NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Went shopping with my adult daughter to find some dress slacks. Tentatively tried on a size 18. Sent her back to find a smaller size. And then sent her back AGAIN!! I haven't bought a size 14 in years! I figure it is the cut of the slacks, but I'm taking it as a NSV and a very Happy Birthday to me!!
  • chamblisk
    Options
    By the way, Darling Daughter was pretty surprised!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    That is so fun! Congrats!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Went to a new grocery store Sunday. Oh, the wonderful baked goodies they had...Visited the bakery section twice but had the strength to not buy anything...headed to the fresh fruit and veggies section where I stocked up. Where did that willpower come from????!!!! :)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I ran into a coworker I hadn't seen in over a year from a dfferent department (I changed shifts about then). I said hi and she hardly said anything betond "hi" back. After a few moments she ran after me, apologizing. She said she didn't recognize me at all!

That is amazing progress!!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    Went to a new grocery store Sunday. Oh, the wonderful baked goodies they had...Visited the bakery section twice but had the strength to not buy anything...headed to the fresh fruit and veggies section where I stocked up. Where did that willpower come from????!!!! :)

Great job! Adjusting our priorities is certainly a powerful tool in the most difficult situations.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling mightily since being cut to 1260. But it is what it is and I have to start realizing that I can have a, but maybe it would be wise not to have it at the same meal, or even on the same day, as b. Last night was "let's scrounge around the fridge and freezer" night. So I had a Bubba Burger, exactly 1/2 cup of baked beans and some baby spinach without dressing. I passed on the bread, seconds on the beans and cooked my burger on the grill pan using an olive oil spray spritz. I saved myself over 200 calories. Some of which I later blew on a Fudgsicle and a clementine. I did not go to bed hungry. Today, I am spending the day with my 12 year old nephew. I was informed that my BIL will be making his legendary pasta and meat sauce for supper. And also it is "deli day" for lunch with the boy and he wanted to get one of the their killer chickent cutlet heroes. Now, I would dearly have loved to also pick myself up a cutlet here or Cuban sandwich or a Philly Cheesesteak or a nice Italian hero. But did I? No. Instead I came back with the boy's sandwich and heated up a can of minestrone, saving myself a lot of calories and leaving me plenty of wiggle room for tonight. In the past I would have just written the day off and promise to get "back on track" the next day. But now I am just going to try to do the right thing in the first place. I have an out of town wedding this weekend and a wedding next weekend too. I am going to have to pray for a lot of extra will power!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Brilliant Nikki, planning is key!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I jumped rope for the first time in 40+ years in our circuit training class! I was nervous when the trainer set up that station but decided to try it and see what happened. I had to start & stop a few times but I was excited to be able to do it at all. I could not have done this even a few months ago. #young-at-heart
  • marekdds
    Options
    What fun, good for you!
  • chamblisk
    Options
    Good Job, Nikki! You inspire me to stick to the game plan on vacation this week and not just write it off!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    Good Job, Nikki! You inspire me to stick to the game plan on vacation this week and not just write it off!

I think if you are super careful at breakfast you can allow some leeway at dinner at least a couple of nights. Alcohol is often a bugaboo on vacation! Have a good time!
  • MSDave
    MSDave Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I retired a belt this week. It's no longer holding up my pants. I'm wearing a belt that I haven't worn for several years. I'm thinking that the pants will be retired soon.
  • marekdds
    Options
    Most excellent MSDave!
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    Went shopping with my adult daughter to find some dress slacks. Tentatively tried on a size 18. Sent her back to find a smaller size. And then sent her back AGAIN!! I haven't bought a size 14 in years! I figure it is the cut of the slacks, but I'm taking it as a NSV and a very Happy Birthday to me!!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

The same thing happened to me yesterday! So happy. :)

• sunnyazgirl
    Options
    I ran into a coworker I hadn't seen in over a year from a dfferent department (I changed shifts about then). I said hi and she hardly said anything betond "hi" back. After a few moments she ran after me, apologizing. She said she didn't recognize me at all!

That is amazing progress!!

Thanks! Another co-worker asked me when did I have weight loss surgery? She didn't believe me when I told her I didn't!
  • sunnyazgirl
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I have been struggling mightily since being cut to 1260. But it is what it is and I have to start realizing that I can have a, but maybe it would be wise not to have it at the same meal, or even on the same day, as b. Last night was "let's scrounge around the fridge and freezer" night. So I had a Bubba Burger, exactly 1/2 cup of baked beans and some baby spinach without dressing. I passed on the bread, seconds on the beans and cooked my burger on the grill pan using an olive oil spray spritz. I saved myself over 200 calories. Some of which I later blew on a Fudgsicle and a clementine. I did not go to bed hungry. Today, I am spending the day with my 12 year old nephew. I was informed that my BIL will be making his legendary pasta and meat sauce for supper. And also it is "deli day" for lunch with the boy and he wanted to get one of the their killer chickent cutlet heroes. Now, I would dearly have loved to also pick myself up a cutlet here or Cuban sandwich or a Philly Cheesesteak or a nice Italian hero. But did I? No. Instead I came back with the boy's sandwich and heated up a can of minestrone, saving myself a lot of calories and leaving me plenty of wiggle room for tonight. In the past I would have just written the day off and promise to get "back on track" the next day. But now I am just going to try to do the right thing in the first place. I have an out of town wedding this weekend and a wedding next weekend too. I am going to have to pray for a lot of extra will power!

Excellent job!
  • sunnyazgirl
    Options
    MSDave wrote: »
    I retired a belt this week. It's no longer holding up my pants. I'm wearing a belt that I haven't worn for several years. I'm thinking that the pants will be retired soon.

I call those "clown pants"! And yes, get something new as soon as those pants are too big. You will feel so much better with things that fit! :) Congratualtions!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    30 pull ups on the EQ bar. Felt great!!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Holey cow! Superb! I don't think I can do one.