animated-eat-and-drink-image-0093.gifI won't eat a cookie,
Not even a lick!
I'll just have to chew
On a celery stick!

animated-eat-and-drink-image-0006.gifI won't have hot biscuits,
Or corn bread or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot,
And quietly sigh.

animated-feeling-smiley-image-0256.gifI'm hungry...I'm lonesome...
And life is a bore!
But isn't that what
January is for?

No fun at the party,
No longer a riot!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,
AND TO ALL A GOOD DIET!

animated-new-years-eve-smiley-image-0043.gif

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You made my day! Happy New Year!

Resolution; More stairs! Build my stair stamina!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So Cute! Happy New Year. Just did Leslie Sansone Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles!
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love your post W3. Wishing everyone here a wonderful 2015.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    That really put a smile on my face. Happy New Year, ladies.
    I'm happy to report that the weight that went up and down by 2 pounds over the holidays has stabilized and I am down today another 1 1/2 pounds from my lowest of last year. That was a very nice way to start the new year as I had not been loosing too much in later December.
    It's nice to see everyone back and renewed for our continuing journey.

Here's to a Happy, Healthy and Lighter New Year.

Janet in Myrtle Beach, SC
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WTG Janet in Myrtle Beach! A great start to the new year. I just finished my last walk in TN for a while. Did 3.8 miles in beautiful Edwin Warner Park in Nashville. We heading home to the cold in Northeast Indiana tomorrow. Will miss the hills, streams and trees on the walks here. I'll have flat roads and cornstalks and bean stubble for a view at home and a lot of wind blowing. The forecast for Monday and Tuesday is 2"- 4" of snow. :\ Takes some of the fun out of walking. Hopefully I can get the bike out in a couple of months. Can't wait to get home and weigh in though. Haven't weighed since the 24th so am anxious to see how I've done. I've been under my limit since we've been down here so hopefully I've dropped a pound or two. Happy New Year everyone.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Very cute!!! Happy New Year to all of us! o:)
  • keyauwee
    keyauwee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clever intro to January and 2015! Here I go again ... Turning 65 last month and having to go on blood pressure meds was a wake-up call to quit berating myself and do what I know I need to do to get fit and healthy. First thing is to get rid of (for good) these extra 35 pounds I'm lugging around. Going to be an interesting year. I'm moving ... twice! Well, I'm relocating in North Carolina and will also begin spending half my year with my daughter in Oregon. Looking forward to getting to know you all as we journey to improve our lives! Happy New Year!
  • NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That was a great intro to 2015!! I can barely figure out how to find my way around in here - some folks have real creative ability! :) (*)
  • DamitJanit
    Options
    Good Jan 2nd ladies. I know with this site, many of us will reach our goals and move on to maintenance this year. How exciting is that? I haven't been to that point in about 25 years.

keyauwee, where are you moving in NC? I was in Charlotte before we retired to Myrtle Beach. And yes, the years keep ticking away so there is no time like the present to get with the program. Today is the day, every day.

Welcome to all the new people. You can all be successful and this group will definitely help. Just remember, if you fall off the horse--get back on it asap. It will always be there for us.

If you would, please put your name (you want us to call you) and location at the bottom of your posts. That helps some of us oldies get to know you better and perhaps remember who you are.

Have a great and healthy day.

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    A fun post to start us off again! Thank you x

I really feel that January has started now.......Christmas decs are put away...my son and his girl friend have gone back home to London and something that has been hovering in my life for the past three weeks...I have just got back from a funeral...... the Dad of a friend of mine, a lovely man, Ron.

So now I feel able to start the New Year properly..... so looking forward to a happy and healthy time in the months ahead......lots of planned events and trips to negotiate but should be plain sailing with mfp friends and Weight Watchers

Good luck to everyone whatever stage you are at.......

Jean from West Yorkshire UK

• learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the holidays this year more than ever! Planning to stick with my eating plan and doing 10,000 steps a day in January. I'm turning 65 this year and retiring in 20 months.

Joni from Louisville, KY
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. you made me smile.... and tonight after work.. my walking DVD will be put into action... BEFORE I do anything else... I can and I WILL GET at least a 2 mile walk in!!!
  • keyauwee
    keyauwee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're all ready to go! Janet, (Love the DamitJanit, I'm a big Rocky fan!), I live in the middle of the Uwharrie National Forest near Badin Lake. I'm moving to the town of Star, population 870, in the same area.

Marla from Troy, NC
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thank you W3. That was a fun intro. We can all use more laughs as we work on our new selves.

I wish all of you a wonderful year with only a few bumps in your journey. Looking forward to many of you joining the maintenance club in 2015.

Wanda from Tortola, BVI. (Oh...go look it up!)
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    bvifun wrote: »

Wanda from Tortola, BVI. (Oh...go look it up!)

Love, love, love Tortola! I've been able to visit 3 times -- via cruise ship -- and hoping to do an extended stay some time.

w3 from Mesa, AZ
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Wooken, you are the best for making everything fun. Happy New Year
  • Lyndal816
    Lyndal816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    What a fun way to start the new year. Thanks for the smiles...
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I am sick of winter. I'm ready for warm weather. At least the days are starting to get longer. Winter is my LET's SNUGGLE IN AND BAKE STUFF AND EAT EVERYTHING time of year. :p

If I could have one thing about me changed, I would swap out whatever evil chromosomes/ genes make me crave carbs and avoid exercise. I've always been this way. It is just who I am, and getting older does NOT make it easier to change, dammit. :(

*end of rant*

• DamitJanit
    Options
    Crisbtrue wrote: »
    Good morning!
    If I could have one thing about me changed, I would swap out whatever evil chromosomes/ genes make me crave carbs and avoid exercise. I've always been this way. It is just who I am, and getting older does NOT make it easier to change, dammit. :(

*end of rant*

Cris, I know what you mean. I grew up eating and loving meat and potatoes and always had bread at meals. It's so hard to get out of that comfortable eating style. And I'm with you on the exercise. I hate it and it's so hard on my back but when I do it I just tell myself that "I can do this even if I don't like it". And I do it so I won't be a bag of bones and flab when I get where I want to go. But what really encourages me, other than these great ladies, is when I step on the scale. Today I have lost 29 pounds since mid October. I am so encouraged that I may add some reps to my exercise today. :)
    No one said it would be easy, but I believe the reward is worth it and the great thing is I don't live my life hungry. The amazing thing is, I don't even think about food all the time like I used to.
    We can do this. I'm excited at the thought of shopping for clothes out of the "Women's" section. Life is grand.
    Have a great day, all and keep up the good work.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Crisbtrue wrote: »
    Good morning!

I am sick of winter. I'm ready for warm weather. At least the days are starting to get longer. Winter is my LET's SNUGGLE IN AND BAKE STUFF AND EAT EVERYTHING time of year. :p

*end of rant*

I hear ya. Three things are motivating me.

a) If I'm going to any kind of function or meet-up, I'm sick of looking at the pile of clothes, spread all over the bed, that I tried on before finding anything I could stand to appear in.

b) My brain. I had a small, small stroke last year and I'm really noticing a difference -- beyond the usual CRS. This is unacceptable. I need to do everything in my power to preserve my mind - hence activity, good nutrition and mental exercises.

c) On Facebook, (with which I have a love/hate relationship), a goodly number of my 60'sish friends post about bike treks, or ski weekends, or hikes, or mountain climbing or (holy cripes) wind-sailing!!! This, amplified daily by the good women here who I can relate to age-wise and challenge-wise. Been looking for that for some time and it really helps me.

I think real change is possible - despite the deck we've been dealt genetically.

best of everything