Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,120 Member
    Options
    5j5o9jahx396.jpg

Bess, welcome to your new forever home, you are one lucky puppy!! Congratulations Barbie and Jake, Bess looks great with you and with Sasha. If she jumped on your bed to nap, she must be feeling comfortable. Hopefully, she and Sasha will become great buddies!!

Marie, it has been 8 years for me and I am still struggling to lose the last 5 pounds. But in the meantime I have made some great new friends and love being a part of this group.

Jackie, what an amazing picture, how lucky you were to see it in person. One of the reasons I am working so hard to lose weight is because I have two trips coming up this Spring. Well that and because I am tired of trying and want to get it done. You will lose your vacation weight just being home and eating healthy. As you say putting the weight on is easy, taking it off is so much harder! I will let Diane and Karen know you are making room for us!!!

Buzz, correct me if I am wrong but your bedtime seems to be earlier these days which is a good thing. I wish I could get to bed earlier than one o'clock because I have been sleeping until 9:30 which is much too late even though I have no where to be. I am a night person and I don't think I will ever change my bad habits.

Lin, I agree with everyone else, you are very talented and accept those compliments because you deserve them.

Jeri, did you get some alone time?

Marcella, is it time to come out of the dungeon?

Patsy, can you check in and let us know you are okay?

Have a great day!1
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed, MARIE, you started a great group and I hope we all remain, whether steady or intermittent, as we get quite fond of one another.
    JACKIE, first, I want to claim the lower bunk, as SANDY is more limber and lovely than I, and secondly, I am oohing and aahing over that gorgeous photo! How heavenly to live near scenery out of the romantic books I've loved! What made you leave it years ago, and how long did you live in Canada?
    I have some volunteer work I promised so I must run. Just a comment (or question): several people have mentioned about a weight loss (mine) and I don't see it, and it's still less than 10 pounds. Is it possible to appear to be thinner (same clothes) while embarking on weight loss, even though it's a minimal loss? I just don't see it yet. The legs are improving!!!
    <3 Buzz
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    What a joy! I popped in on sneakers and low and behold! There was hellos and mentions of me! Thank you friends! I have been missing you as well. My health is okay. My problems are of my own making and neglect. I need to exercise more. I need to be more positive. The political situation has turned me into a news junky and I seem to be hunting for the next bit of scary developments. I have found a more positive way of dealing with things now. Sooooo, I am carrying on!

I can't say enough about how wonderful it is that Barbie and Marie have adopted sweet dogs that needed forever homes. Our labradoodle wasn't in that situation. We did try to find a dog that would work for us after we lost our two best friends to cancer. We opted for a puppy. Not easy, I can tell you. Her energy almost unhinges me every day. We absolutely adore her!

I have a movie recommendation..."Light Between Oceans" is a hauntingly beautiful artistic movie. The story tugs at your heart strings but still quite watchable. The scenery is really amazing. I don't mind a movie that has a bit of challenge. "The account" was a good movie about an autistic man. A thriller and interesting characters.

Spring is knocking on our door. I see little green daffodil sprouts in the mud and ice water! These brave harbingers of spring are the first to show up here. Hello! Looking forward to seeing your yellow blossoms.

Lin...there really is no such thing as bad art. There is only art that is successful in it's message or not. I learned that early on in art school. My mentor was a hard-nosed critiic and would throw a huge hissy fit if we ever used the words...bad art. Anyway, that is my experience. One of the things that has stuck with me all these years.

