Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    xeemyej0ijsm.png
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,110 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Some errands today and some church business to tend to. That is complete for now.

I got my plants watered this evening. They look pleased. 😄

Trash is at the curb.

And I went investigating as I heard something hitting my house, twice. The girl across the street hit my house while trying to learn how to play golf. While her dad was in the house she apparently got out a real driver. Not a kid club, and let a real ball fly, not a practice ball. 🤦🏼‍♀️

My handyman will be over to look at the damage in the next few days. I have pulled out a few pieces of siding kept from the original installation.

Life is interesting.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

8vk9abn7uq6c.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Another cooler day which is okay with me as I am going for a MRI this morning on my back. Later I have therapy but the rest of the day is mine. I did sit yesterday but all was good and it was only a couple of hours. I even slept better for a change last night so all is good in the world today.

Lin, what a terrible thing to happen to your house, luckily the golf ball didn't go through a window and hit you. I hope they are paying for your damage. I agree, life is interesting.

Hello to all, I don't have much time this morning and still have to eat breakfast. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    A day late but happy birthday Diane. Yesterday was extra busy for me and included transporting a large tomato plant to Les. The supporting cane had to be removed in order to fit it into my car, sitting on the floor behind the passenger seat, but it immediately bent over so I fixed it behind the seat with a strap that keeps the doggy cover in place. I will take another later in the week because today, after a walk, I visited Sheila to deliver the garden chair cover and stay for coffee. She is feeling better and has asked if I can help her empty her garden shed because her cleaner’s husband is going to replace the rotten wood floor. We both have things to do in the week so Saturday morning we will meet for coffee and cake at the post office before carrying out that task.

Putting just one of my new chairs together on Sunday took literally hours then the last screw went in but it’s head was damaged so when I realised the chair’s arm had to be attached in the same spot, I couldn’t unscrew it! I’ve looked online for a solution and apparently it needs a rubber band to be held across the top so the screwdriver pushes it into the damaged hole and grips it enough to turn! I haven’t tried that theory yet!

It’s cloudy and muggy so I intend to groom George to remove some of his fur around his eyes because I know how annoying mine feels when it flops in my face.

How annoying Lin that your property was damaged. I trust the girl’s father will pay for the repair?

At the end of our walk yesterday I was stopped by a man who first indicated a rainbow in the sky behind me so when I said rain was on the way he thought that was an invitation to pass on all his theories about a dozen or more conspiracy theories whether I was interested or not! The upshot of that was that the rain arrived and soaked the pooches and me but when we finally got home the ground was bone dry so I’m still watering daily!

Stay safe everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Diane!

Toronto has a new mayor JACKIE, but alas not the beautiful dog! My next choice though won the vote. Olivia Chow. Apparently the premier of this province doesn’t get on with her. I don’t like him much either, so all good that the late Jack Leytons widow won.

All for now as I’m doing some research instead of housework on a gloomy day. Mikes back with us LIN and I’m so sorry that twit of a girl hit your house! Golf balls are meant for vast open spaces. Her father must surely pay for the damage if he’s a honourable man.

ANNE.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,954 Member
    Options
    :)Sandy, In our house the word "sit" has a vastly different meaning. It refers to meditation. You probably enjoy your chance to "sit" as much as we enjoy ours.

:)Lin, the only damage to our house from golf came when Jake tried out a new club (no ball involved) in the living room and hit the fan/light fixture in the ceiling and we had to replace it.

:)Anne, I always choose an alternative to housework.

:)Jackie,,I am frequently wary of speaking to people along the way lest they want to talk about more than the weather.

:) Jake has gone to meet the new cancer doctor. It's a long drive so I'm staying home with Bessie. I rarely have the house to myself so this is great treat.

<3 Barbie

• Sandydur
    Options
    We are really experiencing the Canadian Fires today, our air quality is awful. Some of the pools in the area closed because of it but not ours. The next few days brings rain so hopefully will clear the air.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    c9qvdxs91a17.jpeg
    This is the extent of my gardening. 🤣🤣
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    First off thank you for the birthday wishes from those that remembered. I really appreciated them. My daughter stopped by for a visit after work, which was a pleasant surprise. She brought me a very pretty bouquet too. She knows I always appreciate flowers. Other than that a quiet day around here.

It has been a hard week. Still dealing with my tooth and thanks to antibiotics I am getting through it with no pain. July 6th can't come soon enough. Then I had another health issue, which requires me to be on a second antibiotic at the same time. I am so done with health issues !! I will get thru it, but it curtails my being able to enjoy some good meals. Suspect I have some more changes in the food selections to come. I thought I was eating very well, but tummy issues have been a part of my life.

