NSV's = Non-scale Victories

Options

Replies

• Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So, I went to visit my parents and we went to the Royal Gorge Bridge (Canon City, Colorado). They have a zip line that I went on!!! Over 1000 feet above the river, from one side of the gorge to the other! I couldn't have met the weight limitation when I first started losing weight, and I wouldn't have tried it at all before losing 75 pounds!!! Oh the adrenaline rush!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I love these.
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    That's great. About a month ago I had to go through my closet and spent half the day just trying on clothes and checking sizes. I took two boxes full that were too big to goodwill and put all the rest in order of size so I can shrink down into them - too fun!

I did the same thing! Sorted clothes into the ones that fit now. It was nice to see more clothes moving to the it fits! Side.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Just bought a new bathroom scale - and didn't have to look to see if it was high-capacity before I selected the one I wanted.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    SolotoCEO wrote: »
    Just bought a new bathroom scale - and didn't have to look to see if it was high-capacity before I selected the one I wanted.

Ha, I guess that's our first "scale/non-scale victory" - too funny!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    6 days left in the Map My Ride Challenge

46,000 people in it. The Map My whatever app is popular!!

Still in the top 6% representing us over 50 folks!!

Only 6 more days to go!!

vbcetukwaad9.jpg
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Go, ProfessionalHobbyist, go!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    That's a ton of miles! Keep it rolling
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A co-worker (who weighs about 100lbs soaking wet) said, "You've lost weight haven't you?" :smiley:
  • BRaye325
    Options
    I just had my 3 month med check at my Dr's office and my blood pressure and cholesterol levels are the lowest they've been in 20 years. :smiley:
  • marekdds
    Options
    That's fantastic Bill. Good for you!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Good work Bill
    marekdds wrote: »
    That's fantastic Bill. Good for you!

• nikkib0103
    Options
    Great news, Bill!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My greatest NSV has been the realization that so many of the times when I thought to myself, "Well, you're just getting old and tired." I should have been saying, "Well, you're just getting fat and lazy."

40 pounds lighter, I weigh less than I did at 40. With exercise I have been getting, I can out race the woman I was at 30. The little things make me happy. Like I can pick up the dog's bowl painlessly and without hearing that creepy cracking noise coming from my knees.
  • marekdds
    Options
    The change in mindset is the best NSV of all.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Went to a party tonight. Kept portions small, skipped the fattier buffet items, had just one beer (my favorite kind so I splurged) and a tiny piece of cake. I had a nice time without having a pork out. The food was good, too, catered by one of my favorite places. Still, I have been doing really well the past few days and it wasn't worth it to me to derail my train.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well done everyone on some great NSV
  • sunnyazgirl
    sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I ran into a coworker I hadn't seen in over a year from a dfferent department (I changed shifts about then). I said hi and she hardly said anything betond "hi" back. After a few moments she ran after me, apologizing. She said she didn't recognize me at all!
  • marekdds
    Options
    love those nsvs!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I ran into a coworker I hadn't seen in over a year from a dfferent department (I changed shifts about then). I said hi and she hardly said anything betond "hi" back. After a few moments she ran after me, apologizing. She said she didn't recognize me at all!

Love that!!!