Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,107 Member
    Options
    Good day. I made a trip downtown this morning to utilize my credit union’s shred and electronic recycling event. Once a year and I didn’t get as much sorted out as I had hoped. Maybe if I work on it a few hours each week, I will be prepare for next year. I was surprised by the lack of traffic on the through town Interstate this morning. Lots of events underway but it must have been a good time to make the trip.

I am doing a bit of sorting and had planned to open a box I received. It contains the parts to assemble a metal patio chair. Anyway, that’s on hold now, I whacked my head on a cabinet while I was moving the box across the garage.

Nothing else interesting here I guess. Nice weather today. If I had my chair put together I would have spent some time outdoors.

See you tomorrow.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

nkqaf6ntnb37.jpeg

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,707 Member
    Options
    The weather has been so good for a few days so I’ve concentrated on continuing to tidy in the garden and also plant vegetable seeds. My walking legs are becoming stronger too after all those months of wet weather when short dog walks round the block seemed sufficient but, after tomorrow, we are forecast the return of rain showers. I am noticing George is slowing down so have to be careful not to overdo the length of our walks. He will be 12 in a couple of months but it seems like only recently I adopted him!

Last night the country experienced an hour of spectacular Northern Lights that I missed because it happened in the early hours and although it should happen again tonight, I’m too tired to stay up. I’m already struggling to stay awake, probably because I gave in and cut the lawns this afternoon!

Must get to bed and hope this post survives!
    Jackie 🥰

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday/ Mother's Day! :) Well, I was supposed to go to Rob's for dinner but Charlie was sick during the night and has a temp 0f 100.5 so we decided to postpone. I have trial appointment Wednesday and really don't want to take the chance of getting sick. I am walking Cheryl's dog for her as Marisa took her downtown Chicago to spend the day. My friend is working at the American Legion because they have machines and have to be open to the public. She will probably not get many people so maybe I will go visit her or just stay home and watch a movie. I am fine with whatever I do.

Have a wonderful day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited May 12
    Options
    Good afternoon. A normal Sunday here. I did laundry this morning and attended online church.

I did a 40 minute dance class. Lots of fun. Doing a Zoom class later this afternoon.

Sandy, I am sorry Charlie was ill overnight. Best to stay clear with an appointment coming up. Enjoy your afternoon and evening.

Jackie, it is difficult to remember that George is getting close to 12 years old. Stay well dear George.

I finished a birthday card this morning. I need to make a trip to my credit union for cash to put in the graduation cards and then I can mail them.

Maybe I will do that tomorrow.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

mqllscta9gt2.jpeg
  • jacAth3
    edited May 13
    Options
    I’m out of sync with my posts so will try to get back to mornings. Easy today because wind and rain have returned with a vengeance and I just got soaked letting Betty into the garden even though I stayed in the doorway. We won’t be walking anywhere just yet! My kitchen outer door lock is sticking so I will have to find a locksmith to take a look. I did take the handle off to spray WD40 inside and that seemed to work for a short while but that’s as far as my maintenance skills go! I don’t use that door much as I prefer to go through my garden room, especially with muddy dogs. Yesterday I washed floors and did some tidying but there is always more to do.
    My nephew, who is the son of my brother John who died in October, has been in touch as we are planning to get together. He and his partner will be taking a ferry from Plymouth to Brittany, where his mother lives, in August so he and his partner will stop off with me to break their journey travelling to France and on their way home again. They live outside London. Hopefully Charmaine will be able to join us for one of those stop offs because she has known Sven since he was a small boy.

Sandy, Sven’s partner Helen is currently in Chicago. She works for British Airways. I hope Charlie is feeling a lot better and that you had a relaxed Sunday.

Wow Lin, brilliant that you are keeping up with the dancing. Was the zoom meeting Zumba or something less energetic? I walked up and down my garden so many time yesterday my steps were more than an earlier dog walk! Love the bunnies on yesterday’s teapot! 😁

Enjoy Monday, whatever is going on. Since the rain is set to last all day I have no excuses not to finish the housework.
    Take care
    Jackie 🥰

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Another beautiful day this morning but rain is expected. I had a good time visiting with my friend and we will celebrate next Sunday when Charlie is better. She is home sick today so she must have some type of bug. They need me to sit Thursday and Saturday so I hope she gets well.

Jackie, sorry you are getting more rain, I hate rain even though I know we need it. At lease we don't have to water when it rains. How nice your nephew is coming to see you, always great to be with family. I will wave to Helen when she flies overhead. lol

Lin, do you always send cash with your cards? I send checks just to be safe. I hope you are getting our nice weather although tomorrow will be colder with rain.

