12 week challenge for 2015

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Julie, you're doing great!
    Dawn, keep focusing on being strong- seems like the scale usually follows the non-scale victories!

Goals met this week. My deficit wasn't as big this week, which I am fine with. Next week will be a maintenance "break" week, so I'm trying to be super strict for the next several days.
    Lift on!
  • JoanMSittler
    JoanMSittler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations girls on getting over half way through your 12 week challenge. I haven't read all your posts but will come back to do that later today. This kind of challenge is exactly what I'm looking for. Goal setting. Progress reports. Goal achievement. And COMMITMENT to a plan and to each other for support. GOOD JOB ALL!!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Month is almost over so here is the progress report as we get closer to that goal line.

Lose maybe 10-15 lbs. - 169. Start of month was slow but then it steadily dropped. Almost to 10lbs lost.

Lower body fat percentage - will check when get to gym before 11pm and progress pictures to come when coworker has time to come over.

100 bench - it's an accessory lift, won't get 100 but am working my way up slowly.

OHP - right now doing alongside front squats and we'll see how stage 2 goes with that front squat/push press combo when I get there.

Squat - the high rep range was quite different. Don't think I'll be using the big plates for a while still and that is okay.

Deadlift - goal achieve but I won't see that high of number again for a long while, not at the higher rep ranges.

Start NROL4W - accomplished and well in progress.

Should start couch to 5k soon as well once I get more settled in my work schedule as it changed yet again. Have a few weeks left to push through and enjoying the workouts so far.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Dawn, good job!

Maintenance and rest week is over. It's so hard going back to a deficit, but I must keep going.
    This week:
    Lift X 4
    Cardio X 2
    115 grams/day protein
    Eat at a deficit
    Eat 2 veggies a day(I struggle with this- not much on greens)
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Dawn-congrats on the loss and goals! WTG!

Bbc-that is hard! But good for you resting the week and refueling before going back to a deficit. I'm kind of in s similar spot, but giving the higher cals 2 weeks :)

My goals:
    1. Lift 3x/week - this is my main goal. I've gotten good with this and want to keep this as a habit! - on target even with gym changes this may falter in a few weeks as my new gym is delayed :(.
    2. Add weight to DLs and squat-get to my body weight by end of year. (Not a first 12 week goal, but progress will happen in there). - not doing dLs in my current program :( I'll be back to them in s few weeks. Squats are better-deeper and around 80lvs but much better form and no knee brace today!
    3. Lose the holiday gain, then 5 real lbs. I would like to reach 152lbs solidly by the end of 12 weeks (losing fat that is). - well, the scale isn't budging, but my jeans are looser! I'm actually raising calories for 2 weeks and changing my eating pattern, again!
    4. Continue to keep my metabolism humming :). Been doing metabolism repair this year and made good progress (body temp is my metric). - all good here. Incorporating more carbs daily helps with this too now. :)
    I look pretty good and feel great! I'm not sure that's s good metric, but it sure is nice!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what my goals were lol Hang on a tick...

1. Lift 3x week Supercharged - Done.
    2. Fun cardio and just keeping active throughout the normal work day. - Done. So far this week (since Sunday), I've lifted twice and done some fun cardio three times!
    3. Stick to my intuitive eating and aim to go with the flow instead of trying to control everything all the damn time. - Doing good. Struggle around TOM but working on remembering that everything evens out in the end.
    4. Work on pull-ups. I want to be able to do 10 in a row (chin-up, pull-up and neutral grip) by my birthday in May. - Up to 4x6 chin-ups
    5. Ignore the freaking scale. - I may have stood on it the other day sneakily.
    6. Handstand practice!! I want to walk on my hands! :smiley: - Haven't done this, need to do it :smile:
    7. Hit the trampoline - forward & back somersaults (yikes!) I guess that's fun cardio lol - Apparently I'm scared of heights. Still working on it!
    8. Try not to kill or injure myself doing 6 & 7 :wink: - so far I'm still alive!

Oh good gracious today is looking to be one of those finished with several shots of vodka.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    DNA-you sound busy! You're hitting your goals though which is wonderful!!

Not sure when our 12 weeks is up? I'll go back and do the math. It is soon though I think. I will NOT be hitting my weight loss goal though. Sigh. I am however happy to be focused on my overall health, fitness and well being instead of obsessed with the scale. That wasn't a specific goal, but I'm very happy about it! :smiley:
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    Ok, it looks like March 26 will be our last day, 12 weeks from January 1. I'm up for another challenge after this one if anyone is interested. I like having a vague awareness of a deadline :open_mouth:
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    I'll update on the goals in a few days since on the 15th I do my monthly measurements. I'm up for another challenge afterwards as well. Need to get the pre-summer goals figured out even if some may be generic. Though I may need to make a goal of figuring out more specific goals so that when I get asked again, I'll have an answer. lol
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Hit my goals last week. Had a good week of exercise, but I wasn't really happy with my food choices.

