Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Challenge: 15 in 15 weeks, in 2015!

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Hi Friends!

I'm not dead, but it was close ;)
    My plan:
    4x 351 for PL workouts a week
    3x conditioning workouts a week
    2 5:2 fast days a week
    Eating reasonably well the rest of the week except deadlift day. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Well I had the plague or something similar for 2 weeks, and then this past week was finals, and some residual illness. I've found if I try to train when sick it gets much worse so I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks oO. I also ate horribly. I get the crazy carb craves while sick. Nevertheless this past week I at least squeezed in 2 fast days. I'm up 2lbs from my last pre-sick weigh in, but I'm not sure if I'm up water weight from carbs, down water weight from not lifting, if it's a wash, if fat is mixed in etc. I'm down from where I started before the challenge though so that's a victory in and of itself. Times when I can't train are usually the times i gain everything back :( I'm excited to get back to the gym tomorrow. I have 2 weeks off of school so I'll be able to hit the gym hard after work during the week as well.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2015
    I just downloaded the app and found this thread and the group. My first sticking point was how to start when they were only addressing men.

So my starting date is April 1 (I have a 3-hour Zumba master class today, a 2-hour Groove workshop tomorrow, a 6-hour bike tour next Saturday and a 6-hour Zumba training next Sunday)

This thread will be used to
    1. My goal is to reduce my BF% and I don't know how much is possible in 15 weeks. I don't need to lose weight.

I can't give specifics yet because this is the first information I've gotten on how to proceed, but I will post here on April 1.

(2. check-in on your progress weekly (pl0x!), 3. report whether you made it or not at the end, 4. Gather everyone together for some good ol' school moral support)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Hi there.

So, I've read a couple of your posts actually, saw the one about the app addressing men, and it took until now for me to realize that hello kitty pic is also a mermaid. Wow.

Anyways, welcome! That is a long time of zumba. I really need to catch even just an hour class but it's always so packed at the gym, I haven't braved it yet. Anyways, we'll look forward to your posts in April. :smile:

I just use a notebook so add up the weights myself, so I am not much help on app usage but I'll be around the cheer and such. I'm starting Stage 2 in New Rules of Lifting for Women in April but can't wait to some day do stronglifts again.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    @47Jacqueline‌ , I just started with the 45 lb bar per the program, men or women. I did have trouble doing that with OHP so started with a 30 lb fixed bar and got up to 45 quickly. All other lifts I did as program outlined.
  • Sumiblue
    SW-137 (Jan. 1)
    CW-127
    10 lbs lost!! I lost 2 lbs last week. Only measured waist, hips, thigh & bicep and all went down. I am thrilled! My scale says I've lost around 3% BF since I bought it (Jan-Feb).
  • Fittreelol
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    SW-137 (Jan. 1)
    CW-127
    10 lbs lost!! I lost 2 lbs last week. Only measured waist, hips, thigh & bicep and all went down. I am thrilled! My scale says I've lost around 3% BF since I bought it (Jan-Feb).

Congrats! Remember that time you wanted to quit? Aren't you happy we made you stay :p:Do:)
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    threnjen wrote: »

a) SL 5x5 3 times weekly
    b) Walk a minimum of 8000 steps daily on my Vivofit (or at least average 8000/daily for the week)
    c) Continue to average a 1lb/week deficit
    d) make dinner at home at least 3 nights a week, and eat at home (or home cooked meals at friends or family) at least 5 nights a week.
    e) eat out at lunch no more than twice a week

Check-in:

SW 1/05: 122.4
    CW 3/23: 117

a) Yes! Yay!
    b) average for week was high, don't have my phone but it was over 12k a day :)
    c) Ish...
    d) I think I did. But, the kids went on vacation with my parents for three nights and we have been enjoying a lot of dates...
    e) Yes

• Sumiblue
    @Fittreelol‌ , yes! Right after I had my little hissy fit the fat started melting off. Or maybe it was the flue that did it
  • DawnEmbers
    Awesome job everyone. I'm going to report back on the 26th as that's when the 12 week challenge ends over in the other group. Might as well update both on the same day.
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    @sumiblue - Yay for getting over the hump and lowering that body fat%! That's a goal of mine too.
    Goals:
    1) Lift 3x a week.
    2) At least 20-30 push-ups on nonlifting days.
    3) 10,000 steps or more at least 5 days a week.
    4) Spinning and boxing classes once a week.
    5) Keeping within weekly calories.

