• tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Missed a couple days there. Christmas Eve I hit 3 miles:

7:56
    8:50
    8:16

25:04 8:21/mile

I wasn't feeling it. I also had just chowed down on some sweet stuff my work gave me before we left for the day. It wasn't pretty. Either way I need to get back on my game.

Today I have another 3 miles then tomorrow I have 8. In preparation for my long run I'm really hitting the water hard. I have a pretty bad headache this morning, and I can tell it's because I'm dehydrated. Didn't really drink water yesterday. Have a good day!
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Carol called me out for not checking in yesterday, so here I am! I posted in a few other threads, so I really just forgot to post here!

Yesterday, I fried my first turkey. It was delicious and everyone liked it. We also had about 20 different desserts throughout the day, so I didn't do so great, but screw it, it was good!
  • TJ_Gauthier
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well, I went to walk the neighborhood next to my house to see how long it was. My Endomondo app wouldn't connect to the GPS, so I didn't get an actual distance. But, I timed it right at 7.5 minutes. My usual pace is 14-15 a minute mile, so I'd go ahead and say it's pretty close to .5 mi. I took the little dog we found on the walk, right before I took him to meet his new family. He had chewed through his harness last night, so I whipped up a collar out of some cord I had. From all of the pulling, be loosened the cord, and slipped out of the collar, so I chased him through a couple of the neighbors yards, back to the subdivision, and across the street, where a neighbor scooped him up and gave him back to me. With all that, I got MUCH more cardio than I had planned for, today.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, our Christmas was pretty good. My wife got a larger rice/veggie steamer and I got a relatively large George Foreman grill, so that will really help us with our goal of clean eating.
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks Carol and Aaron! There is hope. I was reading an old blog post from when I quit "the stuff" awhile ago. I can do it!

Kim, I am still feeling the carb hangover. We are cooking up some stuff for tacos and I might just skip the taco shell and cheese part. My stomach is still unhappy with me.

Great job TJ getting out there. Darn GPS. I have a Garmin watch that I rarely have problems with. My biggest problem is forgetting to turn it on.

Today I did 40 minutes on the stationary bike. Boring, but did it anyways. Otherwise we did errands and chores all day. The kitchen sprayer blew out so that is now replaced. Those things push out a bunch of water. Hello shower in the kitchen.

Since everyone was sharing pet pics. I took a few of my beasts. Today the pup got his bath, or as we call it "the business" and is anxiously awaiting his "necklace" to go back on. I swear he gets excited about his collar returning to its rightful place:) The cat, well he found a new sleeping spot in a Christmas shipment box.
    4aavysvbobna.jpg
    t0530nxv7j9x.jpg
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Quick check in from the deer blind....
  • TJ_Gauthier
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Here are our two babies, Krome and Toki. From pups to now.

[img][/img]FB_IMG_1419632837676.jpg[/URL
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 26
  • aceronjr
    aceronjr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    TJ - Good looking dogs!

Everybody hang in there, normalcy will soon return after the new year … so just enjoy yourselves. :)

It's interesting reading all the "aftermath" stories. I don't think I've ever had a carb-hangover. I just wouldn't have much of an appetite the following day. Occassionally I would have a slight stomach ache on the night of … but from just over eating in terms of quantity, don't think the carbs themselves were a factor. I really can't eat like I use to at one sitting, which is great because it's so much easier to make good decisions when you're full.

