Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,099 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! :) Hopefully, I get Bryanna's car soon so I can go get a manicure for Christmas.
    I also need to grocery shop since I have no food. You don't realize how much you depend on your car until you don't have one.
    I did lose 3.2 pounds this week but I think it is stress and maybe having no junk food in the house. lol

Anne, I hope your cold is gone and you can enjoy your Christmas with your boys and Jilly.

Jackie, what a happy ending to Badger's story, you had me worried.

Lin, if you are already not feeling well, I agree with Anne and you should just keep away from crowds. What will you be doing for Christmas?

Shirley, love, love, love your Christmas mantle. You got two awesome's on your post.

To our Jewish friends, including Buzz, Barbie and Jake:

831205vdoh1jcrak.gif

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments on our mantle. It took me a couple of days to decorate the house due to my knee, I usually can get it done in a day. I finally received my MRI apt. for February 14th at 3am, such a crazy time but I guess I am not the only one. I heard of those times being given out but didn't think it would be me. LOL Now to wait for the orthopedic apt.

I went to my yoga studio this morning to talk to Joyce, the owner, but she wasn't there. I guess Barb has taken over Friday instructions so I left Joyce a message on her phone. I just wanted to chat with her
    and let her now what's up with my knee and my future instruction. I really miss yoga, I do have a DVD here at home so after the holiday's I will get into again at my pace and continue with weights.

After yoga I went to the coffee shop and picked up a breakfast sandwich for me and a donut for my
    MIL and visited her for a while. Since I have not been going to yoga my visits have been few to her.

Sandy - I don't know what I would do without a car. We still have two cars since we retired and Dave and I are always going into different directions.

Lin - Please stay home if you are not feeling well, tis the season for spreading joy and germs LOL.

Buzz- Happy holidays to you too!

Jackie - Your story about the cat was interesting and thank goodness he was found and not freezing
    outside.

Marie - Hi hope all is well with you!

Shirley

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,146 Member
    Options
    I am not ill, just the usual sinus issues and an ear will plug up from time to time but just a bit wary of the floating bugs. I did some laundry today and have spent the remainder of the day attempting to make New Year's cards. Made a couple of other little crafts lately. So of course I am going to bore you with photos. I hope over time I gain more card-making skills.

lvwdbncerkwi.jpg
    u3wqjex148qd.jpg
    dqs324vzjk0t.jpg
    bchiu2jet6d7.jpg
    z4wprah7dm81.jpg
    3fz5yhmti3rb.jpg
  • linder4866
    Options
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! :)
    Marcella
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    DRAT! My entire post just disappeared and Ctrl Z does nothing! GRRRrrrrr!
    Despite sitting at my computer before 7:30 this morning to tardily make Christmas cards for the entire staff whom I so appreciate for all they did for me this past year when I badly needed them all, when I finally got downstairs to deliver them all, I discovered everyone had been given the the afternoon off, so I could have leisurely printed them over the weekend! I also ran out of my color ink cartridge, and I hope no one notices the weird reds-turning- fuschia as the cards printed! I also have finally figured out that unless my legs get wrapped almost daily, they will be badly swollen probably for the rest of my life due to lymphedema. My compression stockings are now too tight near the knees and cause deep denting! This stage of life is definitely NOT for sissies!
    LIN, your cards are lovely; lots of talent and perseverance !
    SANDY, I have really adapted to not owning a car any longer. Most of my shopping is online, and at Amazon, which sometimes delivers the same day! My yogurt and blueberries and the few other fresh things are picked up for me perhaps once a week or less by friends who drive. Since I often help them with their computer problems, I don't feel I'm taking advantage, nor do they. But I do hope you'll have a car quickly!
    SHIRLEY, I like your mantle, too. I cannot picture you unable to exercise, and I hope the MRI will help solve that problem!
    MARCELLA, and all our other dear friends, have a splendid weekend and celebrate in ways that make you happy!
    ass0nq0lsczt.jpg
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    1744386rd5f1eb3b5.gif

