Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,089 Member
    Options
    Hello. Got my plants watered this morning, lettuce picked, a trip to the library completed and have been doing paperwork and sorting things for the remainder of the day. I did select a company to do my tree work. Probably will be a 6 week wait.

Hoping for some rain soon. The forecast is for 90+ degrees F tomorrow. I plan on staying indoors and continuing on my sorting. Oh what fun. I do run across some things I haven’t seem for quite a while. Of course that slows me down. 😄

Wishing everyone well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Another kind of oddball teapot. A hat?

5fgwlbts4dk0.jpeg

• OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Another nice day though a bit warm at 87. Trying to figure out when the interior fans will do and when the AC must go on. Only have had our new ac for less than a yr so there is a learning curve here. Also want our house at 75 at bedtime, so often the ac might not go on for a while until one half hour before bed. Our utility bill is starting to creep up as usual. Though cooler than usual I suspect the heat is coming.

Lots going on around here. We are getting estimates for the whole exterior to get painted, plus a large patio cover. The roof needs power washing too due to the moss that builds up on the north side of the house. We have paint chips chosen from a book that our HOAs request we use. Have 3 choices made, but have to make a decision here and get an approval. Next the reality came that the garage door may also have to be replaced. It has a minor dent in a panel and we have heard we may have a door that isn't being made now. Oh yes....the 3 outdoor fixtures are 20 yrs old. What a project, but it has been 15 yrs since the last owners painted. One thing leads to the next it seems.

Reality hit we have to trim some of the overhang growth from 2 trees too before the power washing happens. So did one this early evening. Filled the can, so the other gets done in 2 weeks now. No rest for the weary as they say, but we are done for the night. We put this whole project off last year, but can't any longer. Joys of living in a senior community in the city.

Thinking of all of you and miss seeing Patsy on here too. Take time to enjoy your grandkids, plus the doggies too. Glad you can get your naps occasionally when the pup naps Sandy. Until next time....

Diane
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,041 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Happy Thursday! ❤️ It’s going to be a beautiful day, I might even put on my swimsuit and get some sun while chasing Obi around. Lol Things are going well and potty training seems to be better. I just have to keep a close eye on him in the house.

Nice hearing from you Diane, sorry about all the home improvements but they must get done. One of the reasons I am not sure I want to buy.

Hello to everyone else and have a wonderful day!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Another hot, sunny day so I was on the moors by 0730 looking down at a beautiful view of mist rolling in the valley. David arrived just after me so when he caught up we walked for about 20 minutes until it felt too hot for our dogs. Linda picked up cakes on her way to me so we sat under the parasol drinking coffee for a couple of hours, then I cut some bamboo canes for her to support pea plants, collected some old concrete blocks that used to support the bee hives to support her water butt, then we drove to her shared garden to install guttering on a shed. It was extremely hot in the sun so we took breaks in the shade and now she has use of an extra water butt once it rains…. Possibly Saturday morning. It was exhausting and just in time because Linda’s son phoned to ask if she could collect her grandson from school but I asked if she could drop me off first because George and Betty hadn’t been fed.
    I’ve enjoyed a cup of tea and am now thinking about making a basic chicken curry using some of Charmaine’s spices. That with some rice will be more than enough because I don’t eat much in hot weather. (Perhaps I should drop in on the pound a week club!!)

Hello one and all. Happy Thursday.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Phew, I’m whacked and not the girl I once was! Just taken Jilly Bean for a walk to the mailbox and back and I’m whacked.
    Nothing exciting to report except change could well be blowing in the wind.
    Mike will be over Saturday, and then he drives over to Quebec to help his dad out who is apparently as whacked as me. He will be gone a whole week. I’m spoilt and will miss our regular current affair chats.
    So, ta ta for now,
    ANNE.
  • linder4866
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good evening. We did hit 90 degrees today. Sweaty!

Anne, sorry your son will be out of town for a week. I know you will miss him.

Jackie, a busy day. Wow, you had a very hot day as well. I hope you are sleeping peacefully now.

Sandy, you are doing a good job with the doggies.

Diane, my gosh what a lot of repairs and fix ups to tackle. I was talking to a friend today and they are having problems with their HOA. It seems the board does what they want without regard to the written rules. I hope your HOA is more equitable.

Patsy, we are missing you.

