47 yo female: expectations and frustrations

Options
12345679»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Summer and sweating more, blood volume goes up to aid in cooling.

Running more, glucose stores with attached water go up in muscles being used for endurance, and more blood volume again for reaching more of the muscle for desired quick fat/carb delivery.

That would explain some of it.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Let's hope so! But that wouldn't explain the tighter shorts, would it?
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just to be devils advocate here...but what would happen if you put the scale away and just trained? You have healthy exercise habits. It sounds like you can keep your nutrition in control. What if you put the scale away and started tracking other things...like weight lifted, like running segment times etc? What would happen then?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Glucose is stored in the muscle now used more.
    Using your glutes more when you run longer?
    Biggest muscle.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    Just to be devils advocate here...but what would happen if you put the scale away and just trained? You have healthy exercise habits. It sounds like you can keep your nutrition in control. What if you put the scale away and started tracking other things...like weight lifted, like running segment times etc? What would happen then?

I have thought about this. Unfortunately I can't seem to get things under control, though. This slow gain has been going on for about 3 years now. (Total of 22 lbs.). So I don't trust that I am doing what works enough to just let it go. I do believe that some of that 22 lb gain has been muscle, because I have not added as much size as I would have thought, but it probably has been 2" gain in the waist. At least. I've not kept good records on measurements.

When it comes down to it, calculations have to be off somewhere--either logging or activity/TDEE estimates. If I could just stabilize at a certain eating level, I might could step off the ledge and do that! But my experience has been that the weight just goes up.