Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    12 Fahrenheit at the moment. Minus -11 C. Maybe I should go ice fishing in Harry next doors pond for dinner. Icy outside for walking to the grocery store!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,158 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Just stopped by for a moment, Qigong/Tai Chi, meeting friends at the library for chatter and coloring, a couple of errands and home for an agriculture related webinar.

I am chortling at that video. Love it. <3 Will need to watch that again!!!

Hugs and best wishes.

Lin
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Buzz - I’m kind of big on talent and soul over talent and technique too. We have a number of musicians come through our studio and it truly makes a difference. My son recently had a grammy nominated pianist come back to the studio three different times for a piece to finally get the “feel” that he was looking for on the song. Also, sounds like a lovely time with your cousin. I want to make 2017 all about reconnecting with more of my cousins and family members.

Sandy - Cluck, cluck, cluck! Translation: The video was great!

Anne - I told someone yesterday that it was cold here now. But after seeing your post about 12F, my morning temperature of 43F right now probably seems pretty toasty. Glad I’m here!

Lin - Sounds like a busy but enjoyable day in store for you.

Well, I'm looking forward to a busy, at home, day.
    Cluck, cluck,
    Marcella
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    It IS cold here. Jilly wanted out. We tried to make it to the mailboxes on the next block. We didn't. Too icy, too windy, too cold. It's "warmed" up to 16 Fahrenheit. -9 centigrade but with the wind feels like - 19C. I can't feel the warm up difference!!! Gave up on the mailbox because I'm no good to Jilly if I break a leg on the ice!
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,110 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) Like Anne it is freezing here and only getting colder the next few days with snow on the weekend. Winter is here even if the calendar says different!! Had my hair colored and cut and feel like a new person. I picked Bryanna up last night and we went to Target where she bought a 1000 piece puzzle and got the whole outside done while visiting with me. I am going to make some meatballs for our little Christmas party at my meeting tomorrow, easy peasy. I don't plan on venturing outside for anything as of yet, I would rather stay inside and stay warm. Hope all of you in cold temps will do the same.

Have a great day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Decorated our tree. At last. Having a cup of tea then heading upstairs to clean up as we have overnight company coming tomorrow night. I guess I better get working or Christmas is going to come without me, talk to you all later.

Jeri
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Jeri - We are going to decorate the tree this afternoon then all is done. We too are having overnight guests for the weekend. Then they are going to the Buffalo Bills game on Sunday, but my friend Aline will be staying behind and hanging around with me .

Sandy - It feels great when your hair is cut and colored, although I gave up the coloring after retiring.
    Funny story, Isaac dialed grandpa's (Dave) phone and was talking (babbling) to him. His Dad says,
    "hey buddy what are you doing?" He had Dave on speaker phone and was having a conversation. LOL
    Have fun at your party. Will check out the video when I up the volume on my tablet.

Anne - Cold here too and snowing today and very cold 22F and going to down to 5 F tonight.

Marcella - How exciting having a celebrity at your house even though a piano player but still famous.
    Sounds like your Christmas plans are shaping up.

Buzz- What a nice surprise for you having unexpected family at the door. :)

Just got back from the chiropractor and she is suspecting a torn meniscus now. We won't know
    until further testing. I see the doctor tomorrow and we shall see what the next step is. So...
    sitting here with 2 bags of peas on the knee. I am walking faster but going up and down the stairs
    slower. I started doing upper body exercises yesterday to at least get started on some exercises.
    Of course my fitbit walking has slowed quite a bit. More to come....Dave is helping me with some
    laundry today so I can rest a bit.

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Suddenly piles of paperwork and internet needs fixing, so I have no time except to say "hi"
    <3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    wahratv02s1i.jpg
    A goofy Merry Christmas to Everyone

Jeri
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Jeri - Love your picture!

