Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Buzz, my marriage is long dissolved but at the time of the turmoil and as we were trying to work things out, I did get into some bad situations with my DH. I did have an attorney and ultimately realized I needed to discuss everything with him rather than just making any agreements with DH. His advice was, get this settled as soon as possible and cut your losses right now rather than trying to fight for what was right. He told me there was something wrong with my soon-to-be-ex and the sooner the better before DH realized he could make even more financial trouble for me with my company pension etc. So I gave up on issues where I had tried to be kind and just got the legal remedy in place. Make sense? Costly lesson.

It is kind of a wild week all the way round. It of course is increasingly cold and I have low air in my tires as is usual with a downward temperature shift. My car goes to the shop for a recall repair on a Friday so I hope to get that issue resolved.

My friend's husband is back in the hospital again and will be there indefinitely. I am going to start sending him cards. Got the first once ready to go tonight.

Again, nothing very interesting going on in y life. Did the book club social last night, getting back to my Mah Jongg, Tai Chi, coloring, etc. My teeth still feel odd. I need to start getting my little gifts for people bagged up!

Hugs and I have been reading posts. Just not putting out responses to everyone.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    A damp and chilly day but we all enjoyed a walk in the local woods, out of the low clouds and mizzle of the moors. Yesterday I bumped into the son of my dear housebound neighbour who ended up back in hospital with septicemia to be told she's now been moved to a local hospital where they are working out a package of care so that she can return home. This afternoon I will visit her either back home or local hospital and then do some shopping.
    My physiotherapy appointment on Tuesday was extremely helpful because after some manipulation to see what does and doesn't bend she told me that I could have an x-ray but she was convinced it would show severe arthritis in one hip and not quite so severe in the other.... in the future I will require hip joint replacements but today I have a sheet of exercises to follow and my life will proceed as normal, whatever that is!! Apparently I'm doing all the right things, walking, yoga, healthy eating and the rest so nothing to be done and no point worrying about future events.
    My gardener returned yesterday and worked hard on another border for a couple of hours so that after I had later raked up the fallen leaves it's looking almost presentable when I peep out the window!
    I too am in awe of Buzz's font of knowledge, experience and down to earth common sense advice which guides me in areas I need to be nudged..... what would we do without you, lovely lady? <3
    I must now heat up some homemade soup and then get ready to visit and shop.
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hi just me popping in to say good morning. We are just about to go for our first fairly long walk - weather related length! Trot to the mailbox at lunchtime, then fairly long evening walk around 4 pm before it gets dark. I can't see Jilly in the dark unless she's wearing one of her warm coats! In between, trips into the garden! I'm so glad I'm not Jilly and have a functioning toilet - not an outhouse like the hardy pioneers!
    SHIRLEY, we are forecast our first real shovelling snow this coming Sunday. I've sacked my professional snow removers in favour of my neighbour across the street. The profs. were very expensive, not all that good, and food prices etc are on the rise. We will see! My neighbours job folded, so it should help both of us a little for now.
    So, I'll love you all, and leave you, except to say to SANDY, "get thee to a lawyer, post haste!"
    Anne.
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    And we've just got Back! It started snowing while we were out. Jill's first snow! Actually more like ice pellets.
    Anne.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Today is milk day. Still have a bit more laundry that didn't get finished yesterday and then off to pick up my fresh milk for the week. I usually do my grocery shopping today also. But this week, I think I will wait until the weekend. After the "milk run", more time will be spent in the office. I want to make certain that I finish this year with everything up-to-date for entering our personal finances in Quicken and also everything for Jordan's business in Quickbooks. Shouldn't take too long, but I will probably need a few days for the task. The temperatures are plummeting here for the next few days, so timing is good to be inside working away at my desk. My office attire will consist of sweatpants, sweatshirts and fuzzy socks. I love having a home office!
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) I am back home in my comfy place. I slept good and caught up on lost sleep. I have my meeting today which will help me get my head clear and help me figure out what to do. I appreciate all your kindness and advice but in the end I have to do what I think is right for me. Love you!! <3

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've been out and back again, driving in the most awful thick fog that has descended! Arrived at the hospital 5 minutes after the start of visiting hours to find every parking space taken plus quite a few cars in places they shouldn't have been left so after a couple of circles decided to visit the supermarket instead. That place was heaving but I found everything I had wanted including what looks like a very nice reasonably priced bottle of Chilean red to test before Christmas. My car was loaded and then I walked back to the hospital and after a few inquiries found my neighbour sitting up in bed chatting to a couple of family members and looking oh so much better than the last time I saw her being wheeled out from her home to an ambulance. Of course her first question was 'how's George'? With items for the freezer in my shopping I didn't stay long but at least know she's alright and can pop in at the weekend for a longer stay.