Be well everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

8vggryg0la25.jpeg

• virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone. Seems like you are all very busy.
    We started out the week with chores and errands. Then in three different families dear to us, major health issues came up. Debbie and Lori handled the support duties, emergency room, etc. Debbie got back into town finally late last night, but not without road complications and trouble with the Waze app. Everyone doing better now.
    In fact, Lori has a haircut today, so she will be relaxing.
    Hope all the aches and pains have subsided.
    Joy
  • jacAth3
    Options
    A busy time for me because I once again went walking early so that I could visit my Aldi supermarket by my favourite 0830 time which misses the crowded times. Driving home with shopping Barney phoned to tell me he was already in my garden waiting to start hedge trimming and when I arrived he was sweet enough to carry my shopping in! He cut back where I wanted and will be back on Monday to finish across the back of my wild bottom. This afternoon I’ve pottered outside and also followed my nose to find an obviously dead mouse! 🥴. It was behind the broom cupboard George had spent hours hunting around a few days ago so body disposed of and area washed with bleach and detergent! Hooray, rain on the way in the next half hour and should continue all night so fresher air to help sleep in. Tomorrow morning I will meet Sheila for coffee and cake. I’m phoning round to find a builder to repoint the front of the cottage now the walls have dried out. One wanted to come and look first thing in the morning but my priority is definitely a coffee morning!

Chicken in the oven nearly ready to enjoy with salad and coleslaw. I was going to cook rice but don’t think I’ll bother.

I’m really concerned about Patsy and John but hold on to the thought that Damon knows about our group because Patsy once told us she would read our posts to him when he visited. Hopefully he will make contact one day if Patsy can’t.

Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! 😀 Early wake up call at 5:30 but I did manage to get a nap after I ran to Target while Obi was napping. He napped for three hours so I do get a break. Rob will be home Sunday and you can bet I will make up for lost sleep Monday. They are so cute to watch together but Ewok sets him in his place. Getting the potty training down pretty good but Obi is a sneak. I will miss him once home and told Rob and Lisa they can give him to me once they have him trained to sleep late and housebroken. 😂😂
    I don’t think that will happen.

I too, wish we could hear from Damon or Patsy just to let us know what is going on. I miss her posts.

Time to go back outside before dinner. Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello Sneakers, another busy day. Sorting through more things today. I found the calendars made with that expert card makers group at a local library years ago. It was fun to look through. I also spent some time talking to a friend and got caught up on their recent camping trips.

Busy busy day but I did take time to look up a phone number for our dear missing Patsy. I left a voice mail message. I don’t know if anyone will respond. I feel better for trying.

Jackie, another busy day! I hope you are resting well tonight.

Sandy, so it is home again soon for you. You have done such a good job with the doggos.

Joy, what a week your family has had. I am glad things are shaping up.

I need to get back to work. Always more to do.

Be safe.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Alice in Wonderland themed teapots.

041jdgdzvqvp.jpeg

• virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Lin, that tea set is adorable.
    Joy
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers, just a comment from me before I take off with Michael when he rolls up to get stocked up at the Organiv Garage groceries. Really looking forward to visiting my old hunting ground before the pandemic struck.

I just want to comment on my old writing pal PATSY. I was, like everyone, very worried about her, John and Katie. However, thinking about her whilst sleepless in bed last night, you know she has been through an awful lot lately with her health, Johns health, looking after Katie and then what sounds like extreme renovations with the siding on the house removal etc and it dawned on me that maybe she is just taking a deep breath and a sabbatical from writing, art, etc as she and John cope with health and every day living. I know I am slowing down myself and having to think about future living, and I’m not experiencing problems on the scale that Patsy is. So….I am stopping worrying for the moment and just hope she will soon be back with us, I miss her ideas for our children’s stories, her creativity and well, just Patsy herself.

Praying I’m right, ANNE, and I should add although this is not about me, I too might need an occasional sabbatical from some aspects of everyday living as I approach 88 years with Jilly Bean in tow, cleaning, weeding, washing, cooking, general living alone chores etc and becoming as slow as molasses. Not to mention the odd nap and it’s bedtime before you know it.!!!!!!

God bless everyone. ❤️🐕‍🦺🙃
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Another 5:15 wake up call but I did manage to shower, get ready and take a small nap when Obi napped. One more night and my son will be home tomorrow afternoon. I will miss the pups but not the early rising.