I thought I was a little behind schedule with getting my tree decorated. But after reading everyone's updates, looks like I'm right on time. Today, I finally decorated our tree. Took most of the day. The husband came home and was thrilled to find it all done!
    ogpugu0xugnu.jpg
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,110 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Burnt my finger while making meatballs for our Christmas party at my meeting so makes it difficult to type. Will come back later this afternoon, stay warm.
    It is zero degrees here with a windchill of minus 14. Can't wait for summer!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Mm, we are at 14 Fahrenheit (-10C) right now. Jill and I slipped our way to the mailboxes on the next street. Not too bad with a light dusting of snow on the ice keeping us upright. More difficult coming back home, with Jill on the leash and clutching bills, cards and one small parcel after 3 days of not collecting.
    Keep warm all you gals in the north
    Keep cool all you gals in the south,
    And Jackie and Patsy hope you are keeping dry!
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Dodging the showers Anne with more luck than judgment but our temperature is around 11c day and night unlike yours! Had a great time at the pub last night with my friends and enjoyed a carvery followed by lemon tart and vanilla ice cream so doing my best to be good today in the food department! We finished the evening with a quiz that had a lot of questions about music and events in the 1990's so all had to get our thinking caps on!
    Today I've done an early shop at the supermarket followed by walking on the moors although that was cut short when thick low cloud came in on us but we just made it back to our cars before it poured. George and I have visited a 90 year old friend and it's now dark so fire about to be lit, a meal cooked and possibly a few decorations hung well out of the way of Brady's claws!
    Sandy, aloa vera is cooling as well as healing on burns if you have a gel because I appreciate you won't be going out!
    Marcella ~ A beautiful tree decoration and I love the fairy on top. Is she an heirloom?
    Jeri ~ A stunning tree and couple!

Must get on with lighting that fire and at least thinking about what I'm going to eat. Everyone enjoy the rest of your day.

Jackie
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    All my sympathy to my dear freezing friends! But Christmas wouldn't be the same without that snap, would it? All your trees and decorations are delightful, and cheerful, and thank you for sharing.
    JACKIE, so glad it finally came through! My email is being discontinued by Microsoft and is giving me pure agita as everything gets stuck in my Outbox! Yech! Have a lovely evening...
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Snowing hard here. My poor son is stuck out there somewhere. He left Quebec 10 hours ago. I believe he's close to home but traffic at a standstill. The snow stops early morning to allow us to dig out, and then starts again Friday evening and all through Saturday if the forecast is correct. I'm personally longing for a green Christmas.
    It's funny BUZZ but I've been having problems with my email as well.
    Anne
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    What a freezing day today. I had my doctor apt. and it looks like I will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon
    as soon as they get me an apt. which will be who knows when. If I need any MRI I will be going to the states because it would another few months for that if I have I have it done in Canada. More to come...
    I will continue with my chiropractor until then. After my apt. I picked up some groceries for our company
    for the weekend.

Jeri- Beautiful picture of you and Ed.

Marcella - Cute tree very festive.

Anne- Please stay warm, today was absolutely bitter. They, the weathermen, are calling for another
    storm tonight. Winter is definitely here!!

Buzz- I hope you get your email straightened out soon.

Jackie - I like those music games, we had one at our sailing club and it was so much fun.

Sandy - I hope your burn heals quickly.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello, still kind of cold here but no additional snow yet. Did my regular things today and made a nice pot of vegetable soup when I got home. Had a white sweet potato to use up so made air fries.

Late this afternoon a package arrived for me. I found a small light weight laser printer and spent the next several hours unoacking it, letting it warm up and I hunted for cables. It is so cheap there is no wireless connection toon but it does AirPrint. Anyway ai did not have the proper type of USB cable so finally hooked it up with an Ethernet cable I do not plan to use it daily so I shut it off and out it away for now. Will use it for printing on card stock when I want to use markers.

Many people with massive problems right now and I am sort of sad.

Buzz, sorry for your email problems.

Anne, my goodness your weather is definitely winter!! Stay safe out there.

Sandy, you too!!

Shirley, I hope your knee is going to be okay.

Jackie, so the snow is staying away?

Marcella, beautiful tree!!

Jeri, love your tree as well.

I made a little origami tree today. It was kind of fun.

Take care everyone.

Hugs.

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    To Marcella -

2541577iqj9aoasrb.gif

I hope you've had a wonderful day.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    MARCELLA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hope your day was special. Anne.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Anne - It was surprising to hear that your son could be stuck in the snow in Quebec. Down here in the southern part of the United States, when it snows, every thing closes and if you're on the road, you're going to be stuck there for a while. I guess I figured that far north, things would keep moving along no matter what. Must be some pretty bad snow! As for Christmas, I'm totally down with a green Christmas!

Buzz - Hope things get sorted out with your computer and email. It can be very frustrating. In my previous life, I was and Information Systems Consultant. I helped businesses automate. I'm the one that would come in and help you find systems for your company, make sure they were implemented, people were trained, and everything worked. Thought I would miss it when I left the business world. I never did!

Shirley - Best wishes with your surgeon and getting seen promptly.

Lin - Sounds like you had a fun computer related day too. --- Also, I hear what you're saying about people going through terrible things. And sometimes the best we can do is to let them know how much we care and to continually lift them up in prayer. Sometimes, I talk with friends and hear what they are going through and just feel so blessed right now.
    Sweet dreams everyone,
    Marcella