Wishing everyone a very happy Christmas and Buzz, there's nothing wrong with a touch of fuschia!! :) Beautiful and creative cards Lin.... I'm still doing my best to get those candles made! Today's plans went out the window when I woke to find George's upset tummy had got a whole lot worse and he's now passing blood, lots of it, so off to the vet first thing. The poor little boy is feeling very sorry for himself but I've been assured he's not been poisoned but rather picked up a nasty bug so has had an injection and we have tablets for him to take over the next 2 days but no food! My carpet is a mess without going into details so my next task after my coffee is to get a bucket of hot soapy water and do my best to clean up, then unpack my new carpet cleaner and test it.... didn't think I'd be using it on Christmas eve but there you go, at least it's here ready to use!

Tomorrow is a busy schedule so I won't probably have a chance to check in so send everyone hugs and very best wishes for an enjoyable weekend whatever you all get up to.

Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JACKIE, I went to bed last night thinking about poor little George, and am indeed horrified that he's picked up a nasty bug, poor little chap.

BUT you won't believe this, I awoke at 2:00 am to the sounds of Jilly throwing up in her dog bed. Even worse it had a touch of blood in it, but it seemed mainly to be white pieces of a dog chew bone Michael had given her earlier. Anyway the blood frightened me and I was set to see the vet when she opens. After that I was awake for the rest of the night because Jilly had diarrhea. Also I was reading on the internet about the bug George appears to have picked up. It's now 7:00 am and You can imagine my washer is running top speed as well.

However, I'm not going to the vet because I'm sure it's what she ate, a sharp piece of the bone probably, and she is now galloping around full speed, eating her breakfast and whining at the waste bin which holds the thrown out bone!

Poor little George though, he must feel rotten.

I have a lot to prepare today, stuffing, the trifle for tomorrow, etc, so here's me wishing you all a very happy, painfree, peaceful weekend.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh no. Both George and Jilly feeling poorly. I am so sorry to hear this. I do remember cleaning up after my dogs. I hope both dear ones are back to normal soon. A dear pat on the head and a hug (if they are feeling well enough) from Auntie Lin.

Buzz, I am sorry you were not able to deliver your cards yesterday. I am sure they will be appreciated when they are received though. Is it possible to have your legs wrapped daily? I have a friend who needs to have her legs wrapped and she cannot seem to get that service/treatment on a consistent basis. Another lady I know, who doesn't speak much of her problems, has said she has to use some type of machine(?) and then wears a sleeve on one arm due to her lymphedema. Her arm is weak and she's not able to due much that requires fine motor skills. I hope you are able to get the treatments you need. And time to order ink!! My printer is telling me I have a low cartridge but I do have a replacement.

I probably should have said the little cards with the antique oriental tiles are for my Mah Jongg friends and the little tile pictures are supposedly very old Mah Jongg tiles. I will see them next Tuesday.

Wishing all a pleasant long weekend. My plan is to color some inspirational quotes to tuck into the cards I send, a bit more laundry, some cooking for myself, books, DVDs and special Christmas programming on TV.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Happy Christmas Eve or Saturday!! :) Babe is coming with Daisy so I can give Daisy her gift. Then I have to get the meatball appetizer together and be ready to go early this afternoon. Will drop off the appetizer and champagne at Lisa's mom's house before heading to Church. After Church I will pick up Bryanna from work and head back to Lisa's mom's house to celebrate Christmas. Tomorrow morning I will be going to Rob and Lisa's house for breakfast and to watch Robby open his gifts from his grandparents. I will spend the rest of Christmas relaxing and watching movies at home. I have rented a little Chevie Spark which is the tiniest car I have ever seen. Since there is no snow in the forecast I think I will be fine. I will show it to Babe and see if he agrees with me or if I should change it for a bigger car.
    y4k3koap6vbj.jpg

1838672dzyygg3v8u.gif EVE!

