NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• Fugley01
    Fugley01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My best NSV is my wife is way more attracted to me now that I'm down over 30lbs and have added a significant amount of muscle.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I don't get winded climbing a flight of stairs any more. Three flights in a row are a challenge but I'm working on it!

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    I don't need to hold my breath when tying my shoes anymore!
    Post yours

Just posted this exact thing in another thread!

Isn't it awesome!

• BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    I don't need to hold my breath when tying my shoes anymore!
    Post yours

Just posted this exact thing in another thread!

Isn't it awesome!

Now that's a Result!!
  • Fugley01
    Options
    Getting dressed for my daughter's grade 8 graduation, had to use the last hole in my belt and it was still a little loose. That felt good.
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    Yeah, I had an old pair of panties on today, kept falling down when I was on the treadmill, lo
    Very inspirational ((;
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    My electric starter went out on my riding mower and rather then pay someone to come pick it up and repair it, I decided to do it myself. Last year I wouldn't have been able to crawl around on the garage floor for a couple days pulling the mower apart, rebuilding it and then put it back together. Didn't need to spend a penny. This year I did it and even enjoyed it!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Kudos Bill, terrific nsv
  • professionalHobbyist
    Options
    I have always had a belly, always love handles. It has been like a Vision Quest to get rid of them.

I am finally there

No scale changes really involved. It has been a slow couple of months.

The funny thing is, I don't care about the scale so much now.

Just happy to have flat sides!

Ha!

lyaxg2gc32kq.jpg

• chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was standing in the hall this morning, feet about shoulder width apart. Happened to notice....there was light coming between my thighs! Don't get me wrong, I still have a pair of thunder-thighs, but they don't stick together from knees on up any more. Little happy dance!
  • professionalHobbyist
    Options
    Yay You!
  • marekdds
    Options
    That is marvelous, worth a happy dance, both of you.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My two sons-in law, two of my daughters and I were lifting and carrying a 400-ish pound raft to the water. The two girls had one corner, the boys and I had the other three. We decided to lift and carry till someone needed to put it down. Five stops, none of them this old fool. The powerlifting pays off. (PS, my girls did fine too)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    You all are doing well! Good for you farback, chamblick and professional hobbyist!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    The gym I go to has only small group class workouts that combine 45 mins of cardio, bodyweight exercises, resistance training and 10 minutes of high-intensity-interval-training. I've been going for about 3 years now. Yesterday was the first time I've been strong enough to go two nights in a row! Today I'm sore, but not excessively so. I'm even tempted to go again tonite.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I'm even tempted to go again tonite.

That's awesome! It's great when you can think back to first starting and how little you could do and then all of sudden you hit a new level like that.
  • marekdds
    Options
    Small nsv. Stopped at frozen yogurt place last night, one of those make your own and they weigh it. I got half the yogurt that I would have gotten in the past and just a sprinkle of toppings, instead of spoonfuls and it fit my calories.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I had a little chuckle as I was reading the above posts. Some of these are major victories and even the small victories make my heart sing. :)
  • Fugley01
    Options
    My NSV's this week.
    My A1c went from 7.0 in January to 5.8 in June (take that diabetes!!)
    Also my LDL went from 4.73 to 2.01
    Not much for weight loss, but health wise great!!!
    I did have to buy some smaller shirts as my body shape is changing (more muscle) but for some reason, I just can't get myself below 180lbs. I've been on this plateau for almost 3months now.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Promise not to laugh too much?

Was getting dressed for work this morning, and my pants fell down.

LOVE THIS!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!