Holiday Challenge

Options
15678911»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    y4x3yawx4va8.jpg

My mom's Christmas dessert. Cream, powdered sugar, marshmallows, pineapple, and pecans whipped together. Usually chilled outside Christmas morning, but it was made the night before this year since we ate early. Nommmm.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Where is everybody?

Recovering from dessert comas.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1-tamales
    2-Turkey day stuff. Strawberry cheesecake. Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake. Banana cake. Baklava.pumpkin pie.pumpkin beer.more cheesecake.more banana cake.
    3-baklava and more baklava.
    4-strawberry cheesecake, last of the baklava:(
    5-peanut butter pie. Strawberry cheesecake. Banana cake.
    6- 1/2 pint talenti pumpkin pie.
    7- ^ other half of pumpkin pint
    8- whole pizza.
    9- 1/2 pint of old world egg nog and 65 grams of dryers cookie dough.
    10- 2 smores quest bars. 2 home made pork tamales.
    11- felix fire burger
    12- 1\2 pint talenti caramel Apple pie with added caramel from the can experiment.
    13- other half of caramel Apple. Pie.
    14- talenti peppermint bark.
    15- dreyers summer in the city cheesecake
    16- pecan caramel croissant
    17- 2400 calories of all you can eat McDonalds pancakes for a buck. Brown sugar jalapeno Hawaiian pizza for lunch.
    18- everything I looked at. Summer in the city cheesecake.
    19- Captain Crunch cereal.
    20-summer in the city cheesecake ice cream.
    21- work party. Prime rib, crab,oysters, crab mushrooms, bloody Mary's.
    22- cinnamon roll,cinnamon twist,chocolate cake donut.
    23- plain cake donut, dreyers chocolate chip cookie dough, medium popcorn at movie
    24- waffles,butter,syrup..mmmm
    25- monkey bread, sugar cookie dough,caramel sundae
    26- dreyers cookie dough
    27- brownies, cookies.
    28- everything. Baklava. Cheesecakes. Peanut butter cookies
    29-more than I needed of the aforementioned items
    30- donut. Chocolate a bunch of them.
    31-blue bunny. Birthday party
    32-fried catfish and beer
    33-donuts and ice cream.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody?
    I'm not in the forums much when I'm not at work because I try to stay off my computer and only check in via phone (app) or my nook. Its also harder to post pics but I miss you guys!

I lost count with the holiday challenge when we hit the actual holidays... it was sort of a blur of monkeybread, salami and cheese, dollar rolls, assorted soups, cookies, beer and wine....

Yesterday we went to KC for the Chiefs game which was awesome. Today we took my sister to lunch before she headed back home. Starting tonight the goal will be to finish off leftovers from the weekend without being too much of a glutton, eat an occasional vegetable, and start legitimately exercising again.

Celebrations aren't completely over, I have drinks with a friend tomorrow.to exchange gifts, New Years Day is my FIL's 80th bday and we are having a party, and Saturday night I have a very belated birthday dinner with some girlfriends.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody?

Sorry everyone, I kinda abandoned my own challenge.

I didn't have a very good Christmas week in terms of eating (if you're on my friend list you know that I've been having some health issues that are severely limiting what I can eat). Seeing everyone else enjoying everything so much was kinda bumming me out. But I did have some truffles and some fudge. I'm told everything I made turned out fantastic so that always makes me happy. Although, at one point I thought I might take a sledgehammer to my mom's oven.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Here's too lots of gelato eating in 2015
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've been soooo exhausted lately.... waiting for baby's arrival (hopefully) soon. I've got 17 days left until my due date.

I'm having pizza today cause I'm lazy and hungry. :P
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Had some shrimp for lunch. Happy New Year.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Damn it. I didn't take any pictures. :grumble:

But last night I made Guinness cupcakes with Bailey's buttercream frosting and they were awesome. I think the cupcakes could have used more Guinness flavor but the texture was very good. I could have just stood there eating the frosting all night. I love Bailey's and I'm not much of a drinker because of my meds so it was a nice way to get the flavor without as much of the alcohol.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @Acrylics - Guinness cupcakes with Bailey's buttercream frosting sounds awesome! Sorry to hear it has been a challenging holiday health-wise.

To answer MrM27 ("where is everybody?") - I've been busy with family stuff, then up to the snow for a few days so the kids could ski, and back for NYE festivities. In other words, away from the computer and, like Kruggeri, I don't really try and access the forums from my phone or Kindle. Back at it for real come Jan 5th, though! One more big family gathering this weekend, and then back to a routine (which I need, in order to shed some of the copious amounts of holiday treats and booze I've been indulging in for weeks and weeks, which in turn seem to be slowly re-inflating my once-banished spare tire!) Happy New Year all! :)
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Had two Gingerbread Twix & was surprised that it actually had a Gingerbread flavor & a Russell Stover Maple Cream Egg.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I swear I'm not slacking.

Yesterday I had Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy
    Today will be Turkey Hill Eggnog ice cream with Chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
  • dunnodunno
    Options
    Had two Andes Peppermint Crunch
    Four Generic Oreo-like Candy Cane cookies
    One Gingerbread Twix bar