I know...aren't you sorry you encouraged me to start posting again? Yackety Yackety, Yackety! I never know when to shut up.
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Pasty i love sharing my life with Missy Marie. she is so adorable.Se will be with us forever.
    Jerry loves her too.As long as she wants.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    PATSY, we have missed your Yackety Yackety, Yackety! so don't ever feel unloved! And I do understand your reactions to current events and am learning to calm myself somewhat by busying myself elsewhere! Funny, I was going to say the same thing you said to LIN about no bad art, but was afraid she would misinterpret it to think I meant it for her work!!! She is meticulous and persevering, far more than I could ever be!
    SANDY, I missed you earlier and yes, I'm trying to get a bit of "beauty rest" just in case I am successful losing some weight, since Buzzthe first place I lose is usually my face! Think of all those wrinkles just dying to emerge once the cheeks sink! As far as those bunks at JACKIE's, age before beauty! Diane and Karen will have to wait as I plan on using the bottom bunk!
    I am still trying to get my bank account straightened out; every agent there with whom I speak tells me they've never seen the bank screw up so badly...so another person is taking me under her wing! So far, nothing has straightened out the overcharge and the fees that followed Mike's death!
    Sleep is helping me feel better, I think, although I figured out all I get is 4 to five hours nightly. Whatever, I'm doing better. Except tonight I wish I dared use the motor chair since my gout is sprouting! I think the outside pressure has some effect on arthritis and gout.amk9s1kv4ek8.jpg
    Should I cut my hair? It's the longest it's been in years!
    <3
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I think you look marvelous darling!! If you can manage it, leave it, it looks great!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,176 Member
    Options
    You look lovely Buzz!! <3

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    :)Marie, you and I have been friends since almost my first day on MFP in 2009. I value our friendship. Yes, I am dancing again and walking the dogs. I started by dancing part of the class and sitting for the rest of it and gradually danced more. I am walking the dogs for long distances, too. I am doing physical therapy exercises to continue to strengthen the muscles that had to be cut for the surgery so I'm not lifting anything heavy, yet.

:)Sandy, Sasha and Bess lay touching each other this afternoon while napping with Jake and they happily walk together on our morning walks. Bess is younger and races around more but they seem happy walking together. I have a friend who sets an alarm to remind her to get ready for bed at an early enough time.

:)Lin, I understand your being nervous before going to art classes. I am nervous every Friday morning before I go to teach my line dance class.

:)Patsy, when we were deciding what kind of dog to get after Brandy died, we were certain that we didn't want to deal with the challenge of a puppy. Bess is four years old and energetic enough. I read the book "Light Between Oceans" but didn't see the movie.

:)Buzz, I'm glad to hear that you are getting more exercise and sorry to hear that the bank has been such a challenge for you.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie for updating us on your activeatives.................Busy as ever.
    Love Marie
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I just everyone's pictures! :)

Wow, the past few days have been busy! My regular routine has been out the window.

Monday, I spent a good portion of the day making trips back and forth to the "Home Depot" store down the street looking for the perfect drawer pulls my son's chest of drawers. It isn't designed to have pulls, but the drawers don't open easily. So the obvious answer was to add pulls. Would be easy, except that in our family it must be the perfect pull. So, 3 trips, 2 stores and about 15 different pulls later, we all agreed on "the" pull. The losing pulls were returned and 6 of the winning pulls were purchased. This weekend, my husband will install our perfect looking pulls on the chest of drawers and the bed side tables. :)

Today, I went to the store to purchase some new stuff for the sons bathrooms. (rugs, organizers, towels,...) But just as I was about to come home, my son Jordan called to tell me he his throat was still sore. So I ended up taking him to his dad's pediatric office (though he has a "grown-up" doctor now too) so that the other pediatrician (not my hubby) could give him a prescription for some medicine. After that, we had just enough time to get his medicine, stop at the grocery store and get home to fix some dinner before my husband came home to eat and get ready to go back out. Tonight was our once a month small group home fellowship with friends from where we worship. It's always great to spend time with friends and to have a more informal Bible study time. Now, I'm back home and just ready to get some rest.

Tomorrow is suppose to be a more normal day for me. I'm so ready for a normal day! <3
  • linder4866
    Options
    Get some rest Marcella. You have been extremely busy!!
  • linder4866
    Options
    Patsy, wonderful to hear from you and please take all you want. It is enjoyable. :)

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Just popping in for a moment. Such a busy day.
    We stayed the afternoon at kindergarten with MJ as they were learning out to knit and I was helping out, fun.

After we got home Ed and I cooked 2 of the trout he caught on his fishing trip. Ed caught 2, Sammy got 7 and Zach 4. And yesI, I did have a very relaxing day while they were away fishing.