And finally we had to put Jacque down on Friday afternoon. He took a turn for the worst requiring a trip to the ER vet. Very high protein test giving him kidney failure, fluids in his lungs and two leaky heart valves. He was on the verge of heart failure. As hard as it was at 13 the time had come. Miss our little guy a lot and he will be our last animal. Definitely feels a bit unusual around here. Its a lot like having another kid leave home. We are trying to keep busy....

Shall go back a bit to read what I haven't seen soon. Hope all is well you all of you.

Diane
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,954 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Diane, so sorry about Jacque. He will be missed.
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    DIANE, very sorry to read about little Jacque. However old they are we miss our little family pets so much.
    I have been having severe food problems as well, and I am beginning to suspect the blood pressure pills I take. They are the first medical subscribed pills I have ever taken in my long life. The timing of taking them seems right as well for me to suspect them.
    Oh well, hey ho,
    ANNE.
  • linder4866
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello Sneakers

Diane what sad news. I am sorry Jacque is now gone. And then your added health issues, what a rough patch you are going through. I am glad your daughter brought you flowers. Take care.

Anne, sorry you are having stomach issues. Determining what is causing problems is so difficult. I hope you get it sorted.

Sandy, hey, that qualifies for gardening. Nice containers!

Jackie, you are so very busy. Always taking on another task. You are so kind to help so many people. I have another friend with too many tomato plants. No one will take them and she has no place on her lot to plant anything else. She is so upset that the plants may die. Take care as you transport any other giant tomato plants.

Barbie, the story of the indoor golf accident made me giggle although it probably was not amusing at the time.

It got quite hot here yesterday and we also had some bad air. Today is worse and the weather folks are recommending N95 masks today. I finally sorted out some bags of books to take for donation. I have a part of a bin left and am wondering whether taking them for resale is worth the time and effort.

Doing laundry and hoping for a bit of rain.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A collection of teapots
    4cxqvbj0ddon.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    We have rain! Not a lot but gentle so at least it will soak in rather than run off. I’ve had a most enjoyable morning, first visiting a local, wonderfully grand estate called Port Eliot with Linda, belonging to an old aristocratic family that has opened up the stables and courtyard to allow local businesses to trade. Of course we headed straight for the coffee shop for our usual morning treat and sat amongst an array of potted plants.
    1pfcea0ozwp5.jpeg
    There were many local crafts for sale but very expensive so after a stroll in what was, at that time, sunshine we drove on to a plant nursery a couple of miles away along some very narrow lanes… very exciting when meeting vehicles coming from the other direction! Linda couldn’t remember who told her about this nursery but what a find! The lady running it is developing the business on farmland where they keep livestock and the variety of plants was enormous so we spent lots of time wandering in and out of the poly tunnels until we filled the back of my car!
    The rain has only just arrived so hooray, I don’t have to water tonight!

Diane, I’m so sorry to read that your Jacque took a bad turn but is now at rest. It’s heartbreaking when we lose a pet member of the family and I’m sending hugs. ❤️

Sandy, I was reading about Chicago air pollution which must be unpleasant. Your garden made me smile. Is it mint? 😁

Lin, if your friend is anything like me, young plants become precious so there’s nothing worse than having to dispose of any extras. On the way home from today’s nursery we had to find room in my car for a top heavy Dahlia Linda bought that must have been 3’ high but having learnt from transporting Les’s tomato plant, I sat it on the floor behind the passenger seat! A nice collection of teapots and sitting on a crocheted mat that looks very similar to those my grandmother created about 80 years ago!

Barbie, I’m wary of talkative strangers too and often think I’m too polite so stand and listen to their nonsense, especially conspiracy theories!

Anne, I’m sorry Molly the dog wasn’t voted in as mayor but if the person who was will stand up to the premier then that’s a good alternative!

Time for an afternoon cup of tea then vacuum upstairs while it’s fresher and cool.

Happy Wednesday.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) We still have an air alert but the sun is shining, do I or do I not go to pool is the question. I had my MRI yesterday but no results until tomorrow. I doubt I will get the shot before I leave for Ohio Saturday. I will just have to stop every couple of hours to walk around and stretch my legs.
    I booked my ticket for Colorado but today it is $21 cheaper or $42 if I don't mind a 2 1/2 layover in Denver. I have until 9pm to cancel my original ticket so have to think about all this. The problem is the resort doesn't have a free shuttle from the airport and an Uber can cost $80. My grandson better not change his mind about coming with the baby or I will be very upset.

