What was your fasting BG today?

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,967 Member
    pennell12 wrote: »
    Just curious... most people posting here do very well on FBS. May I ask, are you getting such great readings via diet and exercise alone; Metformin; other drugs or insulin?

Less than 25 carb daily diet :smiley:

Metformin 1000 2x
    Glimepiride 2mg
    Victozia 1.8
    Levemir insulin 10 units 2x

30 minutes light exercise most days

T2 Diabetic for about 32 years now. :frowning: I'm finally getting a handle on it.
    I'm down 60 of the 176 lbs I have to lose.
    As I'm losing weight my meds are coming down too. At the start of this diet I took 60 units insulin 2x
    & 8 mg Glimepiride.

I have Neuropathy, the start of Retinopathy & insulin dependency. All thanks to poor diet habits.
    My diabetes team keeps growing. I now see my GP, an Endo, an Eye doc, my Foot doc & a Cardiologist.
    A really talented bunch!
    Now I have to finally work WITH the team.
    My new low carb diet seams to have the biggest effect on my diabetes care. :smiley:
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Just curious... most people posting here do very well on FBS. May I ask, are you getting such great readings via diet and exercise alone; Metformin; other drugs or insulin?
    I can't speak for everyone but for me it's a combination of diet (under 100g carbs per day) avoiding all refined sugar, minimal exercise and medication (metformin and glyburide). If I don't do the diet, the meds don't work as good so I have to watch the diet.

• mrron2u
    And speaking of diet, 114 today. I think it was from too many meals out yesterday. While I tried to stay on target it's harder to estimate vs. at home where I control the ingredients and cooking methods.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Happy Sunday 111 again this morning
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member

Mine are still in the improving range, but they are improving from the Metformin ER, because I had been doing exercise and calorie stuff for my health and still high numbers. I will say I find myself making better choices since the meds are bringing down my numbers.....before I would get disgusted and say "to heck with it!! I'm not trying anymore",
    but now I try more. Are you on meds, if I may ask.

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    113 this morning
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Mine was 73.
  • kithrobyn

I am not on medication and control mine through diet. I recently switched to a low carb diet and it has worked really well for me. I've been able to drop my FBS about 30 points. I am not sure if those results are typical or if it is just something that works with my body chemistry.

• pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member

Mine are still in the improving range, but they are improving from the Metformin ER, because I had been doing exercise and calorie stuff for my health and still high numbers. I will say I find myself making better choices since the meds are bringing down my numbers.....before I would get disgusted and say "to heck with it!! I'm not trying anymore",
    but now I try more. Are you on meds, if I may ask.

Right now I take Metformin ER 2x per day maximum dose. I have taken other drugs in the past but not now because I want to see what I can accomplish by really giving low carb and exercise a shot. My BS are too high but since I have been lchf andd exercsing more, the numbers seem to be getting better. But, if I slip up I am back to square one.
  • pennell12

Metformin 1000 2x
    Glimepiride 2mg
    Victozia 1.8

T2 Diabetic for about 32 years now. :frowning: I'm finally getting a handle on it.
    As I'm losing weight my meds are coming down too. At the start of this diet I took 60 units insulin 2x
    & 8 mg Glimepiride.

I have Neuropathy, the start of Retinopathy & insulin dependency. All thanks to poor diet habits.
    My diabetes team keeps growing. I now see my GP, an Endo, an Eye doc, my Foot doc & a Cardiologist.
    A really talented bunch!
    My new low carb diet seams to have the biggest effect on my diabetes care. :smiley:

Good for you! Great weight loss! Have you seen any weight gain with Levemir?

• KenSmith108

Metformin 1000 2x
    Glimepiride 2mg
    Victozia 1.8

& 8 mg Glimepiride.

A really talented bunch!

Good for you! Great weight loss! Have you seen any weight gain with Levemir?

I've been gaining for years. My endo kept adding meds but they had little effect.
  • KenSmith108
    95 :)
  • mrron2u
    104 today.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    87 today.
  • mrron2u
    zcb94 wrote: »
    87 today.
    Nice number!
  • pennell12
  • kithrobyn
  • KenSmith108
    90 :)
  • mrron2u
    120 today. Need to look at my log and see if something stands out as the reason it was higher.
  • kevin75626
    kevin75626 Posts: 10 Member
    115 this morning!!! Down from 134 yesterday!! :)