Anne ~ Brrr, that sounds ominous although I suppose you must expect some cold and snow now we're well into December. I think we might be heading for the warmest December day on record which is why mist and fog is now surrounding us!

Marcella ~ Fuzzy socks sound perfect attire for working in when it's cold outside. Once evening sets in I usually clamber into warm tracksuit bottoms and fleece top, it makes me feel so cosy.

Only 4.40pm and already dark outside so I think I'll cook up a batch of George's food then light the fire and chill.

Jackie

PS I'm not on facebook so can anyone tell me (and Anne's concerned too) where Phoebe is because she hasn't logged on to MFP for 2 weeks now? Hope she and Jim are alright! :/
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    We made it to the animal shelter but no luck
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I am on facebook with Phoebe but haven't checked in today, so I will and see if she has posted anything.

I just got back from seeing Isaac and got to see him get his first haircut yesterday, which went good until the hairdresser brought out the electric clippers and his little head went every which way and he bumped his head and started crying. The crying was over fast and he looked so cute with his new cut.

We got home after lunch and I finished decorating the upstairs for Christmas so that is all done. One thing at time. I was chasing Isaac around so now my knee is a bit achy so I am icing it. I had my xray
    read by the chiropractor, nothing serious, some arthritis which I thought, and muscles and tendon.
    I still have to see my doctor and see what he says but until then I continue with the chiropractor.

I made some squash soup before we left to see Isaac, so that will part of our dinner and anxious to see how it tastes.

Have a good evening. :)

Shirley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Good evening, Imlove your descriptions of weather Jackie. Mizzle? Is that a combo of mist and drizzle? What an adventure you had. It is good to be home!

I had a lovely time with the group at the library this morning. Lots of conversation, laughing, game playing, making cards and finishing a puzzle. For some reason, everyone seemed to really enjoy the time together.

Tomorrow I get to spend hours at the car dealership for that recall work. They've indicated at least two hours. Hope I can connect to their Wifi this time. Could not last time I was there. Some issue related to an upgrade they had put in place.

Here's my Christmas puzzle.

uo73mup5y4rl.jpg

Hugs.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I just checked out facebook and I did see Phoebe share some posts.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Busy but fun day. Spent the afternoon helping at kindergarten Lots of fun. Poor Melanie , Maggie is sick again and Mel gets no sleep. I transferred $100 into her account so they could buy supper. She was so happy. I haven't spent my inheritance from my Mom yet so I am glad to use it to help out family. Mom would have approved.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Actually went on my first supermarket shopping today since Mike died! I took my walker along but ended up in one of those electric carts so I could get around. I bought just enough to carry in the walker, so it worked out fine. My lovely friends across the hall offered to take me to the bank (to sign all sorts of forms and return keys to the vault) and then shop. Such excitement for me. I will plan to look for the transportation schedules for future forays so I don't have to rely on others too much. Our community has buses that even transport wheelchairs, though I don't want to take mine shopping! Within the next month, I hope to start the exercise classes again, and start using our magnificent new gym. Me time!
    My cleaning gal came today and although I think I've mentioned I usually have to shine things and perhaps clean areas she's neglected, she is a gem in terms of helping me. She helped with Mike's clothing that she packed and brought to our area holding discarded things to be given to charity. Many of his friends have been able to take and wear some of his and my favorite jackets, shirts and belts and our chaplain was thrilled with the tie collection and tells everybody he has a little of Mike with him every time he wears one! Residents keep telling me the joy Mike brought to their daily lives, and I just lap it up! In time, it will be very pleasurable to listen to their stories, though right now, it is with very mixed emotions. I know time heals and keeping busy ( though not compulsively so) also helps, and although I catch myself doing or saying weird things, I see myself recovering the initial shock!
    My new chair is like sitting on a cloud! And my leg swelling seems to be responding to frequent raised legs. I hope to achieve 5 sessions of 1/2 hour every day, and at least once a day with the compression boots. Back to wearing my compression stockings, though the right one is pretty tight around the top. Controlling my weight might help. I have lost about 7 lbs in the last month...if only I can continue. It's really difficult with the kitchen (pardon me, I mean culinary department) experimenting with interesting and often delicious concoctions constantly! And I broke down and purchased Moscato wine today to bring down to dinner, since I'm tired of mooching!
    OK enough about me, but I must be feeling better or I wouldn't have gone on so long!
    Wishing everyone a lovely Friday, and I'm finally getting to bed before midnight!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    I just checked out facebook and I did see Phoebe share some posts.