Jackie, what a beautiful place for coffee. I am glad you finally are getting some rain for your garden.
    Yes, my plants are mint because I was told they keep bees away and they annoy me when they sit on my hummingbird feeder trying to get the sugar water.

Lin, I love my self watering containers even though I almost have to fill them everyday. They are not messy so won't leak to the patio below. Our air was horrible yesterday but waiting to see what the news says today to see if it is safe to go to pool.

Anne, could you have any other condition than taking the blood pressure pill? Maybe something that needs to be checked out? My DIL thought she had food poisoning and has been through two colonoscopies because the first one showed ulcers on her colon but the second one was fine. They are thinking some sort of virus. Could the smoke from the fires be affecting you? Hope you feel better soon and get some answers.

Diane, I am so sorry about Jacque, he fought hard but is now at peace. I agree, it is so hard losing our pets, they are family and will be forever missed. I am also sorry to hear about your health problems but happy your birthday cheered you up a bit. Hang in there.

Have a good day all. I have a do nothing day and going to take advantage of it.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Sandy, with all the airline problems, good thing you are driving to Ohio.

Lin
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    JACKIE, did you see on BBC news today about the little dog that fell off the huge 160 ft high cliff at Flamborough? AND survived! The coastguard Abseiled down the cliff to rescue her before the tide rushed in. I loved to go to Flamborough but you had to be careful when visiting the cave. The sea came in very quickly and many the people who had to be rescued by the lifeboat crew. My Auntie Alice’s favourite charity because Uncle Donald her husband was the captain of very large merchant ships. He survived the Atlantic crossings during the war but only narrowly. He used to tell my then little boys some harrowing tales.

Here, I’m beginning to wonder if we will ever see a blue sky again this summer. We had downpours of rain but it didn’t put out the Ontario and Quebec wild fires. Very heartbreaking and there’s never been such a bad season before. I’ve kept Jilly indoors today because she is too small to be breathing the air.

ANNE.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »
    Sandy, with all the airline problems, good thing you are driving to Ohio.

Lin

I agree Lin, it's a disaster at the airport.
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    4cio5t58qckj.jpg
    Sorry that this is so large, but don't know how to make it smaller.

Here is Jacque....Not sure I ever showed you a photo of him.

Diane
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Air quality is still bad but I am going to my meeting and possibly having my car washed even though we are expecting rain. I just hope there are no storms while I am driving on Saturday.

Diane, Jacque is adorable, is he a toy poodle? I had a toy many years ago called Gidget and I loved her.
    I know you miss him and always will but you didn't want him to suffer so you gave him peace. <3

Anne, we do have sunshine but they keep saying the air quality is really bad so I can't imagine how it is by you. Good thing Jilly knows how to use pee pads and can stay indoors, you do the same, stay indoors I mean not use pee pads. lol

Have a good day and keep staying healthy, I am trying.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jacAth3
    Options
    I’ve enjoyed a productive day. Our dog walk was early so that I could get to the supermarket before it became busy. Mostly fruit and veggies, plus salad items so it didn’t take long and I was home and pottering in the garden. There was drama when a young sparrow that was nesting under the eaves thought it was time to fly but found itself on the ground with a very excited George trying to catch it. Both disappeared into bushy growth but I don’t think George was successful. I’ve picked lots of strawberries and weeded and watered around the plants because yesterday’s rain didn’t do much to help. I won’t complain because knowing Cornwall, once it really starts we’ll have non stop for weeks!

That photo of Jacque is adorable Diane. Friends had a female called Cleo a few years ago that was so smart. I’m guessing Jacque was too. ❤️

Anne, I had missed the story about the dog that fell off the cliff edge so looked it up. It looks so sheer I can’t imagine how it survived with nothing more than an injury to its back but see it was a Cockapoo, so no surprises it ran over the side. My two are always kept on leads if walking along coastal paths but it seems the owners didn’t understand the risk. Visitors don’t always.

Sandy, your pee pad comment did make me laugh! 😁

Mentioning a Poo type dog makes me think of Patsy’s Katie and do worry what could have happened to them. Perhaps we’ll never know but that would be awful.

I’m now going to make myself a cup of tea and soak my sore feet in Epsom salts because they hate hot weather!
    Jackie 🥰