Happy Thursday!😄 Dog sitting.
    Will try to check in later!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good afternoon. No errands today. Just working at home. A bit of sorting. Jettisoning most of my framed photos that were entered into shows in the 1990’s. I am taking them from the frames, ditching the frames and ripping up the photos. I have a relatively large number of black and white photos taken in different locations of the city, also in the 1990’s but they are small. I might keep a couple of them. Haven’t decided yet. And no worries on me not keeping anything, it is more an issue of still, keeping too much. 🤦🏼‍♀️ well, it is interesting to get reacquainted with my photos from that time period. All taken with film cameras.

Sandy, enjoy the dog sitting. Woof, woof.

Jackie, thanks for the info on Trustpilot. We have been steered to check with the Better Business Bureau here. Although lots of comoanies do not appear there. Many of my problems of course are with Amazon vendors. I ordered some name brand nasal spray today and it was interesting that there were a lot of different vendors, pricing, delivery dates, etc. All we’re selling the same product. I have been burned with stale edible merchandise and short date or expired over the counter drugs. I think they should have to tell you how much time before the product is expired. Okay, will stop now.

Anne, aha, well, so home may continue to be your home. That sounds good. Life is full of twists and turns. Another day of early grocery delivery. Those folks are eager beavers! I hope you have your refrigerator full of delicious and safe food.

Barbie, sorry the zucchini seeds did not germinate. I bought a few cutting celery seeds and had the same issue, none of them germinated. And I did keep them moist. I didn’t check germination rates because I had just a few seeds. Oh well, looking forward to green beans. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

i32dkrab28gd.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    <3
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    The Sneakers page flying about so will return later when it’s hopefully behaving!
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I’m having trouble with this today as well. So if I disappear with no Michael to put me right I’m still around just not here.
    ANNE
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello friends

I am watching Royal Ascot broadcast on the Peacock app. Lovely!

Enjoying the horses and the attire of the people.

Be well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

ylfuxeg66s8u.jpeg

• barbiecat
    Options
    :) All is well with my internet and MFP but I have nothing to say. Have a great day.

<3 Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! 😀 My last day of dog sitting, Lisa and kids should be home tomorrow. Rob has a meeting tonight so I will be here until about 8. Obi was and still is sleeping when I got here. I will be at pool all weekend weather permitting. I will be going to Colorado in September to meet my great granddaughter Aloha, from Hawaii. My son in law’s niece is getting married at a resort so my daughter invited me to come to the resort and share a room with my granddaughter at no cost. I will pay for my own airfare and whatever other expenses there are. I will not go to wedding as I feel I would be crashing it since I wasn’t invited. I will give a card and a check just to be nice, but will let my SIL’s family share their time together. There is plenty to do there to keep me busy.

Have a great day and stay happy and healthy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time.
  • jacAth3
    Options
    We haven’t walked yet but thought I would see if I can see you all and more importantly, type! It seems I can so will be back later. Muggy and quite warm but cloudy so bearable. Probably a local village stroll.
    Happy Saturday.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Finally home to do as I please and catch up on all my computer stuff. After our family zoom call I will be going to the pool since it is supposed to hit 93 today. For some stupid reason there is a new rule at the pool that says no more blow up devices such as the chair I use to sit in and float. This makes it very difficult to sit in the sun so I have to sit on the edge of the pool because the water is too cold to actually swim. I am doing some laundry so that I can catch up and be ready next Friday to pack for Ohio. I have a cardiologist appointment Monday and a MRI Tuesday and therapy later that afternoon. This will be my last week of therapy, at least I hope so.
    I really need to order some groceries but I will probably do it tomorrow for a Monday delivery.

Have a great day everyone and stay cool if it is hot where you are.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    Gosh what a morning newswise. I’m referring to mutiny in Russia of course.

And Jilly Bean is having her own mutiny. After eating the canned chicken yesterday, she’s made it very clear today that she doesn’t want any more. That means I had my own cooked chicken breast, English home cooked chips, carrot and broccoli for lunch and guess who joined me! I can’t have the little thing starving now can I, lol.

So, I’ve had my nose either stuck in the BBC news or stuck in lovely tasty chips.

Which means no other news in Anne’s and Jilly Beans life today. Except it’s gloomy outside with lots of welcome rain forecast,
    ANNE.
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 169 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi to all.
    Sandy, Too bad about thar pool rule. Nothing better than sitting on one of those in the water.
    Anne, we turned on the news this a.m. to watch too. Looks like agreement reached.
    Not much going with us. We went for our long overdue teeth cleaning. We ended up feeling like old stereotype grouches. Just people cant do their jobs right nowadays. First, when calling Lo asked for two appointments, one for herself and one for her mother. We both got appointments at 11. We remarked oh they got two hygienists. We get there and they took me. I didnt know until later that Lo had to wait a half hour for hers until afterwards.
    I had no problem and Amber was nice, efficient, and gentle. Then she says the dentist will be right in. I am waiting in the dental chair and start to clock it and its over 20 minutes. Then, he glances at xrays..not even close look…and looks quickly in my mouth and says bye. Now I go back into waiting room and Lo comes out to pay. When making call for the appt, she said I dont have insurance so will be paying in cash, how much will it be. Told $90. At checkout they said she owed a hundred something. She had to remind girl of original conversation about payment and it did not go well. We are never going there again. So today, a gray cloud covered day we are probably going online shopping for a new dental office!
    Anyway, I know old people are not supposed to look backward, but I do anyway, and I miss the good old days.
    Joy
  • Loveburg87
    edited June 2023
    Options
    The last time I went to the dentists I got thoroughly told off for not going earlier. I did bleat we had just got through a Corvid shutdown, I’d also been rather ill from the vaccine and was recovering from shingles, plus at 87 I don’t drive and had to rely on someone to get me to the damn office. I’m with you, Joy. I think all the good old dentists of our hay days are probably now drilling holes in the pearly gates !!!!
    ANNE.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good evening, it’s been a day of severe weather watches and warnings. I think we are now out of the tornado watch.

