What was your fasting BG today?

Options

Replies

• lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    127 I checked pre and post workout to see if there was a difference, but it was the same.
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    202 too high indeed!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    147! Noooooo!!
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    Try not to worry too much. Those numbers aren't too bad. At least some are hovering around 120. When you go see your doctor take your food logs and maybe they can make some suggestions about your macros and such. I just got my a1c results and they were 8.8 which was not good, but by showing my doctor my food logs and my testing meter readings he was able to see that the work I'm doing is improving things and in 3 more months we'll see what happens to the a1c. Just hang in there - the fact that you are concerned is a huge plus in your favor!

Thanks-I go see the doctor tomorrow AM. Monday was 125 & today was 146. I'm trying to keep carbs around 50-55% since I've had 3 diabetic crashes in the last few weeks. My doc said I was too low on the carbs at 35%
  • kithrobyn
    kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mine was 68.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Food for thought: Do we take meds to cover the carbs? Or, do we eat carbs to cover the meds?
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Food for thought: Do we take meds to cover the carbs? Or, do we eat carbs to cover the meds?
    I used to take pills to cover my carbs. All. The. Time!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options

I got caught in that trap Ken. For a while I found myself eating carbs in order to take my medicine. Thankfully I've learned since then. Now with my readings finally start going back down I plan to start halfing my glyburide (doctor approved this course of action. I'm down to about 15% carbs and it seems to be working well. I understand not wanting to have a sugar crash. It's a bad trip!
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    I understand not wanting to have a sugar crash. It's a bad trip!

How true!
    What I remember from my diabetes classes is preparation for exercise is necessary,
    if not prepped correctly a crash might happen.
    Carbs before most exercises, then testing during exercise to get a feel how sugar levels are doing.
    If they're dropping fast, stop exercising, get ready to carb up again.
    If they're alright, keep going.
    Test afterwards too, sometimes there is a delayed low.
    After a few times doing the same exercise the carb load should be dialed in.
    For new exercises start the process again.

Exercise & Food = Test & Test & Test and then Test some more.
    Remember your meter is your good friend. :smiley:
  • mrron2u
    Options
    Exercise & Food = Test & Test & Test and then Test some more.
    Remember your meter is your good friend. :smiley:
    Yep! I take mine every where these days, especially when riding the bike for long distances!

• KenSmith108
    Options
    91 :)
  • mrron2u
    Options
    Nice number Ken! I was 98 this morning, and I figured out why I had a 120 yesterday. I forgot to take my evening medicine the night before. Doh!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    124 today. Since I started working out and dieting seven weeks ago (loosing weight and being careful about carb intake), my fasting sugar levels have been dropping slowly but surely: from 160s-70s to 150s, 140s, 130s, and now 120s. Hopefully within the next few weeks I them down to normal.
  • mrron2u
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    124 today. Since I started working out and dieting seven weeks ago (loosing weight and being careful about carb intake), my fasting sugar levels have been dropping slowly but surely: from 160s-70s to 150s, 140s, 130s, and now 120s. Hopefully within the next few weeks I them down to normal.
    Great job! It is nice when you can see the results of your efforts. Keep it up (or down actually)!

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    137 this morning after a slice of pan pizza for dinner....too much bread!
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @mrron2u, reaching set results is indeed great. From an experience three years ago, I discovered there are no secrets in my diabetes: be at a healthy weight and eat normal (as no excess with anything) is enough to have normal sugar levels--of course this is not true for everyone, but it works for me. So, hopefully I will be within the healthy weight level and not need medicine.

I was impressed with your progress by the way (read your profile). Keep at it. Slow and steady is the best way to do it in my experience. Good luck.
  • mrron2u
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    I discovered there are no secrets in my diabetes
    This really resonated with me! I never thought of it this way, but you are right. The meter and especially the A1c tell all and never lie! Thanks for the inspiration!

• pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
  • KenSmith108
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    Nice number Ken! I was 98 this morning, and I figured out why I had a 120 yesterday. I forgot to take my evening medicine the night before. Doh!

Shows the meds are working.