I messaged Phoebe and she said they are working and very busy.
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Good to read that Phoebes okay. I know the feeling, busy!
    Thank you SHIRLEY.
    It's -6 C here at 6:45am. Brrrrrrrrrr, colder than a penguins chuff (bottom)!
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    This morning I pulled back my bedroom curtains to be confronted by this sky.
    jjtrpcvxzngc.jpg
    I thought it was heralding a bad weather day but it's not so, damp and grey but not stormy.
    Housework today and a rummage in the fridge tray to see if I've enough veggie bits to make soup.

Lin ~ Yes, mizzle is a combination but the drizzle is the fine, inconspicuous sort that soaks you to the skin before you realise it's coming down! So glad you enjoyed your library visit which does sound great fun and creative. Love the jigsaw too.... cute dogs!

Shirley ~ Thanks for checking on Phoebe for us. She must be extremely busy because she hasn't logged in to MFP all that time but so long as she's safe and well that's ok. Ahh, you got to see Isaac's first haircut and only one little cry! A couple of months ago at my hairdresser's salon a father stood over his boy who seemed terrified at the whole experience and screamed and screamed. We were all pleased when the cut was finished!!

Jeri ~ Poor little Maggie but then also poor Mel too. They must both be exhausted so your gift will have lifted spirits I have no doubt.

Anne ~ Brrr again! Please keep that white blob on your side of the pond but also get those hefty boots on and take care on your walks.

Buzz ~ You are doing amazingly well considering what you've been through most of this year and I'm cheered to read you are getting out and hopefully bashing any heels that get in your way as you trip around the stores in a motorised chair..... certainly what I'd get up to with an innocent face! LOL Wine is good too as I can vouch after my glass of Pinot Noir with last night's mackerel salad.

A quick lunch and then out with the hoover and floor mop so wishing everyone a good Friday.

Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning all,

So good to hear Buzz is doing better and congratulations on the weight loss, it will only help with your
    legs. I too have to lower that scale as it will help my knee.

I have a chiropractor apt. this morning and she will explain more about my xray. We are getting our ducts cleaned this afternoon and i will be taking it easy as my knee is sore today after running around with Isaac. :) I don't mind he is so much fun.

I finished decorating the upstairs for Christmas yesterday and just have to add bows to the bannister. I am going to ice my knee today and try and take it easy. I told Dave this morning I need help with cleaning the downstairs tomorrow. I find if I rest my knee for a day it makes a big difference in healing.

Jackie - The morning sky is just beautiful.

Anne - When we came home from our daughter's yesterday and we did go through some snow. Nothing at our house yet but they keep saying its coming.

Jeri- Sorry to hear about your family being sick, and what a wonderful mom you are helping out the family where its needed.

Lin - Another cute puzzle and I see you are very busy with your activities, keep it up you are doing great!

Have to go now and get my treatment.

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JERI, what a perfect gift for Melanie! Generous and caring and certainly appreciated!
    JACKIE, BRRrrr! Gorgeous photo but it feels cold!
    Hope PHOEBE sends a nod that all's well. Miss her.
    SANDY, what's happening? We're all concerned, love.
    SHIRLEY, yes, rest is very important! The house will wait, but the knee might not!
    ANNE, I forget what -6C is equivalent to in Fahrenheit. Sounds bitter, though. So how's the baby making out? And you? Being taken out for lunch today so I must shower and get ready. I made some frustrated calls to the health insurance companies and doctors and received some welcome news! They are not charging me for all those calls refused by Medicare and Humana; they are considering them "courtesy calls"!!! Whew! Little by little paperwork is dwindling and hopefully I will begin living a more normal existence! I can't imagine that but it will happen!
    Have a lovely day, everybody...
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Phoobe pkoebe where are you? you got me worried
    Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Snow storm predicted, we will see, they say that often!! Depending on the weather I am going to talk to the attorney who did our separation papers on Sunday. He is doing it as a friend so he won't charge me.

Marie, Phoebe is okay, she has just decided to take a break for the sneakers.
    Buzz, I am glad things are settling down for you and hopefully will be normal soon.
    Shirley, sorry about you knee but it had to be worth it playing with Isaac.
    Jackie beautiful picture!
    Anne How cold is that in Fahrenheit?
    Jeri how nice of you to help your daughter, I know she appreciates you.
    Lin Your puzzle was close to mine except yours is for Christmas. It would have taken me to Valentines day to finish. lol

Have a great day! Stay warm!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time