24 hour care.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    Babe will be going to hospice floor in hospital. They have 24 hour care and will keep him comfortable. Hospice will come in and make all the arrangements. He is too weak and sick for hospice at home. He needs 24 hour care.

He will have good care but I am so sad to hear this 🥺🥺🥺

Sending love Sandy ❤️❤️
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Just got out of hospital, heart problems, a fib, pneumonia, etc. will post later when I feel better. Sort of weak and wooozy now.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Just got out of hospital, heart problems, a fib, pneumonia, etc. will post later when I feel better. Sort of weak and wooozy now.
    Patsy☘️

Please take care Patsy and get your strength back. ❤️❤️

• linder4866
    Options
    Just a teapot…..

qib41f93r72t.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    Options
    1911234w7hqie3wgl.gif

<3 We got a valentine card from the server at the drive through at Taco Time when we picked up our special Valentine lunch so I thought I'd give a valentine to all of you. You are awesome
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Patsy☘️

Patsy, what’s all this? You are our special, strong, supportive friend and I’m truly upset that your current state is weak and woozy! You have been throwing everything into taking care of John but please dear friend, it’s time to look after yourself as well and don’t deviate from that task! Rest, eat what you fancy and keep warm and cosy.
    0lf9lst9lops.jpeg

Warm hugs across the pond. 🤗🥰❤️
    Jackie
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Oh PATSY, I’m so shocked to read you have been in the hospital ! Too much worry in your life right now. I can’t say it better than JACKIE above me. Please, please take care of yourself. Spoil yourself dear girl. The family need you, we ALL need you to bounce back to normal very quickly.
    Hugs and warm thoughts from me.
    ANNE. ❤️🌷🌷🌷❤️
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Patsy☘️

<3 Time to rest and let your body heal <3
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Sorry to read you were in hospital Patsy. Feel better and as everyone is saying take care of yourself.
    You are our strength!
    Sandy
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello dearest friends! Your posts wishing me well means a lot to me. I will rest because I am still very wobbly and woozy. I hate the feeling of being lightheaded and not able to walk very well or think properly. Everything requires thought and rethink again! Doing gentle chair exercises now. Home health nurse will be coming soon.

Sandy; so sorry Babe has had turn for the worst. I guess we all get there. I firmly believe life doesn’t end, it just takes a different form. Stay strong and healthy, my friend.

Stay well my dearest ones, being sick is the pits!
    Patsy☘️