Have a good day and keep staying healthy.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, the rain started overnight and was expected to last all day. In fact, the entire week looks like on and off rains! I waited until there was a break and then ran 5 errands. When I got home I heard from my friend, she wanted to pass on getting together today due to the inclement weather so we will try to schedule something later in the week.

Sandy, I send cash in high school graduation cards as I have been told kids don’t want to deal with checks. For other occasions like birthdays, wedding and baby showers etc. I send gift cards—digital or an actual card. Or I purchase online from a wish list. I shy away from checks.

More rain is expected later and it is much cooler today (that part is fine with me).

Jackie, oh yes, always in need of an expert to fix something. I empathize. One of my stops this morning was at the gas station. We had so much rain, I had to walkabout in quite a bit of water. It wasn’t pleasant. Sorry about your soaking when letting Betty out. ☹️

My weekend dance classes were not live classes but are from an instructor I like quite well. The Live Classes dumped Zumba but these recorded classes have selections. Yesterday I did a class that used old time music and there were many types of dances including the twist and the Charleston. Also merengue, salsa, and mambo. Just a lot of fun. I have tried a couple of her Zumba classes, also good classes! They keep you moving. 😃

Well, time to get together the trash to haul out to the curb.

Plan to go to Whole Foods tomorrow. I received some gift cards to spend there. I am sure I can make short work of them.

Be safe everyone.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

tpaildck4qa6.jpeg

• Sandydur
    edited May 14
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) Much cooler day today with rain last night and expected later. The sun is out for a few hours so I am going to run a couple of errands since I have busy days ahead. Trial tomorrow, meeting and sitting Thursday, Friday a memorial for my cousins son in Indiana, Saturday sitting and Sunday celebrating Mother's Day with Rob, Lisa and kids. I am a little concerned with the ride to the memorial as it is a two hour ride and Friday is the worst traffic day. I will only go for a short time as I don't like to drive at night on roads I am not familiar. It starts at 3 with a service at 6 so I probably won't stay for the service.

Lin, I get the check thing and that is why I sometimes send my grandchildren zelle so they don't have to deal with them. I very rarely send a check since I pay all my bills online. I haven't had any time to check the online classes but have been trying to ride my bike for some exercise. Slow but steady.

I woke up to hearing some alarm going off and then realized it was my power surge for my computer.
    I pushed the button but that did not help and was ready to buy a new one but decided to move my desk which was not easy and pull the plug. After plugging it back in it is working again but we will see for how long. My son found a new one for me to buy but I told him I will wait until it happens again.
    Always something but without a power surge protector I would be afraid of a power surge to fry my computer.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Before breakfast I noticed it wasn’t raining so organised George and Betty for a walk round the block. We hadn’t gone far before the rain arrived but thankfully George decided we take the shorter route so apart from a change of jeans for me when we got home and towel rub for the pooches, we survived!
    A locksmith arrived at the arranged 10 o’clock along with his wife. She told me she joins him if visiting a female customer or elderly people to put them at ease with a 6’2” man in the house, especially if the call out is middle of the night! Hopefully I fit the female category! He had to force the door open with what looked like a large spade between the door and frame because the mechanism was broken. Apparently, 15 years is about as long as they last these days and mine was definitely at least that old. The new lock has a knob to turn on the inside rather than key as it’s easier to use in an emergency. He also replaced a handle on the window in the shower room that had jammed so that’s two jobs off my list of many!
    This afternoon I spent a lot of time putting an email together complaining about Mr Nasty at the allotments and the council Chairman who recently replied to an email in a rude, aggressive manner. It’s been windy and cool so I didn’t feel I was missing nice gardening weather!
    I currently listen to a radio station called Gold that plays 60’s and 70’s music as I can remember the words more than from modern music!

Still not in sync with my posting but getting better! Time to cook an evening meal. Just pasta with fresh Basil and Parmesan.

Take care and stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Thank goodness, I’ve heard from Anne!
    I’ve just found your butterfly card. Beautiful, loved it. I have good days and bad days but I’m out of the hospital. I’m told that’s how it will be from now on. Great! Today is a not so good day. At least Jilly has settled well with condo living and Michael bossing her. She was spoilt he says. I will be eternally grateful to him. It’s very quiet here and the ravine at the back is growing green as summer approaches. Hoping I’ll get into the swing of things again, soon.
    I hadn’t known she was in hospital so something happened after our last email exchange. I will now message her and start with sending our love.