I'm up for another challenge as well.
    I was really hoping to have hit 50lbs lost by the end of May. I've still got 8 lbs to go. Not sure I can make it, but losing another inch off my waist would be nice regardless of weight loss.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'll join in for the next challenge if you guys do another
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join your next challenge, please. I did NROL4W several years ago and think a challenge will help to keep me on track.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Update time

I did weight and measurement updates today so it's a good time to see how we are doing near the end of this challenge.

Lose maybe 10-15 lbs. - 166. My excel says I was at about 179 at start of year, so that makes 13 lost and goal achieved. Long as I don't gain 4 :wink:

Lower body fat percentage - Smidge, it went down less than 2 percent, according to the handheld device that can be off by 4 percent. Long as it goes down throughout the year, that's what will matter till I can do an accurate one when I'm not obese and what not.

100 bench - not happening unless on the last day I try for a 1 rep max. Oh well, I can add this goal for next time or maybe hope to get there in summer.

OHP - can do 3x8 at 55 so that's not too bad considering my upper body strength needs work.

Squat - had made goal before, now at 115 for NROLFW which isn't too bad. Hope to make body weight some day in the future (which will be easier when I try in future since that is decreasing).

Deadlift - miss doing low rep, high weight but I'll get back to that 200 some day.

Start NROL4W - accomplished and well in progress. 3 left for stage 1 with one of them being tonight after work.

Also, started couch to 5k training. Even figured out how to make my own music playlist using a cue audio that was available. Am on week 2 with 13 weeks to go until my first fun run 5k.Still no progress pictures but trying to work around two schedules (where I am working 6 days a week right now) in order to get coworker over so she can take them for me. Maybe by April I will have a picture in my profile. Maybe.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Dawn, BOOM! Great progress! 13lbs since Jan is incredible.
    Janer & small, welcome! One of us will start a new challenge thread when we get closer. Just jump in!

Goals not really met this week. Kids were sick, then I got sick....this week will be better.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Thanks. Hope you are feeling better.
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I fell in love with heavy lifting in April with NROLFW and moved right in to Supercharged after that. I was due to finish Basic Training 4 this week but have lost a few days due to bronchitis :pensive:

Anyway, my goals are very similar to those I've had since starting lifting:

1) lifting 3x a week, cardio 2x. I hate cardio but try to do two 30 minutes sessions basically as a calorie buffer ;)
    2) protein at 100g a day 5-6 days a week. Challenging as I'm a vegetarian, which is why I usually give myself Sat. and Sun. to be more lax about it.
    3) reduce bingeing. I would like to say binge free but want to be realistic. The most I've gotten to so far is a few weeks, maybe a month, binge-free. I know my body change would be so much more if I could cut that way down.

I've done pretty well with my goals. Consistently getting minimum 100g of protein almost every day. Haven't really fallen behind on lifting despite going on a cruise for a week last month and this week I will finish Hypertrophy 2. Made some great gains there: step ups up to 70lb barbell for the lower reps, and up to 45lb one my low rep three point rows. 90lb on the low rep lat pull downs. Push ups and squats are still kind of sucky but sloooowly improving.

My bingeing has been okay. Not great, not horrible. February was better than January and so far, March is better than February. Not perfect, but improving.

I am down five pounds in the last four weeks so that's good, but haven't noticed much change in my clothes yet.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Pudding and Dawn, you are both so great at sticking to your goals! I have to do my measurements some day this week to see if I have lost anything but I have been eating at maintenance so its unlikely. I am definitely in for a new challenge. I need to start eating at a deficit again, I just couldn't do it for the last month or so, I needed a break!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    On my phone, so trying to remember it all off the top of my head lol

I'm up to 4x6 chin-ups. It's not my birthday yet, so there's still time. Walking on my hands is almost there :smile:
    I gave up on the trampoline thing - kept thinking I would fall off lol The tramp needs a new mat, so no bouncing until it's replaced :wink:

Still lifting 3x week and having fun slotting in different things around it. I have found a running buddy in my 7yo! Went for our first run together in Sunday afternoon and had a really good time. He wants to go again on Wednesday :smile:

Eating is going well. Still struggle with the over-restricting mindset every now and then, but it's getting less. No, I'm not overly ripped, I'm a little fluffy, but I still fit in my jeans, haven't gained weight, and my lifting has improved heaps :smiley:

Just gonna keep on keeping on :smile:
  • Julieboolieaz
    Options
    You guys are doing great hitting your goals!! So happy!

My knee is still sore and protests when I try some new things, like mountain climbers this week. Not well received :( I'm between gyms so I'm trying makeshift lifting at home. I've only got 20lb Dbs, a few 5 and 2.5 lb plates, and a Swiss ball. I'm doing pretty well with it, trying some new moves and making up my own little routines! Kind of empowering and fun! Can't beat the commute though ;) and fewer excuses to miss! I'll be back to update next Friday for our last check in. Another challenge would be great!!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5.5 pounds in the last four weeks :)