With all the holiday get togethers haven't really been following carb night since last weekend. But I have been trying to only eat carbs at night, and not go hog wild. So far I guess it's been working OK as the scale says I haven't been gaining any significant weight. And I know it's mostly weight from extra water retention. As long as I keep doing good the days in-between I should be good for the new year … fingers crossed.
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    v0c37440da6c.jpg

Ok, I had to share my 'pet' too. Hehehe...
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love the pet pictures!! And what is it with cats and boxes? Lol
    Jen, great snoopy picture!
    I don't get carb hangovers as well.. In fact, the day after some carb nite I'd wake up feeling famish. Jef said that the carbs triggers insulin response and that is not real hunger.
    I'm in the same boat as Arturo but I'm worse off because I eat more sweets. I'm too scared to weigh myself lol. I'll weigh myself New Years so fingers crossed!
  • heronh
    Options
    This just pop into my head. Everybody has a set weight range that the body wants to be be in. Some has a wider range some don't.
    For example, Gina Carano, the ex MMA fighter. She has a history for not being able to make weight because her body just don't/can't go any lower. And we are talking a professional that has a team to help her reach her weight.
    My takeaway? Find your own range, make peace with it and be happy! That is one of my goals for next year.
  • heronh
    Options
    (Posting from phone had to break it in 2)

Now that I've found an activity that I love, learned not to over trained and has accumulated new knowledge about nutrition, I'm going to train hard, eat right and see what happens. I won't be chasing a specific weight number, though I do have a body fat goal of 24% I'm at 27% right now so it's very doable
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Hi Ho Hi Ho Off to work I go. Happy Saturday Folks!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Good morning everybody. It's Saturday and almost weigh-in day for me.

Heron, I was just being silly posting my 'pet'. :)

All who posted their pet pictures, they are all so adorable.

Kris, are your pictures before or after 'the big fight'? :)

TJ, I totally get the dessert thing. My cousin was in her usual holiday baking mode this year, so there were plenty of cookies, caramels (MY FAVORITE) and fudge. I did have my share.

Mark, AR-15 construction. Now that's the way to spend Christmas (wow now that I think of it, it was a year ago that I did my AR build - holy cow!!!!)

Kim, oh my! Biscuits and gravy would put me to sleep. I would be totally useless the rest of the day for sure.

Carol, let's team up and help Kris with her Diet Coke habit. You distract her while I get all the Diet Cokes out of her house. Kris, SQUIRREL!!!!

John, have a good day at work.

Ok, I think I've been silly enough this morning.

Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, guys. Happy Saturday!
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Quick check in from the deer blind....

I've got to find myself a lease... Happy Saturday y'all. Aaaaahhhhhh... I feel good. More than 6 hours sleep, two nights in a row.
  • jeffreyschmitt34
    jeffreyschmitt34 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day 27
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh snap.. smoked ribs....smoked mac n cheese. ...
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of my cat...I'll have to get one to join in on the fun!

8 miles--longest run thus far

Felt great. I'll share the elevation changes too that Nike+ records. It's not entirely accurate because it doesn't account for up and down within a mile just total elevation change.

7:59 +30ft
    8:47 +43ft
    9:02 +34ft
    9:12 +5ft
    8:51 -30ft
    8:28 -21ft
    8:19 -5ft
    7:29 -5ft

18:08 8:31/mile

Doesn't add up to 0 like it should...but it gets the point across. I start at my house and run straight down a highway until 4 miles then turn back around. But you can see it's uphill there and downhill back haha and it's reflected in my times.

Some takeaways...when I got back home I wasn't really tired or breathing too hard. I kept a pretty steady pace. I can feel my body starting to cramp up a little bit including my stomach. I tried to gorge on water but now that I'm getting into these longer distances I might need to look into electrolyte packets to bring with me. My knee (I have Osgood-Schlatter disease) is really stiff and will definitely require ice after long distances. I am incredibly comfortable running long distances. This is definitely my sport. The longer these runs get the more books I'll be getting through. Started an audiobook called Babbit by Sinclair Lewis (he wrote another one called It Can't Happen Here which is amazing) and I should be done with it by next week!

Drink more water today everyone!
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I have animals! not home. Will post soon.
    Chris- I NEED to drink more water. Will try. Going to repost the 7 day water challenge on Jan1st. That plus Jen's Jaunt and Whole 30... how can I fail?? LOL