Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    The new neighbours are in their early 30s. No children. They are painting and revarnishing the wooden floors. Mary Jo found all this out, not me! Oh and the young man who MJ met is another Michael.

Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good grief, what an incredibly busy Sunday. Spent the day cleaning out more things, interrupted by online church, then back to work. Never got lunch. My back was killing me when I was contacted by a guy who wanted to buy an item of mine immediately. Well, okay, thought it wouldn’t take long but it was a crazy dance of changing time, place. I did get a few things at the grocery store in the midst of it. I had no Tylenol or aspirin and really just wanted to go home. Finally the transaction was complete. Went home and my tv wasn’t working. Fiddled with that, finally used the plastic neck traction thing for a few minutes and tried to start some supper. Well, as I was chewing the phone rang. It was my cousin that I hadn’t heard from for more than a year. I put my dinner aside and gulped down a Tylenol. When we finally hung up, I fell asleep.

Patsy, we are missing you. ❤️❤️

Have a good day everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

j0hkpgq6j7zi.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Had a wonderful time at Marisa's 18th birthday celebration a week early. Then Bryanna and I went to see the new puppy for a short time. Today my cleaning lady is coming at 10:30 and I have an eye appointment at 1:30. Two of my friends are picking me up for a late lunch from the doctor's office as I have a hard time driving when my eyes are dilated. After lunch my eyes will be good for driving home. They are very kind to do this for me each time I have to have my eyes dilated.

Lin, I am sorry you are still suffering with your back, have you considered going to the doctor? You are so busy each day you might want to just chill and do nothing one day. I am going for therapy on my back but it is still bothering me a lot so I am thinking of getting the shots to relieve the pain once and for all.

Anne, your new neighbors sound nice and maybe someone new to chat with over the fence.

Hello to everyone else and have a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Loveburg87
    Options
    I still keep looking out for PATSY. She didn’t respond to my sent memo. I will keep trying. Maybe all the upheaval with the new siding is the problem.

Just a normal clean through Monday here.

Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello. Laundry finished, plants on the deck watered, online forms for upcoming dental appointment sort of filled out and submitted. Why is everything multi-page now🤦🏼‍♀️ with a signature required on each page? Eeeck!

A Facebook memory appeared yesterday. Nine years ago, I did some physical therapy until I found out my insurance wasn’t paying much for each treatment. The therapist said I had a misplaced right scapula. Later in the summer I took a bad fall and hit on that side of my body undoing everything. Guess it is not surprising that I am having problems.

I have materials out for card making. I hope to get some work accomplished today.

Wishing everyone well!

From hot and steamy Iowa.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Artsy but not functional I would imagine

11f0w8fygra7.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Not really hot at 74 degrees F but I still might go to the pool to sit in the sun. I have therapy at 6:00 tonight, the only time they had available. Tomorrow I am going out for dinner for one of the ladies husband's birthday which was in May. He is 91 years young and still drives although he has very bad feet.
    I got a text from my son this morning asking if they asked me to sit for volleyball tomorrow. I said no, you did not and I have dinner plans. Lisa said they might have to pay the sitter $40 for sitting for the 3 kids and I was shocked. I did not realize babysitters made $20 an hour, I should be rich!!!! lol
    They will have to learn to give me notice if they want me to sit because I do have a life.

Lin, I do feel for you and your back issues, do you still have the same insurance? It might be worth seeing a chiropractor to fix your back.

Anne, I also sent Patsy and email with no response. I do hope all is well there, I wish we had Damon's email address.

Take care everyone and enjoy our summer months.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Our beautiful weather continues and after a walk round the block with George and Betty I collected Linda and drove to a garden centre in an old town about 20 miles away. We sat outside on a deck overlooking a man made lake with coffee and cake and watched Moor hens doing their best to teach youngsters to fly. No success by the time we moved on to look at the plants. They had a huge variety, mostly roses, but expensive so went inside to gifts and garden furniture before leaving. On the way home we detoured to look for a business that makes garden furniture but being in a valley, lost a signal and the Waze app. Found the business after a long search but it was closed so I will phone for details another day. Little unexpected adventures had us laughing all day and I’m home with a few packs of herb and veggie seeds to add to my raised beds.

I sent a Jacqui Lawson e-card to Patsy but it hasn’t been picked up yet which is a worry. I think it’s all we can do for now.

A very artsy teapot Lin, you’re right and definitely not practical. Pretty though.

Tomorrow will be another busy day with a morning hair appointment when I hope to get a shorter cut to cope with the heat. Bound to rain after that! My 2nd CT scan of my lungs is 7.30pm in the same town so a bit of back and forth driving!

