Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) I had quite a day yesterday and now I am without a car. First I went with Bryanna to court and then to the DMV. Got home in time for Babe to bring me more supplies and he gave me money for my luncheon with the girls. It was a great lunch and we then went to my friends house for a short time. Drove my other friend to her daughter's and proceeded to drive home. I missed a turn and went into a truck dock driveway to turn around and got stuck in snow. Two guys tried to help me but couldn't so I called my friend and her son came to help. He had a big truck and put something on the back of my car and pulled and never did I hear such a noise. Evidently I was stuck on some sort of metal and when pulled it did something to the bottom of my car. I did drive home but this morning I filed an insurance claim and they sent a tow truck to take it to my dealer to be fixed. I will either have to rent a car of borrow one from a relative. Merry Christmas to me. I was so worried about the car I woke up at 4:00 am and could not go back to sleep. I am going to try and take a nap now. Enjoy the rest of your day. Here is my car!!

obzjyxz9kcu7.png

Sandy
    One Minute at a Time
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sandy - So sorry. :'( Just let everyone take care of YOU while the car is being fixed. B)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sandy- So sorry to hear about your accident with your car. Stay safe.

585704vohzfiasuy.gif

Happy Winter Soltice

Shirley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Sorry Sandy. I saw your post on Facebook about being stuck but didn't think it was that serious. So so sorry. <3<3
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Bad luck just before Christmas Sandy. Very sorry. Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE, y'all! Yippee, from now on, the days grow longer!
    an65sjhfh43d.jpg
    I'm off to sleep and never got to straighten up for my cleaning helper!
    SANDY, if anyone can make something good come out of disaster, that's you! I hope everything works out for the best, and so sorry you had this auto problem!
    Goodnight everyone...
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good day. I was able to complete most of what was on my agenda yesterday. Now we'll see How today goes! Time to get started soon. Meanwhile I wanted to check in, wish everyone a great day, and add a wish that our troubles be few.

Sandy, I hope your car is fixed soon. My friend was in an accident recently. She was stopped at a stop light and someone (who I cannot believe was not impaired) tried to drive between the lanes. Both her car and the pickup trick in the other lane were damaged as the guy tried to drive between them. She is driving a rental car right now while hers is in the shop but it should be all fixed up soon.

Buzz, you post incredibly lovely graphics. I wish I knew where to find things like that!! I hope you are getting some rest. I had a sleepless spell about 2am and thought, well, okay, there's something I would like to watch at 4am and sure enough I was asleep by about 3:30 and missed the program!!

Anne, how's the cooking and baking coming along?

Time to move!!

Hugs.

Lin
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    9szxq1ye3hx8.jpg

My new Birthday food processor! I've wanted a nice processor for nearly 20 years and finally made a decision on which one and ordered it. I'm looking forward to trying it out! Today is "milk" day. Hopefully, when I pick up my milk, there will be some nice farm fresh veggies available that I can slice and dice with this new machine.
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) A new day always makes things better. I got a good night's sleep, talked to Babe who calmed me down and told me not to worry about any expenses, that he would pay them all. I feel better but still dumb that I didn't think to call my roadside service and none of this probably would have happened. Letting it go and moving on.

Marcella, nice birthday present, I hope you get many good memories from all the delicious food you process!!

Lin, Ford just called and because of the holiday it will be sometime next week he hopes. Insurance has to approve appraisal and that might take time. I am glad your friend didn't get hurt with the idiot who tried to go between two vehicles.

Buzz, can't change or control anything to make it different, so I will just move on and stop worrying. As angry as I am with Babe he is always there for me, so that is why it is so hard to change things.

Shirley, your graphic is beautiful.

Thank you all for your kind words as usual.

Have a great day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    marcella I have a big one but would like a smaller one
    Marie.
  • Jacean2016
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Can't resist MARIE, are we talking bottoms or food processors? If it's bottoms, me too! Anne
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jacean2016 wrote: »
    Can't resist MARIE, are we talking bottoms or food processors? If it's bottoms, me too! Anne

it was food processor. Anne.

• Shirley61
    Options
    I also have a food processor and use only when making recipes for company and lots of people. Mine is older than dirt but still does the trick Black & Decker shortcut.

A cloudy and gray day but mild temperatures we can't have it all. I am doing my squash soup in the crockpot and shortly I will start the cranberries from scratch. I left out the cayenne pepper out of the soup because my MIL doesn't like spicy foods.

Tomorrow I will visit my yoga studio and talk to my instructor and see if I can do some gentle yoga and just wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    A picture of our Christmas mantel.

7vk6s242a2nq.jpg

Shirley

• Jacean2016
    Options
    I know MARIE. Just pulling your leg, I've a weird sense of humour! Forgive me, Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley how lovely.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Marcella, I finally treated myself to a good food processor a couple of years ago. I don't use it often but I like it. I got a Breville too! Enjoy it.

Shirley, lovely decorating.

Marie, Jerry's birthday is coming up soon. Does he want a party??

Sandy, glad you feel better about the car. Points to Babe for helping out.

Anne, you are a character. I wish you were on Facebook as Phoebe posted the funniest little Santa toy. It has a kinda big butt and it wiggles. I have looked at it a couple of times and it makes me laugh every time.

I wimped out on going to the retirement reception. My sinuses are acting up, one ear is stuffed up and a friend reminded me that a horrible long flu is going around here and maybe going to this reception with a huge crowd might not be the best move to stay away from illnesses so I am home. Don't plan on going out much until next week. I guess we have a likelihood of freezing rain and/or snow as early as tomorrow morning. Eeeck.

I have loads of great library books, stacks of movies to watch and lots of coloring. I have not decided on a puzzle yet. :D

Talk to you soon!!!!

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    On my way to bed but just checked in to read posts. My day started with my usual Thursday early morning trip to the supermarket when I normally miss any queues but of course it was mayhem because it seemed everyone from a 10 mile radius had decided to shop for groceries for Christmas day.... just one day of the year and so many people going mad!! After that George and I met up with Scruff and her mum for our usual walk when we were lucky to get the best weather of the day with lots of sunshine. My neighbours' new kitten keeps getting beaten up by the local feral cat and losing its collar with magnet to get him through their cat flap so when I noticed a cat collar on the path I posted it through their letterbox and sent a text to let them know. A message came back to say the kitten must be lost outside somewhere so off I went calling and searching until my neighbour drove herself home from work only to discover when she went into her property little Badger was fast asleep on a spare bed! Apparently I'd found an older collar lost a few weeks earlier! I'm not sure where the rest of the day went but go it did and since it's 1130 here I'm off to bed.

Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    LIN, you are one wise lady staying away from the crowded retirement reception. You can guarantee there'll be one or two less-than-wise and inconsiderate folk spreading their germs around! There always is, and you will be vulnerable if your sinuses are acting up. The library books, the colouring, the movies and maybe some background music sound a super alternative to me. That's what the Bean and I are doing tonight, well actually she is snoozing, flat on her back next to me on the sofa. I'm upright.
    Have a lovely, warm, cosy evening everyone, and a deep sleep for Jackie, George and the kitties.
    Anne.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good morning everybody. I should have gone back to bed but remembered a few chores unfinished so preferred checking in to find you mostly well! Feel better LIN!

sb3ot4ou5ywb.jpg

Have a fabulous weekend,y'all!

99ajr1srdv05.jpg

<3 Buzz