I watched some of the Royal Ascot racing today and saw the King and Camilla briefly. Again, some interesting hats but I stopped watching when in one race near the finish line several jockeys were beating their horses with those crops. It made me sick.

So I have been working on cards again today. I am ready to mail them on Monday. And it is time to start on July birthday cards.

Guess I am fortunate to have an okay dentist. Sorry Joy and Anne.

Sandy did you get to the pool? Is there any type of pool chair that is allowed?

Jackie, I hope you had a good day.

Be safe my friends. Nothing else new to share.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

iqucucr0nxe5.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) Since my zucchini seeds didn't sprout, I transplanted the sunflowers I'd planted in pots into the empty area. There won't be any zucchini for the neighbors and us, but at least there will be something that we can watch grow in that spot.
  • jacAth3
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Midday already! It’s horribly muggy so I decided a short walk round the block would be enough because it was cloudy but halfway the sun came out and not only baked us but the pavement ( sidewalk) so I contemplated tucking my two 8 kilo dogs under each arm so their pads didn’t burn!! I doubt any of us would have made it if I had so instead we zigzagged from one shadow to the next. As ever, we are threatened with thunderstorms that never appear so I will probably be watering the veggie garden and flower pots tonight.
    Pooches pooped and snoozing!
    vzoz4ai0avll.jpeg

It seems the revolution in the east is over as fast as it began so, for the citizens, it’s probably a case of better the devil you know!
    At the moment I’m extremely lucky to have held on to an NHS dentist that I’ve been with for years because with thousands of new houses springing up, it’s apparently impossible to get on the books of the few that exist. If I have to, I will go private but would hope to stay with my Stephen! Sheila told me a funny story in the week about her appointment she thought she should book because she hadn’t been for a while so might have lost her place. He was a new 30-something very pleasant young man who, because her back is so painful, had to physically lift her into the chair. I said it’s amazing to what extent some will go to get hugged by a handsome man!

Lin, I stopped watching horse racing ages ago because stories were leaked about the cruelty used in training, especially the Middle Eastern friends of royalty. Our annual Grand National is a nightmare too. I do like the style of your latest teapot. Simple lines and pattern.

Anne, George has been refusing to eat until late evening because it’s so warm by our standards. I do hope, if Mike gets to vote in the Toronto mayoral election, he closes Molly the dog. She is gorgeous and probably has the most intelligence!

Sandy, you are brave. I wouldn’t last a minute in a bikini in 90 degrees!! I wonder why they banned your chair.

Well, no rain as thick, dark clouds have drifted over and disappeared so with coffee finished, I will attempt to make sense of the diagram to put the new chairs together.
    kvxk4di6xin7.jpeg
    11 x pieces of wood and 30 x screws and washers! 😳🤯

Happy Sunday everyone. Enjoy whatever you get up to.
    Jackie 🥰

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) We had a little rain during the night, very little. The sun is out now and if it stays I will be going to pool. My landlord was there yesterday and we asked about the dumb rule of no blow ups at the pool. He also thought it was dumb and told the lifeguard to use his own discretion when it comes to the blowups. If the pool is crowded then no but if few people are in the water then let them be used.
    So I will bring my chair today in hopes of it not being too crowded.

Jackie, chair looks complicated but I have faith in you and you will get it done. I had a heck of a time putting together my office chair but finally got it done so if I can do it you certainly can. Love the picture of the pups, George's coloring is just beautiful. By the way I don't wear a bikini I would never pull that off. I try to hide as much as possible. lol

Have a wonderful day my friends.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good evening. Nothing interesting here today. Much cooler, windy and we received virtually no rain at all in the last 24 hours.

Jackie, what a lovely photo of Betty and George. And oh my gosh, assembling that chair looks like less than fun!

Sandy, I hope you were able to use your inflatable chair.

Anne, is Michael home now? Did he stop over?

Barbie, good use of space but I would imagine some of your neighbors will be disappointed that there are no surplus zucchini this year. 😞

I am going to watch PBS this evening. Winding down to the end of Endeavor. They called tonight’s show the penultimate episode. Right.

Off I go to do my dishes.

Be safe my friends.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

8v1lngjjakzk.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Cooler day with possible showers. I have an appointment with my cardiologist this afternoon and Rob asked if I could watch kiddos and pups for their volleyball game tonight to which I said yes. Lisa's mother is allergic to dogs so she won't be able to help for volleyball after all.
    It so happens both dogs are big shedders so lots of hair to deal with which is not good for allergies.
    I went to the pool yesterday and there was a new guard who told me I could not use my chair float.
    Later my landlord stopped by the pool again and he told her if there is no one in the pool it is fine.
    I didn't use it just because I didn't want to cause problems and it was a little cooler than the day before.
    I hope they get their act together and figure this out because there are others who bring little floaties and are also upset with this new rule.

I hope you all are doing well and keeping healthy, I am trying.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Happy birthday Diane.

ntnm6jfx67hr.jpeg

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️