Anne, I do agree with you but in most cases we let each other know when we are taking time away from MFP. I think we would just like to know that John. Patsy and Katie are okay along with Damon and Andrea. I do hope they respond to Lin’s message. It could be they had to stay somewhere else while siding is being done and they have no internet. Let’s just pray there is an easy explanation.

Having a family zoom call at 12:30 and hoping Obi will be napping then. Have a great day everyone!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Yes SANDY, I also wondered if they had to move to a hotel or something with no internet. It IS a worry despite what I wrote. I got to the Organic Garage and bought all my old favourites and got served by one of my old favourite clerks. Me and Bean won’t be seeing Michael for almost two weeks. We will both miss him, but at least we know where he is.
    ANNE.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi, taking it a bit easy today I have been slinging too many boxes around.

I don’t know what is going on with our friends but I will admit worrying quite a bit when Buzz started going missing in us. It is a habit.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Christmas in July a bit early?
    ib8ccc3pkq2q.jpeg
  • jacAth3
    Options
    It’s my bedtime but thought I should check in first. It was very humid when I walked George and Betty so I didn’t drive to our usual haunt but instead went to a quiet spot close to home. After just 10 minutes George had his little mouth open taking in air so as soon as they had done the necessary, I took them back to my car and home. Sheila and I met at the post office for our coffee and cake and decided to sit outside to be entertained by a sheep scrounging for food. We didn’t give her anything of course but noticed another group offering biscuits! We both chose a slice of Bakewell tart and were served large pieces by a staff member then, as we sat enjoying it, one of the owners stopped to say hello and commented on its size being too big then offered to get us some cream to go with it. She returned with two dishes of clotted cream that made the meal extra special.
    We barely had any rain yesterday but at the moment have a warning for severe thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon so I haven’t watered much outside. The builder didn’t respond to my message about being here after lunch so since I find that rude, especially as he told me to text rather than talk on the phone, I won’t follow it up but see who else might do the work.

In my e-card to Patsy I mentioned we were worried even though we knew they were busy but she still hasn’t opened it so I assume emails aren’t being read. When I first joined the group there was a lovely lady living in Alaska who was given a cancer diagnosis and became extremely unwell but would post heart emojis to let us know she still read our comments. They did stop after a few months and I think we all assumed the worst.

Brady is in looking for a midnight snack so I will feed him and get to bed.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Sunday!😁 Obi slept in today until 6:00am. I went to sleep around 9:30 so rested today. I will wash the sheets and towels so everything is clean for Rob. Will pack up my stuff and be ready to go home. Since it is Father’s Day Bryanna is coming over with her boyfriend to have pizza with her dad. I am not sure I am staying but will see how I feel later.
    I know I will miss these two grand pups but will see them again soon.

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Good morning on this Fathers Day.

Your sheep story brought back a happy memory JACKIE. When Flo came back with me to the old country to stay with my family, my cousin Val and husband Roy drove us to the Yorkshire moors above Whitby. We settled down to eat our lunch amongst the heather and Flo who was just about to eat was shocked when a sheep grabbed the sandwich out of her hand. I guess they get a bit bored with moorland grass.!

Michael will soon be off on the six hour journey to see his Dad and I’m sure Derek will have something planned for dad Mark. I plan to put my feet up most of the day and catch up on reading, probably in the garden because the temperature should be low seventies.

So HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all the dads out there,
    ANNE.
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone. No storm, no rain, just a few teasing spots so I will have to keep watering the plants.
    I enjoyed a leisurely start because it is certainly cooler so no need to walk at the crack of dawn. We walked the same route we did yesterday then I drove to the pet store to stock up. Managed to spend close to £50 because all pet food is so expensive now, along with everything else I suppose. I had contemplated cutting the grass, then remembered Barney left his heavy tools in my shed so I can’t remove the mower. He should be back tomorrow to finish until the Autumn.

That’s funny Anne, about the sheep taking Flo’s sandwich. I imagine the sheep outside our post office will be stealing off everyone now someone gave in to her! Yesterday George looked at a lamb from a distance and the little thing decided he was worth investigating so scampered up to him and that was enough for George; he ran away!

Christmas Lin? Don’t you dare! 😲

Dog sitting over for now Sandy. Enjoy your day, whatever the plans.

Time to give the hens their afternoon corn then prepare something for myself.

Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    JACKIE that was Flo’s first sight of a real live sheep because there aren’t too many in Canada and I’ve yet to personally see one here. She probably puts them on the same level as a grizzly after that encounter. I’ve got a photo somewhere. ANNE.