Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Afternoon friends, holidays are some what over, new years eve is my granddaughters birthday then new years day. After that we can all go back to eating better.
    Good luck to all if you for the new year.
    Chris
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Lin - So sorry. It was wonderful that his friends could be with him. I hope you're able to get some rest tonight. Hugs.
    Marcella
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Lin - Sorry to hear your friend has passed on. Time is the healer. <3
    Marcella- Lovely picture and hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Anne- I hope Jilly gets better soon.

ckvvyzsqfszd.jpg

Shirley
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Lin

I am so very sorry. Hugs to you.

Jeri
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    LIN, your loving care and presence at the moment of their deepest loss will mean so much to his wife and mother and the rest of the people present at that awesome moment! I find it very touching and wish I had been with Mike at that time of his passing. You helped fill a huge void and knowing you, you will be there for them after the shock wears off and they face the reality....after the crowds are gone, we all know LIN will be there! How special !
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Sneakers
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Lin, sorry for your loss.
  • gemfrire
    Options
    Momma (Marie) I just got word that Missy Marie's adoption was approved! Yea! I will call you later when I find out when she can join you and Daddy!
  • gemfrire
    Options
    Message from Missy Marie - I will see you Friday afternoon!
  • gemfrire
    Options
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Missy Marie looks a little like a brown Jilly. Is she a chihuahua mix as well? Sweet face and if she's anything like Jilly she will bring you much joy MARIE. Congratulations and welcome Missy to the Sneaker dog members group.

Jilly is slowly on the mend after the vet visit, still a little subdued but eating, a good sign. I was honestly convinced she would die during the night. The vet is treating the sickness as a probable virus with antibiotics but I am pretty sure she grabbed something in the snow and gobbled it up.

SHIRLEY, your beautiful little grandson has a definite look of his equally beautiful grandma. Definitely a picture to enlarge or put on the mantelpiece.

Apart from LIN grieving the passing of her friend, sort of a good news start to the day. Maybe 2017 will be so much better than 2016.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,147 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oh Marie, what a little cutie!! I am so glad you posted a photo Alice. Wahoo. My friends have the cutest little black dog that is named Missy. The pack here is growing!

Good morning friends. Off to Tai Chi/Qigong, a bit of coloring with friends at the library and a quick stop at the grocery store.

The roads are quite busy in the area this week as so many people are taking the week off and school is not in session. Many friends are going to the Star Wars movie. In fact it is difficult to get tickets here. Some friends, a family of four, tried to go and were turned away at the first show and were told tickets were sold out for the entire day! Yipes.

Anne, I am glad Jilly is on the mend. Very frightening when they get ill.

Shirley, love the photo. Isaac continues to grow so quickly. I imagine you see differences each and every time you visit!

Oh more happy news among my friends, a new great grandchild in her family. And the first girl in that particular family with several big brothers.

Take care. Hugs.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sandy is there a way to pulled up that topic we had of our animals, I think Barbie started it I would love to see it back.if possible.
    LOVE MARIE
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,099 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Sandy is there a way to pulled up that topic we had of our animals, I think Barbie started it I would love to see it back.if possible.
    LOVE MARIE

On this page.....http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1248-the-senior-golden-sneakers are all the discussions. I bookmarked the pets and other animals so just look for it in the list. On the bottom there is a place to click on all discussions so you should be able to find it.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,099 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) Dinner was great and my friends drove me home so I didn't have to pay Uber. Of course I ate too much but will move forward. I can't wait for the holidays to be over so I can get back to my boring life. :D

Marie, congratulations on your new furry daughter. Boston terriers are very cute, I am sure you will both love each other. I bet Friday can't come quick enough for you.

Lin, I am glad you got some good news to help with your heartbreak. A baby girl is exciting for a family with all boys.

Anne, glad to hear that Jilly is on the mend. It is none of my business so please forgive me but our vet told us not to give our dogs any raw hides because they are too hard to digest and can cause problems. Our dogs are big dogs and they couldn't chew them well so would swallow big pieces causing stomach issues. Just a thought. On her walks with Babe, Daisy occasionally finds junk to eat and ends up throwing it up. They are just too quick at times.

Shirley, what a great picture, both of you are so good looking. Christmas was extra special with having a grandchild correct?

Have a wonderful day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Jacean2016
    Options
    SANDY, your advice is always welcome. I don't give her raw hide based on advice given when she first came to live with me. However Jilly does have a long slim chewy, that is shaped like a cigar or stick. They are made from hardened potatoes. To add to your advice our vet also said not to give dogs those made from antler bones. They are so hard, they often crack the back chewing teeth she said. Jill had one given her, but it's now in the garbage can.

By the way, what I like about our group IS the advice given. So useful and I've learnt an awful lot in the 3 years or so
    I've been here. Thanks guys. Not just advice either, tips on books, music etc and crafts like LINS beautiful cards. I've learnt about bee keeping, weather patterns in various parts of the USA, Canada, the UK, and viewed PATSYs talented paintings. Seen photos of beautiful children and learnt about gorgeous pets I wouldn't have known existed.

I wonder what 2017 will bring. Newborn grandbabies for sure.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    How sweet. Doesn't that white "design" on her forehead almost look like a heart? Lots of luck and love to you and your Mom and the newest family member!
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Snowing. 'Nuff said. Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good morning. Cold and windy here this morning. I have a number of little things to take care of this morning and will be meeting the ladies at the library for cards and conversation. Later I am meeting a friend to see a movie. That is a change of pace for me. I think my friend has seen one or two movies every day since she had a combo of paid holidays and some vacation days. She really loves movies.

I spoke with my late friend's wife and his mother yesterday. Lots of texts with his niece. I made specific offers of help to each of them but all is covered at this point. At least I didn't say whatever you need and leave it at that. Sometimes we don't know what we need.

It had been so mild here of late that I put my winter cap away somewhere in the bustle of the last days. I am going on the hunt now. I will need it today!

So excited for you Marie. I hope you and your new family member will be very happy.

Buzz, were you able to get your ink cartridge(s) ordered? I get many things from Amazon and have a Prime membership. Two day delivery is becoming a joke. I would say fully half of my orders have suddenly gone from 2 day to 5 to 7 day while on their way to me. One order disappeared altogether. Apparently they are too successful these days. Ha.

Best wishes friends. Hugs.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Jacean2016 wrote: »
    Snowing. 'Nuff said. Anne.

Indeed. Stay safe.