NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It's been raining here for days!!! I was complaining earlier today that I wouldn't get to walk. Well it stopped and I left home at 7:45 pm and returned at 9:25pm - walked over the Woodrow Wilson Bridge from VA to MD & back then along the river to see the fireworks. I asked a complete stranger to take a picture.....she did and it's now in my profile.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Fugley01 that is huge! Congratulations!
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great morning. Good for you.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Fugley01 wrote: »
    My NSV's this week.
    My A1c went from 7.0 in January to 5.8 in June (take that diabetes!!)
    Also my LDL went from 4.73 to 2.01
    Not much for weight loss, but health wise great!!!
    I did have to buy some smaller shirts as my body shape is changing (more muscle) but for some reason, I just can't get myself below 180lbs. I've been on this plateau for almost 3months now.

Those blood numbers are great. Congrats.
  • Farback
    Options
    Did a 20 mile run on the little bike. (The big bike is a 750 phantom ànd doesn't burn a lot of calories except for dodging soccer moms in SUVs). A few miles of this were with my grandson. Great ride.

7ropchl8jr5t.jpg
  • Farback
    Options
    And wrapped up the day with a half hour paddle before supper.
    9gqdx2r1d0xo.jpg
  • marekdds
    Options
    Great pics and exercise Farback, congrats mom216
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I wore a sleeveless button-up shirt and shorts to our 4th of July celebration, and did not feel self-conscious. Last year, it was jeans and a baggy t-shirt, and I still felt self-conscious.
  • marekdds
    Options
    Marvelous NSV, camblin
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Today I am comfortably wearing a pair of jeans that were in one of my "too small" bins. :)
  • mom216
    Options
    camblin wrote: »
    I wore a sleeveless button-up shirt and shorts to our 4th of July celebration, and did not feel self-conscious. Last year, it was jeans and a baggy t-shirt, and I still felt self-conscious.

LOVE THIS!!!!!

I refused to wear shorts - or anything that shows my milk white skin - hahaha I don't tan - I turn bright pink. I have tried many brands of self tanning lotions and I turn a funky orange. Now I will wear a skort - but I still have old lady wrinkly bat wing arms flapping in the breeze - tank tops/sleeveless tops - NO WAY NOT HAPPENING :D
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    We received some shirts at work today and I was able to get one without any X's in the size! And I feel good about wearing it! First time ever I haven't hated wearing a company shirt!!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I've dropped from 3XL now down to just XL shirts. It's so nice to wear clothes that fit right and some that are even a little big. It's been years!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Smaller clothing is always a boost to the ego. Well done people.
  • MHTret
    MHTret Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    These are so inspiring...
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I wore a sleeveless top, and running shorts out in public this weekend! (it's been high 90-100 here, and I wanted to walk to the store). 1 year ago, I wouldn't have worn that INSIDE my house. :smiley:

These are all so great, and inspiring, I wish we had a like button so I could tell everyone individually!
  • mom216
    Options
    Just spent an hour trying on clothes/shopping my "too small old clothes" found a lot of stuff that now fits :)
    Going to a community get together later, wearing a size smaller pair of jeans & a top I had forgotten

HMMMMMM...... still have a few goal pieces >:) back to beast mode.... I will do this!
  • Fugley01
    Fugley01 Posts: 45 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used to wear a men's xl t-shirt (alway gray or black)and it was tight around the belly. I'm now wearing a men's medium in bright yellow, green or red. They are getting tight in the shoulders and arms from weight lifting but more importantly, they are loose in the belly.
    My next victory??? For me is to find a pair of jeans that reminds me I still do have an *kitten*
  • mom216
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    We received some shirts at work today and I was able to get one without any X's in the size! And I feel good about wearing it! First time ever I haven't hated wearing a company shirt!!

BRaye325 wrote: »
    I've dropped from 3XL now down to just XL shirts. It's so nice to wear clothes that fit right and some that are even a little big. It's been years!

Yes!!!!!! Wear it proudly! Nothing looks better than self confidence!
  • camblin
    camblin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    - but I still have old lady wrinkly bat wing arms flapping in the breeze - tank tops/sleeveless tops - NO WAY NOT HAPPENING :D

I was unimpressed to discover "bingo wings" harboring under my big shirts and sweaters...WHAT ARE THESE THINGS? Am I turning into a flying squirrel? I spend most of my exercise time on the treadmill because dropping pounds is more important to me right now than toning up, but those babies inspired me to grab a kettlebell and spend the first 10 minutes of each walk doing various arm reps. The "wings" have gotten much smaller, and I have some nice definition in my arms, again. As a bonus, I've noticed that by isolating each arm, I have gotten the strength back in my right arm after a shoulder injury last winter.