However today I needed to get in my steps after we got home around 4 pm as I did a lot of sitting and not much walking. After supper I did two 30 minute walks to get in my 10,000 steps. I was within my calorie limit so it was a good day.

Glad to see Patsy and Jackie back.

Loved your pictures Jackie.

Barbie - enjoyed your update. Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Buzz - I like your hair like that too.

Marcella - you sound as busy as me.

Got to run, I need to unload the dishwasher before I go to bed.

Jeri

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    I'm back from our morning doggy walk that was luckily between showers and we even felt the sun on us at times! We met a few stiles to be climbed (do you have such things in N.America?) which challenged my hips, especially after yesterday's yoga class that concentrated on our spines but I continue to tell myself that stretching is the best thing for me so although we huffed and puffed a couple of times it was so enjoyable and of course the dogs loved it. These are some of the local fields we trek across although not always to the bottom and back!!
    j8yvfzg2skdy.jpg

Sandy ~ It feels to me as if I've been trying to lose the last 7 lbs forever but at the end of each winter period my weight is down more than the previous year at the same time so there is some progress. Since Monday I've been trying very hard to take back control so yesterday filled my shopping trolley with mostly veggies, fruit and salads and because our weather is currently mild think I can avoid any comfort foods! It's definitely back to the pound a week club for me so I'll see you there on Friday and I'm sure if you persevere too you'll see the weight coming off! :D

Buzz ~ You do of course look as gorgeous as ever and perhaps it's your increased agility that's giving the impression of far more weight loss than so far achieved. Whatever the reason enjoy and if you can bear to deal with longer hair do because it suits you! You realise the lower bunk will be shared with my lawnmower if I can't find space in my garage for it! B) My decision to travel to Canada was probably due to my inherited genes because my grandfather's father and siblings emigrated to Australia just before WWI and our family tree shows earlier descendants heading in the same direction during the gold rush, in fact one made a fortune, returned to the UK and bought a pub in the east end of London before frittering it all away..... luckily I don't possess those genes! In my late 20's I was loving the "swinging 60's" in London but had itchy feet so one day in my lunch break walking across Piccadilly Circus I passed an Air Canada outlet, walked in and purchased a one way ticket then headed for Canada House to start the process of entering their country.... no more thought than that!!

Patsy ~ This morning on our walk my friend stopped at the top of one of the stiles to point out our first sign of Spring ~ golden yellow catkins hanging from a branch over her head which brought big smiles to both our faces. It's not too far off now! As ever, lovely to read your wonderful post full of puppy talk, stories from art school and a movie critique thrown in. I'll certainly look out for your recommendation if it's a recent release because at the moment there isn't much out there that appeals.

Jeri ~ Knitting does seem to have become a popular hobby again here in the UK and many friends are sourcing English wool rather than poor quality from a certain far east country! It's great to know it's being shown to children in school and I bet you had fun with them.

Marcella ~ You were on a mission weren't you finding those drawer pulls!!

Suddenly the wind has picked up and torrential rain is hitting the windows so I think it's time for my homemade bean casserole with a jacket potato to offer me some comfort! Hello to Lin, Marie, Barbie and anyone else I've missed.

Jackie

• linder4866
    Options
    Good morning, off to Tai Chi soon. A quick comment, in the Midwest where much farmland is in row crops and woods and trails are scarce, no stiles are found. We may have gates to open and close but even though are rare these days. No climbing necessary. :) But fewer places to walk. Private property and we have no right to amble through.

Busy ladies--each and every one!

Hope to see you later.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Great pics, great posts, thank you for commenting and I might attempt to keep the longer hair, at least until my weight looks appropriate for a smaller head! A friendly neighbor gave me her ticket for "West Side Story" this afternoon, so I am rather rushing to shower and dress so I won't miss our bus! Love not having to cope with a parking lot any more! Back later!
    <3 Buzz
  • JMarcella57
    edited February 2017
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »
    Get some rest Marcella. You have been extremely busy!!