Jackie 🥰
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :)Jackie Please include my good thoughts when you write to Anne❤
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Thank you Jackie, and yes, please do include all of us.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Happy news that you heard from Anne!! Please send my love as well.

Thanks Jackie.

Have no idea where an earlier post went……

Wishing everyone well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

8vwwdfdcn1j9.jpeg

• jacAth3
    Options
    Good morning! I have sent another Jacqui Lawson card to Anne and told her how worried we have been. Also promised I will send one of my long, boring emails to her today and of course, will include everyone’s love.❤️

Guess what; it’s raining and cold. 🥶 Pooches and Brady staying in bed for now so a gentle start to the day!

Lin, your earlier post is probably with my many lost ones!

Back later.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Another beautiful day for my trial appointment. I have ordered some groceries to be delivered later today. Nothing else exciting happening.

Jackie, sorry about the rain and cold, pooches are smart staying warm and cuddly. Thank you for keeping us informed about Anne, we don't want to overwhelm her with two many emails.

Lin, sorry you lost your post.

Barbie, nice to see you still check in with us, hope all is well.

Have a beautiful day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :) The sun is shining here. Annie loves the sun
    8ke6o0ei0h91.jpg
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good evening. Busy day (and evening). Just finished attending a Zoom meeting which went long. Almost 2 hours. I did some errands today, several Zoom classes. I was hoping to get together with a friend but she ended up busy. So maybe tomorrow. I do want to see their new camper.

Barbie, what a great photo of dearest Annie. Love it….

Sandy, I hope your appointment went well and your grocery order was delivered and everything on your list was included.

Jackie, no, not raining and cold again! We had a sunny and warm day today. Very nice! We are getting smoke from the Canadian fires and it is affecting our air quality. But today wasn’t that bad. I am glad most of your household slept in today.

My shoulder was howling at me last night. In fact, it kept me awake for a couple of hours. I hope that doesn’t happen tonight.

Be happy and enjoy life.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

A unique dragon teapot
    l3dx61kdd6j1.jpeg
  • jacAth3
    Options
    After typing yesterday’s post I phoned Sheila to check she was ok because on Saturday morning I drove her to the GP practice for her Covid booster. She had one of her migraines so unable to take herself. On Tuesday I spoke to friends who had received their jabs Saturday afternoon then had to miss a concert on Sunday because they both felt unwell so I wondered if Sheila had a similar reaction. Apart from a sore arm she is feeling fine but told me she had just tried to drive to the local shop but ‘road closed’ signs and detours put her off. I collected her on my way with George and Betty for our walk, then headed for the hills where we nearly froze in a howling gale! The dogs were glad to get back to the car after 20 minutes but we did laugh then drove to the shop so Sheila could buy a few items. There were road signs up but I’m used to ignoring them unless something obvious is going on! It did brighten up in the afternoon and I managed a few chores after emailing Anne with everyone’s love.

I was out early for some groceries and am noticing items with wheat are either very expensive or have disappeared off the shelves, no doubt because Ukraine continues to be attacked. It is bright and dry so I’ve a load of laundry drying outside and after lunch will repot tomato plants in my greenhouse. We have walked on a lower section of moors and both pooches are now snoozing. Even Brady, who greeted us when we came home, has snacked and settled down on my bed.

Barbie, Annie is beautiful and looks wonderfully settled.

Lin, with so much going on in the world, fires in Canada seem to be off our news radar but I will look online to check what’s going on. I’m sorry you are suffering pain in your shoulder. Not easy to sleep I’m sure. You have reminded me to check with Charmaine if her shoulder surgery is going ahead. A surgeon she knows hopes to repair torn tendons after a nasty fall. Wow, a fierce dragon teapot!

Deep breath! Nearly lost my post.

Hi Sandy. I hope your test went well and the good news continues.

A light lunch then into my greenhouse.
    Happy Thursday. Stay safe and well.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, I have taken care of a couple of errands and will finally get together with my friend this afternoon. Yippee!

Jackie, I am glad Sheila is okay. Shot reactions can be so diverse. Even if you’ve had that vaccine before. Good grief, grocery items that contain wheat are in short supply? That is something I wouldn’t notice since I avoid all wheat and other grains with gluten. When there are road construction signs here, they are serious! I heard at least one fire is left from last year as it burned under ground over the winter. I didn’t know that was possible. We still have some smoke today. I get an air quality notice on my phone. Lots of these this week.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Must run along. Cooking quinoa and then must do the dishes, maybe change my clothes etc. before driving the many miles to my friend’s home.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

2klnzlttsbq6.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    I swore I posted today but I don't see it. I will fill you in tomorrow I am too exhausted to write a post tonight.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time