Oh how I LOVE Combat!!!!!

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss. WTG on just keeping up with the fight! ;)
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    As much as I don't want to today, I'm playing catch up on homework that I've missed out on the last few days due to some things that happened :( Had to put my dog down yesterday, got to say doing Combat last night helped a lot with getting through some of the emotions, but I have a lot to catch up on. So using today as a rest day, going to make it up Thursday.

So sorry you had to put your dog down. What was their name? What kind of dog?
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options

Thank you guys<3
    Fitnesmom: Her name was Sadie, she was a boxer/pit mixed. She was 11 years old and had a torn acl and would have needed surgery and had been in pain for a while with it that got progressively worse. She started having seizures last week and she's never had that before. I know I did the right thing, but it was a really hard day, because she decided she was going to act completely like herself that day...no limping, no seizures, and even though I knew it was temporary because she does have those good days every once in a while, it made it that much more difficult to do it.

• My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    On a plus note: Day 31 down :)lo8qayeqsosy.jpg
  • Fitnesmom
    Options

Thank you guys<3
    Fitnesmom: Her name was Sadie, she was a boxer/pit mixed. She was 11 years old and had a torn acl and would have needed surgery and had been in pain for a while with it that got progressively worse. She started having seizures last week and she's never had that before. I know I did the right thing, but it was a really hard day, because she decided she was going to act completely like herself that day...no limping, no seizures, and even though I knew it was temporary because she does have those good days every once in a while, it made it that much more difficult to do it.

She sounds like she was an awesome companion! Keep remembering the good days with her.
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    Day 32 down!! :) I just ordered Les Mills Pump to start after I complete this program! Looking forward to it! 32 days down, 28 to go!
    dw7vw2fuqy4c.jpg
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do pump when I'm done too!
  • lvnascar
    Options
    I just did Warrior 1 Upper Body Blowout last night, and I'm really feeling the muscles this morning! I started out with 10lb weights, by the end of the workout I was down to 6lb. :D Very deceptive!
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    I'm gonna do pump when I'm done too!
    Awesome!! :)
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    33 Days in and it's still kicking my butt!! My whole body is sore, but I know that means I am getting results!! kls8zn50lteh.jpg
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    So I ignored my body telling me I need to rest last night and did Combat 60. Woke up this morning feeling 10 x worse :( . Lesson of the day, if you're legit sick, let your body rest or you wake up the next day feeling like you were ran over by a mac truck! Needless to say, today will be a rest day for me. Everyone enjoy your weekend<3
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Yes, rest up! Listen to your body for sure! Got a little over 7 miles in skiing today. Man, my legs are feeling it after Combat 60 yesterday! Just got home and don't feel like doing my Combat workout, too, so I'll be doing it tomorrow and swapping my rest day.
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    Took another rest day today :( UGHHH this stuff needs to go away so I can get my Combat on! lol
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    Take it easy, guys. Sick is sick just stick to your diary and add exercise in when you can. :smile:
  • mugglewump701
    mugglewump701 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Definitely rest, it will just take longer to get better if you push too hard.

I pulled my shoulder doing the hooks last week so I skipped my Plyo workout on Saturday. I did it on Monday with Combat 30 and then did the Power workout yesterday since I knew I couldn't do Plyo the next day. Well, my muscles are exhausted so I'm taking my rest day today instead of tomorrow and I'm having to rearrange my workout schedule this week, but I'm proud to say that I still haven't missed a workout halfway into my fourth week!
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    Options
    It's almost been a week of rest days for me :( Sooo hard to let my body rest, but on the plus side Ive managed to drop down 2 lbs this week even while resting, so maybe that's exactly what my body needed. I think instead of struggle to find a way to make up all these days I will just add a week on to the end of my program. I am iffy about working out today, Im starting to feel better, but I don't want to jump the gun and lose another week lol
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Great job for listening to your bodies! Today was a swapped rest day for me, too :-)
  • lvnascar
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have been incorporating the PiYo workouts with Combat. These two systems really work well together. I did HiiT Power with PiYo Define Upper Body yesterday, and my core and upper body are feeling the love from those workouts. I have the Warrior set, but really don't enjoy the Inner Warrior workout, so I'm subbing in the PiYo.
  • Fitnesmom
    Options
    I can't wait until I can get PiYo!!! I hope to be able to order that next week. It's not that I am getting bored with Combat but my schedule has been fubarred this past week so I have been adding a few extra rest days for Combat but outside of that, I have been walking for at least 30 minutes everyday:).
  • My_Fitness_Journey2020
    My_Fitness_Journey2020 Posts: 176 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    n2yvbc5xhb29.jpg
    Day 36: Combat 30 in the bag!! As you can probably tell from the pictures I am still not at 100 percent, but I am feeling a lot better and decided I couldn't go another day without working out!! lol