This morning is amazing!!! I slept great last night. I did not have anywhere that I had to be this morning. I have not seen anyone in the family yet today (the hubby went to work before I woke up, the sons are still upstairs) so I've not had to talk with anyone, or do anything with anyone, or do anything for anyone. I'm just sitting here (about to get up and get a second cup of coffee) enjoying quiet time with my two cats and my laptop. What a glorious morning!!! B)

Jeri - Kindergarten sounds fun! I'm jealous that you have fresh caught fish. I grew up with a fish pond in my back yard. But now, if I want fish, all I have is the grocery store. It's just not the same.

Jackie - I always love your pictures! They make my want to hop on a plane and stop in for a visit some time.

Buzz - Enjoy your "West Side Story" outing.
    Marcella
  • Sandydur
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) I am going to go visit the boys to get my fill of happiness! :)

Marcella, aren't peaceful mornings wonderful? Living alone most of mine are like that. :)

Buzz, enjoy the play, it should be wonderful.

Lin, of course in Illinois we have nothing but flat ground, no hills or mountains. When I go to Portland or Arizona I love seeing the mountains and of course in Florida I love the ocean. I definitely am living in the wrong state. B)

Jackie, I finally managed to bring the scale down a little this morning, I hope that is a trend. We will see how it registers on Friday when it counts!! lol Any big plans for your birthday tomorrow?

Jeri, you are doing so good on your plan and finding time to show the kiddies how to knit as well.

I caught up on bills now it is time to shower and get ready. Have a great day!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Sandydur wrote: »
    ... in Illinois we have nothing but flat ground, no hills or mountains. ...

Reminds me of a trip during my "Business" days. I was visiting with a client in Illinois. They sent someone by the hotel to check on me before work so that I could just follow them to the office. I was horrified that they were not going to also write the directions down for me (the days before GPS). I kept asking what would happen if I lost them at a light or in traffic or something. They assured me it would be fine. So, still concerned, I got into my car and began following them to the office. (It had been nighttime when I arrived, so I had not really noticed what everything looked like around me.) Anyway, we started driving and that's when I realized that it was so flat and there weren't even that many building around. They could have been a mile away from me with traffic in between us and I could still have followed them! Boy, didn't I feel like the southeastern U.S. city girl when I arrived! :o
    Marcella
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Loved all the photos and Barbie's new addition to the family. She looks so sweet. Jackie your spa vacation looks like a fabulous place to go and relax, don't worry about the extra pounds I know you will take those off soon. Marie looks like you are back to plant based meals again and yes..there is alot of salt in canned vegetables, and dried fruit and syrupy fruit should be used in moderation because they are full of sugar. No fun having to watch all that! I am sure you will do great as you have lost a lot already. Marcella you have been so busy lately and you need some down time which I see you have gotten. Patsy glad to see you are back with your stories of your new pup which sounds like a very busy fur baby. You are always welcome here! Lin I can't keep up with your activities lately and your coloring pictures are beautiful and you are talented, so don't let the other artists intimdate, I would feel the same, shy at trying new things. Buzz you are doing so much lately and keeping yourself busy and losing weight, kudos to you! Jeri You finally had a day to yourself and you enjoyed it! How is the reflux doing?

Today was lunch with my friend across the pond, she had foot surgery but is coming along. We did order lunch in with pizza and ice cream for dessert. Not my usual eating but I'll take it! We exchanged
    some left over Christmas gifts we were keeping.

Well Monday will be my orthopedic doctor apt. about my knee. Finally the ball is rolling. I had yoga this morning and have to be careful but so far so good. So my weeks have been Monday, aqua fit,
    Tuesday yoga or rest day depending how the knee feels, Wed. yoga and Thursday maybe a day off and
    Friday's aqua fit. Then add two visits a week with the chiropractor so that has been my routine for a while now. The knee is not any better but not any worse right now.

Yesterday I had a TM (meditation) meeting which I like to check in at least once a month to keep up to date and hear anything new going on. I also get all the emails on a weekly basis.

Speaking of meditation I got get going and do that before dinner.

Enjoy your evening,

Shirley