Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Sandy, thanks for the update. You sound in control of the situation.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Lin, speaking of losing things, I just lost half of my post again. Darn.

Wanted to say we had fun at the movie and tomorrow we are going to the Calgary Girls Choir concert. It'll be too long, but it will be good.

Still working on buying Xmas gifts, doing Xmas cards and some baking. Need to get my act in gear.

Nite,

Jeri

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will call it quits as I finally got to bed at 6:30 this morning! I don't know why I just stay up, but I always seem to find a reason. However, after dinner, as we gathered in the lobby for our Saturday night chat, I noticed a friend, who refuses to recognize her Parkinson's condition needs different living style, stumbling through the empty area of the lobby toward her building, and once I caught up with her, I was shocked at her lack of color and eye focus. So I called a nurse and walked her up to her apartment where she almost collapsed! The nurse met us on the way, and ascertained she was overmedicated, so I stayed with her until I felt she was safely bedded down with an aide ordered for the entire night in case she had to get up. She has fallen too frequently recently and is beginning to accept my suggestion she move to assisted living quarters so she won't end up with broken bones again!
    SANDY, I'm in the process of moving from receiving all my email programs in one place, WindowsLiveMail, part of Windows Essentials, which will soon be dropped out of Microsoft Support. I cannot decide which to go to, since I had gotten so used to WLM! But I finally got used to that after my Outlook Express was deleted and now I will relearn how to receive emails anew! My comcast and gmail all get swept into Windows LiveMail where it's simple to perform many functions, including 1 stroke sending mail to a hidden Special Folder for saving things! 1 stroke printing, I loved it, but it has become very Unstable. If you
    have experience with Outlook (the free version) or Windows 10 MAIL, I can transfer most things directly, but I don't want a big burdensome program! Today my printer stopped being online and I couldn't seem to find anything wrong. Luckily, Troubleshooting discovered one of the drivers needed updating and all seems OK again! So I'm off to bed at a reasonable hour for once, and I'll bid you all a happy goodnight! I ordered an extra wireless keyboard and mouse so I can use the lounge chair for printing or typing while keeping my legs raised!
    YAWN <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Anne, I hope you can shake off that cold before the festivities begin. Here's a puppy sending you a hug to make you feel better!
    1238510yz7n13oio6.gif

A glorious walk this morning in drifting mist, crunchy frost, blue skies and sunshine.... a perfect start to the day! A trip into town means the car is now topped up with fuel and upon my return I refilled the windscreen wash so for the rest of the day I'll do a few small chores but generally relax.

Marcella ~ I was shocked when that little Shark first dragged up so much cat fur and what looked like grit but like you, I so enjoy using it the carpets are now getting a daily clean whether they look as if they need it or not!

Buzz ~ Your knowledge of all things IT never ceases to amaze me because the slightest hiccup has me flummoxed especially when Windows 10 does its best to take over. In the week I lost my flash reader and am convinced Microsoft is interfering! With all that you sort and fix on your system I can see why you never sleep! As you know my email address is with Outlook but I'm not overly impressed and Gmail that I also occasionally use took me an age to get my head around so I was convinced a 12 year old designed it.... probably true!!

Jeri ~ I'm starting to panic for you with so much to do in the coming week! Everything will get finished I'm sure but what a rush!

Sandy ~ I've always had pets since I set up home away from parents and have done my best to keep up with the shedding fur or so I thought!! Feeling a cat sleeping on my feet at night or having George greet me like a long lost friend any time I pop out without him enhances my life no end except when I discover the live mouse Brady brought in and lost behind the refrigerator has climbed into a cupboard to chew a pack of cous-cous! An humane trap has been set for days now but no sign so I think it's climbed even further following electric cables into the roof space and hopefully out!! My received Christmas cards hang from the beams and a couple of decorations hang out of Brady's reach but apart from a couple of candles, that's it because it's little monster's first Christmas and I don't want to fall out with him!!

Lin ~ If the weather is really awful don't venture out.... I'm sure your church will understand. Better to curl up with homemade soup and a good book or video!

Oops, seemed to post without signing off so will finish, get myself some lunch and then yes.... out with the Shark!! I hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.

Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the puppy hug JACKIE! This cold doesn't appear as bad as the last doozy which floored the whole family. Could it be because it's an English cold, lol? Darren who's clearing my drive brought it back from his working trip to the UK and passed it on to me, so here I am full of the old country! Doesn't make me any happier however, I hadn't had a cold for years and years, so now I've got my second this season I can't say I'm overjoyed, English or not.
    Anyway, enough of wimpy me. Forecast today, ice pellets this morning at -3C and then a plunge downwards this afternoon to -10, same for tomorrow, and then, wait for it! We climb to above freezing up to Christmas and beyond. Maybe I'll get my green Christmas after all! At the moment, the entire huge country is under snow.
    I've no decorations up either, no tree, just a grapevine delapidated wreath decorated with copper cutouts, bells and ribbon. It fell off the wall with a tinkling and a crashing and a joyous, barking Jilly grabbed it. I wrested it off her, and it's now back on the wall looking even more delapidated which proves Jackie, my cousin in Australia, and yours truly have done the right thing bypassing a tree this year!
    Happy Sunday everyone, snuffle, sniffle, Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    A photo from our morning walk.
    kg33j75wjgq2.jpg

Anne ~ Ice pellets, snuffly cold, temperatures plunging and climbing.... I'd wrap myself in a blanket and wait for your green Christmas if I was you!

Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Full agreement!
    Is that you m'dear under the gorgeous tuque? Give the equally gorgeous George a tickle behind those lovely furry ears from me, and we mustn't miss a tickle for Scruff!.
    I'm doing Mondays wash today, to heck with the great outdoors!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,110 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Awesome pictures today!! Still in our frigid cold like Anne, with minus 4 temps. Heat wave coming by Tuesday when it will be 25. I went to Church and ran a few errands last night but unfortunately the replacement light bulbs for my window candles were the wrong size. Second time I have done that and I even had the bulb with me. :# I am missing Robby and although I will see him Thursday and Christmas Eve I am thinking of taking a ride there today or maybe doing something with them tomorrow. It is just so cold, it is hard to motivate myself.

Jackie great photo but if I am correct that is not you but your friend who has lost so much weight. Please set me straight!! I have always had a pet when married but not so much as a child. I would love to have a kitty but my landlady wants no pets.

Anne, take care of yourself and keep warm. Now who is Darren? Is he the man across the street? And if so how did he get so close to give you that cold. (Inquiring minds want to know)
    Just messing with you but I do get confused on who are your sons and grandsons.

Buzz, I have windows 10 and still have Outlook 10 so not sure why yours was deleted. Comcast is my server but I use outlook to get my gmail. I really didn't wan to mess with Microsoft's mail. The more simple the better for me.

Jeri, with all those grandchildren I imagine you are busy with them all the time. How do you find time to bake? I think I am in control of my situation but keep praying on it!!

Marie, you are well loved.

Lin, oh how I hate when I lose a post!! Hope you made it to Church with no problems and stayed warm.

Have a wonderful Sunday, one more week until Christmas!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Explanation SANDY. Darren is my neighbour. He stood on my doorstep while we agreed on a fair price for snow clearing because I wouldn't let him do a huge drive with a shovel for nothing. He came back from a job in England with a cold and I got it just talking on the doorstep!

Mark is my youngest son at 52 and he's married to Mary Jo. Their 24 year old son and my grandson is Derek. He's courting Bev who lives in Ottawa and is a teacher. Derek is into graphic business art and I think, very talented.

Michael at 55 is now single with one son, my grandson, 26 year old Devin. Devin alas, lives quite a way away, so we don't see him too often.

And just for laughs, Jilly Bean is one very naughty and energetic 10 month old pup who keeps us all on our toes. Jilly is in for a shock because Mike thinks she needs more discipline and is in for training if he has his way. A bit like me, her owner Anne. However it never worked for me!

We are a very small family over here in Canada, but tightly knit I would say.
    And here endeth the first lesson for those of you who made it this far.
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    George duly tickled Anne!
    It's me under that very warm beany although I've lost a bit of weight too! My friend Jill has now lost 84 lbs since November last year so same clothes size as me now although heading downwards still because she's a few inches shorter. Another photo from this morning she's just sent on to me
    los3w950cu50.jpg

Sandy ~ I've a cupboard full of wrongly sized light bulbs and it's always one I haven't got that blows!

Off to cook dinner.
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    You look Marvelous Darling Jackie!!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Jackie - Wow! That picture is just awesome. I want to be there!
    Marcella
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,158 Member
    Options
    Jackie!!!! Gorgeous--!!!!
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Yep, JACKIE's surroundings are astonishing! Love both pictures! I'm fa for a Maklling asleep but will try to explain my email situation for SANDY. When Microsoft did away with Outlook Express, I switched to receiving my Comcast and Gmail through Windows Live Mail, which I used to love!
    Until it started dropping me after 4 minutes of reading !!! So now I'm looking for its replacement and find the new MAIL beast acts nicely with carryih...either I'm rambling or there are cursor problems, But I'm getting nowhere explaining so Goodnight. Oh, we had our annual chorus Christmas concert tonight, and it was disgaraceful! The pianist was totally unprepared (on our beautiful Steinway!), the Chaplain was ill, the chorus hated the selections, and they sure were not traditional .
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    Options
    As I drove up on to the moors this morning with the radio on a presenter commented on our weather and used the word "DULL" which seemed extremely appropriate! It doesn't quite know what to do with itself, one minute cloudy and threatening the next a hint of sunshine. As we strolled I told my friend that I had posted a couple of photos on Sneakers of our walk yesterday and that Sandy thought she might have been me in the beany hat because I've kept you up-to-date with her weight loss progress. She has put a couple of photos together of herself before her change to healthy eating and how she is now and I've asked her permission to post on here so you can see what an amazing journey she's been on this past year. I'm so proud of her but more importantly, she's proud of herself!
    olj1za6dzyy4.jpg

