Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    JACKIE, if you read the BBC “top stories” internet today, you will get a good idea what it’s like over here because it’s the top story. Explains better than me.
    ANNE.
  • jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Anne, I’ve just made a point of watching our lunchtime news to check what’s going on with those fires but typical British media, they are more interested on the effects on New York City! I’m sure they think Canada is just a vast area of trees and lakes with not much going on! The usual question I’m asked if my once living in Toronto comes up is was I close to the Rockies! 👀. I’ll look at the BBC App before getting back to my garden. Don’t go outside without a mask. 😷
    Jackie

PS nothing to be seen. A dreadful stabbing of tiny children in France and the floods in Ukraine. Perhaps you get your own news on the App. depending where you live.
  • Loveburg87
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Well, we are the same as New York JACKIE and the smoke is blocking out the sun making it decidedly chilly for June. Mike just phoned on his way to work and it’s 17C inside his car. I’m wearing a winter sweater. Few dogs out walking yesterday so owners are being sensible. Jilly - like queen Victoria - is not amused.
    Re your Rockies comment. One of my friends once got a message from a relative who said “Bill” is flying into Toronto, will you please meet him”. To which the friend who lived in Vancouver at the time replied, “you are closer than me, meet him yourself”. It’s hard to comprehend the vast distances over here when you live on an island and a two hour trip with two kids feels like going to the moon! Lol.
    Enjoy your garden, wish I could enjoy mine!
    ANNE.
    PS. Not sure but I believe well over 200 wild out of control fires in Ontario and Quebec.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) The birthday dinner was a success and tonight I have another dinner date with Cheryl and her friends. First I have my meeting and an errand.
    Love this picture of Ewok and Obi, they are good friends.
    cypdanhxvsfo.jpg

Anne, I am sorry about your air quality and dip in temperature. Please be careful and be sure to wear a mask outside. The pictures they show are amazing with the orange colors. Very sad for those who might lose their homes and especially for the wild life.

Jackie, love your hair and jealous it is so thick. Enjoy your weather while you can, you never know when it is going to make a drastic change.

I hope everyone has a good day in spite of the weather, just enjoy the day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,080 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello. I had just about finished a post when the phone rang and it was a friend who had lots to discuss and darn, the iPad screen went blank and yep, you guessed it, I lost the post.

Summary—we had cooler weather today, the neighbor had a massive tree trimmed today so there was disruption all day long. The heavy equipment damaged the street and as they were dropping tree parts, my house rattled and shook!

I worked on cards for a while but found leaning over didn’t work well. So, I have been sorting and cleaning again. I found a container of things from my dad’s office that I have never looked through so I did that this afternoon.

Sandy, I love that picture! Glad the dogs are getting along.

Jackie, your hair looks fabulous.

Anne, sorry for the air quality problems. And also sorry about the grocery delivery issues.

Joy, so have you run out of visitors now? I hope you are enjoying your days.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A face!
    cewo1sppmp7d.jpeg
  • Loveburg87
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Morning, maybe good news all round here. For a start my furnace switched on again so I could eat my porridge without shivering.
    RAIN is in the forecast. North of us have already had some blessed rain. Michael’s area for example.
    I had one laugh though. Our news showed a USA newspaper with the headlines “Blame Canada”. As though us Canucks can control lightning bolts!
    But best of all was my grocery order. For a start my usual delivery man won’t be laid off, he is being transferred to the new facility and I’m so pleased for him. Secondly, my order was very small because most of the things I wanted were out of stock and hadn’t been all that good the previous 2 or 3 weeks because as I now realize the warehouse was being closed down. What I did receive was absolutely top notch quality and I can only conclude it came from the new facility although our “zone” isn’t scheduled for changeover ordering yet. Anyway, maybe AI won’t be so bad after all with all his steel boxes scooting around filling orders in 5 minutes. Well that’s until some disaster, lightning bolts, ice storms etc closes the place down.

It’s still grey outside but not so smoky. So…..in a much better frame of mind I’ll scoot off myself for a shower.

So glad Ewok seems to be fathering little Obi.

ANNE.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Laundry is started and therapy at 1:00pm. We went to the theatre for our dinner last night to only find out the whole theatre was dark. How they took reservations when the restaurant was closed is beyond me. We ended up going to another really nice restaurant but of course we didn't have the coupons for dinner so had to pay for our dinner bill. Cheryl will be calling and demanding more for the inconvenience which knowing her she will get play tickets as well as the dinner tickets.

Anne, I am also glad Ewok is loving Obi, I am hoping that makes my dog sitting easy. Glad it worked out with your groceries and you still have your nice delivery man. Also glad the air is clearing up and rain is coming. We are expecting some rain Sunday which is also needed here.

Lin, sorry your back is still hurting. It must have been annoying to have your house shake with those tree trimmers. Our landscapers start at 7:30am which always wakes me up and annoys me. But at least I got an early start to my day. Interesting tea pot.

