What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Jump this morning to 139. Hope it will drop by thee time i eat breakfast. Might be a bit of stress as husband is having neck surgery this morning.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    ConleighS wrote: »
    Jump this morning to 139. Hope it will drop by thee time i eat breakfast. Might be a bit of stress as husband is having neck surgery this morning.

Good wishes to your husband. Probably it is a little stress!

97 for me. I love what running does for my blood sugar. Yesterday ran 5k at the park, stopped at a restaurant afterwards, ate a full meal including two pieces of garlic toast and half a serving of mac and cheese, was at ninety when I got home.
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Thanks rheddmobile. He is doing great, just waiting to see him. By the ti.e I got to eat 4 hours later I was at 74.
  • ConleighS
    Options
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
  • AmandamazingLowCarb
    Options
    127. It spiked earlier this week for some reason, been slowly coming down every day. Still trying to figure it out. (144 on Tuesday, 136 Wednesday, 132 yesterday)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
  • ConleighS
    Options
    75 this morning
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Yesterday I woke to 135 and it went up to 145 by the time I ate. It was high all day.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Well, I woke up at 630 and it was 190
    .. Feel back to sleep and just woke up again and am reading 111
  • ConleighS
    Options
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
  • amyfrogred
    amyfrogred Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It was 110 the lowest in over a month! I'm hoping to keep it this low.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @ConleighS thinking good thoughts for you, hope you get your control back!

103 this morning, a little high because my stomach is upset, I think.

Yesterday went to church with my mom and she wanted to go out afterwards - no, Mom, the diabetic on a diet does not want to go to IHOP! We went to Perkins. I haven't been there in years. I read that this type of chain restaurant is struggling, and really they deserve to go out of business completely, worst menu ever! Literally every breakfast, including the build your own and the omelettes, was offered with a mandatory serving of carbs - I could pick from a giant muffin, three pancakes with syrup, two pieces of toast, or biscuits and gravy. I asked if there were any options that were not carbs and the waitress reluctantly let me have fruit, which is of course also carbs, but at least only a few carbs. Picking dinner options was not any better, and almost every item on the menu was over 1000 calories for a tiny meal because of being made with so much junk, oil, cheese, and fake butter. Bleah! The mushroom omelette had so much flavorless greasy cheese it was like an extra cheese pizza made with eggs instead of crust. And three slices of mushroom. No wonder so many Americans are overweight and diabetic.

The upside is that it looks like Millennials avoid this sort of place. I'm fifty and I was one of the youngest people there. A guy at a table next to ours had a stroke while we were eating, and we complemented the waitress on how calmly the staff handled the emergency, and she said unfortunately it happens all the time.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @ConleighS thinking good thoughts for you, hope you get your control back!

103 this morning, a little high because my stomach is upset, I think.

Yesterday went to church with my mom and she wanted to go out afterwards - no, Mom, the diabetic on a diet does not want to go to IHOP! We went to Perkins. I haven't been there in years. I read that this type of chain restaurant is struggling, and really they deserve to go out of business completely, worst menu ever! Literally every breakfast, including the build your own and the omelettes, was offered with a mandatory serving of carbs - I could pick from a giant muffin, three pancakes with syrup, two pieces of toast, or biscuits and gravy. I asked if there were any options that were not carbs and the waitress reluctantly let me have fruit, which is of course also carbs, but at least only a few carbs. Picking dinner options was not any better, and almost every item on the menu was over 1000 calories for a tiny meal because of being made with so much junk, oil, cheese, and fake butter. Bleah! The mushroom omelette had so much flavorless greasy cheese it was like an extra cheese pizza made with eggs instead of crust. And three slices of mushroom. No wonder so many Americans are overweight and diabetic.

The upside is that it looks like Millennials avoid this sort of place. I'm fifty and I was one of the youngest people there. A guy at a table next to ours had a stroke while we were eating, and we complemented the waitress on how calmly the staff handled the emergency, and she said unfortunately it happens all the time.

Wow! That's awful. I guess we have the inexplicable but ubiquitous mystery of diabetes to thank.

I took my 81-yo MIL'sBG after breakfast yesterday. She's thin as a rail, a relatively light eater, very energetic, and absolutely lucid. She said she gets her BG checked every year "whether I need it or not", and it's always "normal." Of course, it was always checked after a 12-hour fast, and she has never had an A1c test. 1.5 hours post-prandial, it was 145, which her doctor never would have caught.

I also caught a blurb about Outback, Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and those other landmarks of the comfort food landscape struggling to keep their clienteles from aging out.... I'll add Perkins to Waffle House (Awful House) on the list of never-go-nears
  • ConleighS
    Options
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options