Time to cook an evening meal of minced lamb burgers with steamed veggies, then more watering of plants and seedlings.
    Happy Tuesday everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Just when I’ve got to know the delivery grocery guys and I’m comfortable with the ordering, my grocery store is swapping for another delivery firm. Got notice today and it all looks very complicated. I will wait for one of the sons to help in deciphering it all.

With us all getting no reply from PATSY, I’m wondering if she and John have had to move out temporarily because of the Reno. Therefore no access to their computer. Worrying indeed.

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I found Patsy's son's business on google and reached out to him apologizing for invading his life. Hopefully, he will give us some answers or have Patsy check in. I hope that wasn't rude of me, I just voiced our concerns.
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Thanks SANDY, I was considering trying to find Damon.

Back to the grocery delivery. I find that a HUGE warehouse has been built where robots, yes artificial intelligence, scoot around sorting big orders out in 5 minutes. My grocery store has sacked my old nice grocery delivery guys in favour of this huge complex that’s just opened. And guess what, the first in Canada and imported from Britain. Called the next Industrial Revolution. Not my term for it! We are to be “zoned” in the greater Toronto area and in Montreal for future delivery. Well, everyone else is, old fashioned Annsie is figuring ways of tottering to the cozy Organic Garage with her old shopping cart where I can choose my own cucumbers etc. I had to go delivery during the pandemic. Will all the low paid workers at my present grocery delivery facility be sacked seeing they won’t be walking around filling orders? Just horrifying.

Anne.
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi there pals. We have been doing laundry, cleaning, sorting, etc. This afternoon I am going to take a few to read my British detective thriller. I am on Book 13 of the series.
    Lin..sorry about the pain. Hope you can enjoy some card creativity!
    Jackie, i just cut my hair too for our hot summer.
    Sandy, its lucky you are available for sitting. And, I think it is kind to reach out to see what is going on with Patsy.
    Anne, the grocery delivery situation sounds sci-fi. I still order from Walmart. I have good experience with it and no problems. Debbie will not get produce from them, but I am always happy with it. And its so easy to just pick it up. No delivery fee or tipping required. Actually, no tipping is allowed on pick up orders.
    Joy

• jacAth3
    Options
    A gorgeous day with more of a breeze. I’ve been for my hair appointment and shopped for groceries on the way home but barely finished lunch when the staff working on the CT scanner phoned to offer an earlier appointment so back I go! At least it will be a more pleasant evening and I’ll have time to water everything but expect I’ll get caught up in rush hour traffic!

Anne, our grocery shopping is becoming more automated too so fewer check outs while we are encouraged to scan and pack our own. Where will all the staff go and what jobs will be available? I’m glad I’m retired!

George slipped through the cat flap while I was out yesterday and finding a couple of packages by the garden room door, I’m guessing he chased the postman again but I have warned him and said to leave anything by the kitchen door since I don’t get passing traffic.

Happy Wednesday
    Jackie🥰

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) It is supposed to get to 77 degrees today so hoping to have a pool day for a few hours before going to birthday dinner.
    Obi, the pup, is doing well and Ewok seems to love him. Hopefully, all goes well when I am dog sitting.

Jackie, George is a little trouble maker, hopefully he doesn't try to bite the mailman. Good luck with your scan. What color hair did you get this time?

Joy, yes, they are lucky they have me to help them with kids and dogs or they wouldn't be going anywhere. I don't mind if I am not busy but there are times I would like to say no. I just remember asking my mom to sit for my four kids so I could go on a cruise with my first husband and she said no.
    I told myself I would never say no to help my kids if needed and I was indeed needed many times. lol

Anne, so far no response but he might think it was spam email, we will see. I do like self checking although I do feel bad for the employees who were probably let go. Right now I think Walmart has a shopper to do the shopping and a delivery service to deliver. Those Canadian fires are messing with our air quality especially in New York. How is it by you?

Have a wonderful day and keep staying healthy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Loveburg87
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Quickie from me. Our blue skies are grey and we have a VERY strong smell of wood smoke from all the wild fires burning here and in Quebec. I won’t let Jilly Bean and her little lungs outside today! Mike who lives further north is wondering how far down the burning forests will affect him. Meanwhile I’m very worried about my ex who lives on a forested hillside in quite an isolated spot in Quebec. Hope he’s okay and not evacuated.
    More later,
    ANNE.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    :'(Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about the change in your grocery delivery. We are so happy with the nice man who chooses our groceries and brings them to the car every Sunday morning. I can't imagine having a some AI character choosing my apples. Is there another store in your town that does delivery?

:)Sandy under the circumstances I am sure that Patsy's son will understand our concern and not be offended by your reaching out. What a clever thing for you to do.

:) We had a busy day yesterday in contrast to never seeing anyone. First the woman we bought our house from dropped by on her way to a care giving job nearby, then the dog groomer came to bathe and trim Bessie, then a neighbor brought his Tesla for Jim to see since we are considering buying an electric car.

