so there was this guy in the gym . . .

Options

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Or there is person at work story. Lots of people have their "diet secrets" or tricks, whatever. Things they think need shared to help others, which the idea behind I guess is nice if it's with the thought of helping. Coworker I don't know well because she's over in the pharmacy (it's like a different part of the store cause they stay back in the little area), well she was telling me about the thing that has really helped her and she offered to send me an email about it. I said sure cause eh, it's an email so no big deal. I don't mind hearing about different things even if I have no interest. Well, the emails didn't really have information about the thing. It was just a "here are some links and your user name, welcome and you can refer people too" type. *facepalm*

Yeah, I didn't click the links and won't be signing in. Wasn't interested in the patch thing. Food maybe, but a patch to wear... not so much.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    the pec prince with the pecs was there when i was at the gym today . . . in one of those surgical neck brace thingies.

i don't usually try to interfere with or judge anyone else's lifting, but that frightened me.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Or there is person at work story. Lots of people have their "diet secrets" or tricks, whatever. Things they think need shared to help others, which the idea behind I guess is nice if it's with the thought of helping. Coworker I don't know well because she's over in the pharmacy (it's like a different part of the store cause they stay back in the little area), well she was telling me about the thing that has really helped her and she offered to send me an email about it. I said sure cause eh, it's an email so no big deal. I don't mind hearing about different things even if I have no interest. Well, the emails didn't really have information about the thing. It was just a "here are some links and your user name, welcome and you can refer people too" type. *facepalm*

Yeah, I didn't click the links and won't be signing in. Wasn't interested in the patch thing. Food maybe, but a patch to wear... not so much.

I had a boss who got into a pyramid marketing thing, and it was terrible trying to deflect all these suggestions that we should look into it, we'd be perfect for it, etc. She was convinced this was her path to 'financial independence', while damaging her prospects at a good, well paid job!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    They can be a little annoying. Some of the home sell stuff is okay but depends on how people approach things and some of these diet ones are just terrible. This is like a diet version of nicoderm, so not sure how it helps anything. *shrugs*

Today's at gym story comes from coworker. I was over in the weight section of the small gym with earbuds in so didn't have to deal with this but she was over using the treadmill. A guy was over using one and he kept burping, quite loud as I did hear one when she came over to get away from it and I had my earbud out of the left side. He just kept walking and belching...
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Ha! Yuck...
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    A guy was over using one and he kept burping, quite loud as I did hear one when she came over to get away from it and I had my earbud out of the left side. He just kept walking and belching...

EWW. you know what, that would set off my gag reflex. for real.

i was That Woman In The Gym on sunday. white underpants, nice warm black tights, squats . . . and a growing hole in the crotch seam of the tights. sigh. riding a bike everywhere is SO hard on a person's gym cool.

i had a long-sleeved shirt on over my regular shirt, so i took it off and tied it round my waist for camouflage.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    haha, I have to say that one of my jobs for the Christmas period when I have a few days off, is to go through my drawer of gym kit and weed out some of those "thinning" gym pants! At least you had the ability to cover up!
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Oh man, I'm paranoid about that too. I remember being mesmerised by a woman because you could see every detail of her flowery pants through her leggings as she squatted. I do not want to be that woman...
    You get it a lot in cycling too, riding behind someone and realising you can see their bottom through their thinning shorts. Especially men with hairy behinds! How do you tell them? Basically you don't, you just try to ride behind someone else!

Glad you had the resources and presence of mind to cover up, @canadianlbs!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    sigh. i'm avoiding that weeding-out chore because i think i'd be down to just my tickle-me-elmo pants if i did. and i love those so much i'd rather flash my panties to the public - or dig out my black ones so no-one will know - than overuse them and wear them out too.
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Your Elmo pants have made my day ... :smiley:
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Ahh the pants. I did squat test mine and think they are fine (got them at Maurices). However, my shirt is squat approved and long enough it helped. Though instead I was "that person" because my friend was taking pictures of me while I did squats. I don't even have a membership at that gym. hehe