Have a wonderful day my dear friends, I love all of you!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Another lost post! Synopsis: Sympathies to JACKIE, ANNE, GEORGE and JILLY! Hope all's better and cleaner! ANd I grabbed one of those hugs! LIN, the ideas for your cards are so clever, and so are you for playing Mah Jongg. SANDY, I love little red cars, my favorite being my first red MG! You must look so sporty in that rental you might end up wanting one for fun! Enjoy being with your family and everyone have a great weekend!
    cqjs0166fbdz.jpg
    <3 Buzz

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sandy - the car is adorable. Have fun with Robby, I will see Isaac on Monday, boxing day.
    Lin- Love the cards, very talented and your friends will enjoy them.

1779146rt7yyfuka2.gif

Merry Christmas to all Sneaker friends!!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    delraybuzz wrote: »
    DRAT! My entire post just disappeared and Ctrl Z does nothing! GRRRrrrrr!
    Despite sitting at my computer before 7:30 this morning to tardily make Christmas cards for the entire staff whom I so appreciate for all they did for me this past year when I badly needed them all, when I finally got downstairs to deliver them all, I discovered everyone had been given the the afternoon off, so I could have leisurely printed them over the weekend! I also ran out of my color ink cartridge, and I hope no one notices the weird reds-turning- fuschia as the cards printed! I also have finally figured out that unless my legs get wrapped almost daily, they will be badly swollen probably for the rest of my life due to lymphedema. My compression stockings are now too tight near the knees and cause deep denting! This stage of life is definitely NOT for sissies!
    LIN, your cards are lovely; lots of talent and perseverance !
    SANDY, I have really adapted to not owning a car any longer. Most of my shopping is online, and at Amazon, which sometimes delivers the same day! My yogurt and blueberries and the few other fresh things are picked up for me perhaps once a week or less by friends who drive. Since I often help them with their computer problems, I don't feel I'm taking advantage, nor do they. But I do hope you'll have a car quickly!
    SHIRLEY, I like your mantle, too. I cannot picture you unable to exercise, and I hope the MRI will help solve that problem!
    MARCELLA, and all our other dear friends, have a splendid weekend and celebrate in ways that make you happy!
    ass0nq0lsczt.jpg
    <3 Buzz

I know you have heard this way too many times But for swollen feet and legs lay off of sallt and keep those legs prof up Drinks lots of Water. -Marie

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays to everyone.

Off to Mel and Sean's tomorrow. What a fun day we'll have.

Hugs to all

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Merry merry day everyone! About to stuff the poor old turkey so must away, but enjoy the happiest day of the year!
    ❤Anne and Jilly Bean.
  • Sandydur
    Options
  • Sandydur
    Options
    r6khjp2tf5g9.jpg

Happy Christmas Birthday Jerry!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options

Merry Christmas!!

lx7c1wxcg9bx.jpg
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    So nice to see PHOEBE's name here again! SANDY, who is JERRY? Happy birthday Jerry! Hi, MARIE, of course I know that! I just have trouble sticking to it! I did use the compression boots today, and managed to get the stockings on, but they hurt above the calf so I'll remove them! Learned that the very depressed lady I recommended move here was a victim of her son, who her late husband added to their bank account just before he died (to take care of Mom!) but the son stole the money and put his phone on voice mail answer so she cannot reach him! She is more than depressed now but will not consider suing or reporting him, though she says she is running out of money! I feel awful! She never bought in here, so she is not guaranteed lifetime care. Cruel circumstances! Otherwise, a calm holiday.
    I'm having problems with my iPad ID and password and even though they are correct, it won't let me log in.
    When I tried to verify my ID, they tell me my email is already taken! Right...by me! Maybe my son can straighten me out when he gets here!
    Perhaps I'll see the movie "Sully" tonight. Not really in the mood though.
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    It was a very lovely day. My girls here with their husbands for a snaking Christmas lunch. we had tamales, rice refried beans. and date nut cake from my my son and his wife. So in a way he was here too.Plus a phone call from him.So a very lovely day.
    Maie