Good morning to everyone else and I hope you enjoy your wonderful Friday.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all. I am just out of shower and sipping a nice glass of ice water. Debbie and Lori and I going to run some early morning errands.
    Lin….I, too, feel sorry about your back problems. Especially you enjoy the card making so and its not conducive to sitting and creating 🙁. Maybe some physical therapy will help.
    Sandy, how strange about your theater tickets. I will sound much like an old woman, but i will say it anyway….things arent like they used to be! Miss the old days, I do.
    Anne, dont want to picture you siting and shivering over your mush.
    And yes Lin, the family is gone for now. The five living in San Diego will come back in August. Just four of us here and my family living in Georgia will come out in August. So I am hoping for a houseful then.
    They usually make a long weekend Friday thru Monday. Its lots of food to buy and lots of meals to plan and premake, etc, But of course I am not complaining.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Joy
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    The sky is no longer orange grey, just a light grey now and the sun is doing his best to shine on us all. That’s because it rained ALL morning, a veritable downpour of a rain which cleared a lot of the wood particles I guess. Whatever, I’ve just eaten a lovely fat avocado to celebrate and am wondering if it’s safe to take Jilly Bean out into the garden as she isn’t into wearing a mask.
    Life’s good,
    ANNE.
  • linder4866
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello! We did not get any rain today. The clouds parted during the afternoon and things warmed up. The forecast indicates we may get rain for a portion of the day tomorrow and Sunday as well. We will see I guess. I watered some of my plants late this afternoon but if the rain continues to miss us, I will have to do a more thorough job.

Anne, glad to hear the air is improving. 🙌🏻🙌🏻 wonderful news…. Did you and the Bean go outdoors?

Joy, aha, more visitors later on. Definitely something to look forward to! FYI, I do a lot of my card work while standing but I have to bend over for many of the processes. That’s what hurts. I finished the die cut today but did them 2 at a time. Lots of stops and starts.

Sandy, what an odd deal with that restaurant. Bizarre! The world does run oddly these days.

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

6em9a0pke7u2.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    I’ve enjoyed the tiniest amount of rain in the night to water the seeds but not enough to even begin to fill water butts. It feels fresher but we are expecting another heatwave! George and Betty had a shorter walk around the village before I met Sheila at the local post office for coffee and cake. She still needs to walk with the aid of a stick but I could tell she has improved slightly. We left our dogs at home as her little Rosie is struggling to walk and mine were happy to go back to bed but after coffee walked a little way to ease her back and chat to a few dog walkers. It was a lovely couple of hours and I’m now home contemplating, should it be more gardening or some housework? I think the garden will win!

Another weekend. Where is this year going?
    Jackie 🥰

• Loveburg87
    Options
    Where is this year going JACKIE. Up in smoke, lol. Although it looks a heap less hazy today.
    Wonderful news. The four children who survived the plane crash in the Colombian jungle have been found. God bless the 13 year old! Which tells me something hopeful. When the rest of the world has finished blowing us all to kingdom come, the indigenous people will survive to carry on.

I didn’t risk taking Bean out yesterday, but maybe today. Very few dogs have been out walking the last few days. So things are starting to look more optimistic if not for UKs Boris and USAs Donald.

Have a wonderful smoke free Saturday!
    ANNE.
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Great news Anne about the Colombian children and doesn’t it say everything that their grandmother thanked Mother Earth. Indigenous people have held on to knowledge the rest of us lost hundreds of years ago! Sounds like Canada received rain just in time to ease the forest fires so more good news and I might think the disappearance of Boris good news except doubt it’s truly goodbye!
    Jackie 🥰
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options

2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • Loveburg87
    Options
    JACKIE, I read Boris might go back to his first love, journalism. That should make his critics in parliament cringe I think. The pen being mightier than the sword. No, he definitely won’t disappear, far too larger than life to fade into obscurity.
    ANNE.
  • Sandydur
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Sheets are in the washer so I will have clean sheets to come to next Sunday. Hope to get packed before family video call so I can go to pool a couple of hours before going to mass as there is a mass being said for Babe in our old church. Will probably leave from church to go to Rob and Lisa's. I have groceries being delivered there tonight so I can have my own food. I don't plan on leaving their house for any reason other than the party tomorrow and if needed a run to Target so I will just bring comfy clothes. I will miss my desktop computer as I have an old IPad and the screen is much smaller.

Time a moving so I will just wish you all a great weekend and will check in from my new location.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    Options
    Hello, well, no rain yet but the forecast remains the same—-rain and storms expected later today.

Using my paper cutter and die cutting machine today. Some 4th of July cards *may* be finished in time to mail. 😁

Hoping all of our dear Sneakers a very happy day. ❤️

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

2zcugc3g7qqm.jpeg
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Anne, Boris has an estimated £3.5 million new home to pay for, plus 7 children with am 8th on the way and 2 ex’s, so he will need a job! 😁
    Jackie
  • Loveburg87
    edited June 2023
    Options
    JACKIE, he is indeed a busy boy! I read that his old haunt The Telegraph has just come up for sale! There is Speculation that his newly knighted pal Sir Will Lewis, a former editor, might be interested! A possible joint venture? Now that could be interesting with Boris now knowing how parliament works. Interesting times ahead I think. Pure speculation of course, but he has quit rather suddenly. Gosh, ain’t my life boring!
    We’ve been out in the garden because although the sky is still grey, one can see little white clouds.
    ANNE.
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Up early to walk the pooches because I’m now going to a doggy first aid course being run by George’s groomer. Honestly, I would rather not but felt I should support her in a new venture because she has always been so good with George. A long day so I hope there won’t be any trips out through the cat flap!

Anne, Boris has been given sight of a damning report about his parties during lockdown that’s about to go public and how he lied to Parliament, so it’s probably a case of jump before getting pushed!

Happy Sunday everyone. Hugs to Patsy and John wherever they are. ❤️
    Jackie