k388s2.jpg

Better angle than the ones she took on her phone of me doing incline bench press. Did pause squats as moving doesn't make for good photos so it's just 135 and low bar, but I'm being dorky and giving a picture to my dad for Christmas.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tonight there were two younger guys in the gym I haven't seen before with a camera. Off came their t-shirts and yes it
    Was mmmmm. After alot of posing and pumping muscles from them I managed to get thru my DL. Yes it was distracting. Then one started wrapping these heavy belts similar to a black belt around to of bicep then they did more weights. When they unwrapped them the swell was huge then more posing and photos. Turns out they are Australian bodybuilders in NZ. Not the usual thing you expect for a Friday night. Oh and I did manage to complete my workout without dropping anything.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    christch wrote: »
    Tonight there were two younger guys in the gym I haven't seen before with a camera. Off came their t-shirts and yes it
    Was mmmmm. After alot of posing and pumping muscles from them I managed to get thru my DL. Yes it was distracting. Then one started wrapping these heavy belts similar to a black belt around to of bicep then they did more weights. When they unwrapped them the swell was huge then more posing and photos. Turns out they are Australian bodybuilders in NZ. Not the usual thing you expect for a Friday night. Oh and I did manage to complete my workout without dropping anything.

lol. did you have to mop the drool off the floor afterwards? wouldn't be my scene, but your description of it amused me. i'm actually kind of creeped out by muscly men.

you know those times where you see someone else, and you take an instant dislike to them? and you tell yourself that you need to stop judging people by your first impression of them and they're probably perfectly nice. but then they keep coming in and you overlap with them enough to overhear a little of their interactions with other people, and you realise that ah yes, they actually are kind of *kitten*-flavoured.

it's usually a woman, is the sad thing. or maybe it's just that i only self-censor my first impression like that when it's a woman.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The muscle was impressive from the point of view that there has been alot of work go into it. It was distracting because they were more annoying than the guy who keeps throwing the heavy db on the ground after doing incline bench. No they were certainly coming across as 'pretty boys' and if they'd kissed their biceps I wouldn't have been surprised.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Is dropping weights a right of passage or something?

Guy beside me doing hyperextensions with a 25 lbs plate, drops the plate from the top of his hyperextension right on to the floor. I mean, it is 25 lbs! There is no way he couldn't have just placed it down.
  • canadianlbs
    edited December 2015
    Options
    there are some bodyweighters/parkour types that show up in my venue. you're liable to turn round and find yourself eyeball-to-bellybutton to one of them, because he's horizontally extended himself from one of the cable rig towers by nothing but his own hands. it's disconcerting, but of course also awe-inspiring and much fun to watch.

only thing is, one of them is becoming THE poster-child of 'don't skip legs day'. he's not big to begin with, in the sense of not being tall or having extremely big bones. but over this year with all the handstand-swivels and horizontal holds and all that, he's really got huge . . . but only from his hips up. from his hips down, not so much.

i really try not to stare. because he's not a show-off and he seems like a nice enough man; plus manners. but it's disturbing. every time my peripheral vision catches him, it feels like a science fiction movie where the scientists figure out how to keep a mere torso alive by giving it a spindly little tripod for 'legs'. you know that expression 'two legs and a back'? this guy's that. he could wear the kind of little-boy underpants that still have captain marvel on them, and his voice wouldn't rise.

it's crossed my mind that maybe he doesn't know how unbalanced he's got, because he can't see past his own pecs and deltoids when he looks down.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    so I had to go in the ladies only part of my gym to do some skullcrushers because all of the benches were taken in the main part and theres a girl that has an entire bench taken up by 3 pairs of weights and she's not even using the bench...she's using the bosu ball to do all these exercises....why take up a bench and line up all 3 sets of weights and your towel and your water bottle....and all the other benches are taken up here too. how rude?!
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Man! This guy tonight - older guy, gut and tattoos. Comes over as I'm collecting plates from the other (empty) rack and points to my rack, the bar loaded with plates and my stuff lying there.

"You using that?"
    "What the f do YOU think?"
    Okay, I only thought that. I just grunted an incredulous "yes!" and stomped back with the plates. Moron.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    "You using that?"

snicker. 'no, i'm just spreading boogers on all of it. be done in a moment!'

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    "You using that?"

snicker. 'no, i'm just spreading boogers on all of it. be done in a moment!'

Oh I so want to remember to use that one day!!