:) Another warm day today but it will be pleasant in the house thanks to our heat pump system. I watered my newly planted seeds early so they will have water in their little roots. The pumpkin and sunflowers seeds started popping up fast, now the marigolds are showing but the zucchini is extra slow as is their way.

<3 Barbie
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    The only other store who does delivery is the chain that bought the AI facility BARBIE, and they’ve been joined by the store I’ve been using since the pandemic shut in. I used to shop for years at a wonderful little organic store but being small they didn’t deliver. I really loved that store and although I hate asking for help I’m rather hoping one of the sons will offer to help me with a weekly shop there again. Otherwise I guess I will have to continue making friends with the robots. Its not that long ago that I walked the distance with my shopping cart. Maybe I can again. The sons don’t want me to do this, but what the eye doesn’t see the heart doesn’t grieve about.

Meanwhile, it’s still very hazy here with the smell of a camp fire! I think Jilly has got cabin fever, me as well but I’m washing so frequent trips down the stairs and copious cups of tea help the shut in feeling.

ANNE.
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Anne, I am so sorry about the air quality due to the fires. I meant yo write and tell you we are thinking of you.
    Joy
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Thank you JOY. The air quality is supposed to be worse today and I wonder if my groceries will be delivered. Worse though is thinking about all the wild life caught up in these dreadful fires. The bears, deer, small mammals etc. At least the birds can escape. And then the poor fire fighters. So brave, and all the people displaced. At least little Bean and I can stay inside and not breathe the air and small particles which is something to be very grateful for. I watched a programme last evening about the Niagara peninsula. Such a beautiful area and one which I once loved to walk in. We are very blessed to live here and mainly by fate and not by choice originally. I never expected to love wild Canada as much as I do.

Just praying for a really good dowsing of rain.

ANNE.

• jacAth3
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good morning all. Our wind has picked up again and still easterly which is weird. I won’t say I’m missing the Atlantic weather we are used to but everything in nature is confused right now. I’ve never seen so many May blossom trees laden with white and sometimes pink, flowers. Everyone is commenting on what looks like beautiful cottton wool dotted around the landscape and it’s even opening the eyes of a younger generation that usually barely looks up from iPhones!
    Yesterday’s trip back to Bodmin for the scan was slow and I arrived 5 minutes late but partly due to the vehicle being parked around the back of the store whose car park they were using, so difficult to locate. I left George in my garden with Brady this time because they were hunting for something so I knew he would go straight out again if I put him in the cottage! It felt I was being rushed so the receptionist didn’t think I needed to fill in a form, walked me to the scanner and left me so when the technician arrived she asked for my paper. A friendly girl from the far east with a very strong accent so there was some confusion there. Also about my bra not being wired because when it’s hot I use soft elasticated ones that I bought when experiencing a radiotherapy heat rash! Too much information! She rushed me to complete a form then a male technician hung over my shoulder pointing at boxes, asked if I was diabetic and when I said no, snatched the form away! I was in the scanner longer than the first three months ago and when finished she asked if I had surgery on my kidneys so I hope they scanned the right area! Now I wait for someone to contact me.

Sandy, well done for finding Damon’s business. I wouldn’t know how to start looking. I expect so long as Patsy and John are alright he will want to check with them before responding. My hair is now bleaching in the sun so my appointment was for a cut only and a shorter one too. Here is its colour, blowing in the wind!
    20ys4ff7y6zt.jpeg

Anne, news of your fires hadn’t reached us when I last looked but so many natural disasters happening, plus man made bombing of a dam! I try to keep up with modern technology but find more and more that it doesn’t keep up with us! Independence is so important to us seniors but please don’t risk a fall. No buses I assume?
    I’ve just found an article about the fires that says there will be forced evacuations in parts of Quebec so that might include your ex.

This morning’s early walk was long and I think it exhausted both George and Betty but I don’t plan to go out again so they can snooze all day. We might get a welcome rain shower tomorrow evening so I’m going to spend today gardening.

Enjoy the day everyone.
    Jackie 🥰

• Loveburg87
    edited June 2023
    Options
    The sky is so grey it’s blocking out the sun and for the first time ever in June the FURNACE JUST CAME ON to warm me up in the shower!

Have you all seen the photo of the Statue of Liberty! Well you can’t see it it’s gone obscured by
    the smoky air!

We live in troubling times. Fire fighters are arriving from various countries and I believe the US is sending water bombers. As you can imagine, very little else on our news stations with the tv weatherman frantically searching for rain in our area.

JACKIE, not at all a pleasant visit to the hospital for you, BUT on the bright side, your hair is very pretty. I Hope that all is well for you.

ANNE.

PS, we are advised to dig out our Corvid masks if outside for an extended time. The worst out of control fires are in the Ottawa area and across westwards and north of us for Ontario.