Today I'll begin to wrap a few presents and again try to clean up a bowl of beeswax so that I can make the candles I promised myself. Right now my washing machine has finished a cycle so I'll see if I can hang the washing out for a couple of hours to at least get some air through.... can't see it drying in that "DULLNESS"!!
    MFP doing strange things so I'm off!!
    Have a good Monday.
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JACKIE, just a quick note, but will you tell your friend from me that I think she is truly amazing and she looks absolutely wonderful. It can't have been an easy journey so she is right to be very proud of herself. An inspiration indeed to anyone about to embark on the same journey.
    Good luck with the outside wash drying. If I tried that here with my bed sheets I reckon I'd never get them back through the back door it being -12 c at the moment and which is much warmer than yesterday.
    Anne.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Jackie - Your friend looks so much younger and healthier in her after picture! Thank you for sharing her journey with us.
    Marcella
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,158 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good day, the temperatures are moderating. Yippee! Church was cancelled yesterday---I was so happy as I did not want to drive my old car out in the super cold unless I truly had to! So I have been alternating among, reading books, coloring, sort of watching DVDs and checking Facebook with a bit of cleaning, looking over the puzzles I have to decide what might be next, talking on the phone with friends, and anguishing over all the people with needs that I cannot help very much. Just got a call from “Feed the Children” literally begging for funds. Once upon a time I was a monthly giver and I was surprised they called as that was years ago.

Sandy, the new printer is one to use once in a while, not as my main printer. When I installed it via the Ethernet cable I specified to NOT set it as the default printer as most of the time it will be shut off and disconnected. So of course, I went back to my inkjet printer and it was no longer not only NOT the default printer (the new one was) but it was shown as offline---continually. So I deleted the printer, re-installed it and set it a default and now I can once again print. This stuff takes much too much time. I print from my devices which are usually on the 1st floor of my house and the printer is upstairs in a spare room. Guess that helps with lots of flights of stairs. Haaaa. I have the proper USB cable now and could hook it to my laptop but I am afraid to do it! I think it will mess up everything that’s been installed and I may not be good enough to fix it but it would be more convenient to hook it to the laptop!

Jeri, how was the concert? Hope the gift purchasing, cards and baking are going well.

Buzz, a friend of mine lost her ability to get email when Window 10 updated. She finally had to call a tech friend to come over and fix it for her. I don’t know what changed or how the friend fixed it (she really is a tech professional) but apparently Windows 10 is raising havoc with email. I just use a web mail service to get to my email so that is pretty much a-okay as my browsers are working! Sorry the concert was not a good one. Most of your entertainment is just superb so maybe once in a while things will go wrong.

Jackie, your post reminded me that as it warms up I should check the windshield wiper fluid. I haven’t done that! I did get fuel though. I am sorry you have a mouse in the house. It reminded me of a church incident recently. In the midst of offering and communion a tiny mouse kept running from place to place in the front of the church. It was on my side of the church for serving communion. I wanted to catch the mouse, some ladies thought it was cute, others were frightened to death and most of the guys just wished the whole issue would go away. Eventually the mouse found his little escape hatch and escaped to the basement. And I love your wonderful hat, colorful gloves and nice boots. You dress well for your walks. Gorgeous you and cute little George. And I add my voice, your friend has really transformed herself. Good for her! Good luck with the candles.

Anne, thank you for the explanations. Now if my brain worked properly I would remember it all! I hope you are feeling better today. It is warmed here. The temperatures here are now in the teens! Wahoo!

Marcella, HELLO!

Time to move along. Haven’t decided if I should run my couple of errands or just save gas and do them tomorrow as I go to play Mah Jongg. They could wait.

Hugs to my friends.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Or laundry day if you prefer!! Got mine going, cleaning girl coming later and because I didn't sleep well, maybe a nap. Tomorrow I am meeting friends at Capitol Grille for our Christmas lunch, Wednesday I go back to the eye doctor since my vision was a little worse in one eye. My macular is the same but my right eye seems blurry and he said he couldn't test my vision because my eyes were dilated so he won't charge me for coming back. I wear reading glasses and only wear the distant for night driving. It is hard to believe it is Christmas week, the time goes faster and faster, kind of scary.

Anne, think how cold your sheets would be for sleeping if you hung them outside! :p How is Jilly coping with the cold on her paws? Did you get her little boots?

Jackie, oh my goodness, your friend looks amazing!! She has done a terrific job and I agree with Marcella, she looks so much more healthy and younger. Please tell her thank you for letting you share and we all are so proud of her accomplishment!!

Buzz, I understand what you are saying but I wonder why I was able to keep my Outlook 2010 when I updated to Windows 10. Maybe I paid for it when I bought my computer since they no longer offer the free version, which is probably what you mean. Make sense?

Lin, technology is wonderful but a pain the neck!! It is still very cold here as well so I am putting off my errands until tomorrow when it should be in the 20's.

Hello to all I missed and hoping Patsy is doing okay in Oregon where the snow is finally melting.

Hi Phoebe and Marie!!

Have a great day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean2016
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No SANDY I didn't get Jilly little boots! She even wriggles her legs out of her pink winter coat. AND she hates squatting in the snow for a pee. Can't say I blame her!
    We are now 19.4 Fahrenheit LIN. Balmy.
    Anne.