1) Check.
    2) Unfortunately, this was pretty much a no-go this week. Only did a total of 60 and that was on Thursday at boxing class, where I can always count on getting a number of push-ups in.
    3) Check. 99,287 total steps for the week=14,183/day avg. Saturday was beautiful, so I went for a 4-mile run and walked 2 miles. And I'm still a little sore. lol
    4) Check.
    5) Check. I think I was under about 250-300 for the week.

Weight (weigh-in day on Friday's):
    SW 172 lbs.
    CW 156 lbs.

• DawnEmbers
    Wow, it had been loner than I thought since I actually posted an update in here. 12 week challenge from other group ended today so I'm doing lots of updating on goals. Still have a couple of weeks left in this challenge though. Let's see what is left.

Lose 10-15 lbs. - 163. The first post I did on this challenge was January 6th and weight was 177, so I'm at 14 so far. Sounds good to me.

Lower body fat percentage based on gym tester device. - It went down a tiny bit when I checked it on 3rd. Long as it trends down for now, that will be sufficient since methods aren't the most reliable for accuracy.

Bench - No 100. Managed 3x8 @ 85, so hoping I can get into the 90's at some point. Maybe I'll make 100 in summer. Working on some upper body accessories so hope it helps.

Squat - Nothing big now, as the 150 goal was achieved awhile ago though stage 2 doesn't have regular squat... But my bodyweight is getting lower so I might reach that goal one day.

OHP - On 55 for OHP but got 3x8 well enough. Stage 2 has front squat/push press, which is like overhead and I'm holding the bar the same way so maybe I'll progress a little. Not sure 75 but in the 60's at least again.

Deadlift - Nothing changed here. Stage 2 on the box also says not to have rest on floor between sets, so yeah... Will do lighter weights this stage.

Start NROL4W or ICF - Finished a whole stage in NROLFW.

Addition: Start couch 2 5k training as might sign up for June 5k.- On week 3 of couch to 5k and should do week 4 very soon. Though I foresee repeated some of these future weeks as I can't imagine doing week 7's 25 minute jog just yet.

Now to look at the Month goals and figure out how that went so I can think about April. Fun times.
  • Sumiblue
    Great job, @DawnEmbers‌ !
  • crabada wrote: »
    Goal: Lose 15 pounds (or more) in 15 weeks
    Start date: January 2
    End date: April 17

The plan:
    * 5x5, 3x week
    * 3-mile walks, at least 3x week
    * Stay within calorie range for the week; adjust range downwards to help reach 1 lb. per week loss when necessary
    * Eat an apple with breakfast daily
    * Plan meals and pack lunches on days I can't come home
    * Limit soda (I have a weird rules for myself on this one that aren't worth explaining here)
    * Measurements once a month

01/02 (Starting weight): 0 lbs.
    01/09: -2.0 lbs.
    01/16: -1.7 lbs. / Challenge total: -3.7 lbs.
    01/23: +0.5 lbs. / Challenge total: -3.2 lbs.
    01/30: -3.8 lbs. / Challenge total: -7.0 lbs. (Thank you, flu!)
    02/07: +0.8 lbs. / Challenge total: -6.2 lbs.
    02/14: No change / Challenge total: -6.2 lbs.
    02/21: -0.3 lbs. / Challenge total: - 6.5 lbs.
    02/28: -1.7 lbs. / Challenge total: - 8.2 lbs.
    03/06: ?? Bye week / Challenge total: -8.2 lbs.
    03/13: -1.6 lbs. / Challenge total: -9.8 lbs.
    03/20: ?? Didn't weigh in / Challenge total: -9.8 lbs.
    03/27: -1.4 lbs. / Challenge total: -11.2 lbs.

03/27 - So happy that I'm still losing even though my food hasn't been exactly on point and I've not been to the gym in weeks. It's a thesis miracle! I don't think I could handle the stress of weight gain on top of all the school stuff. And it means I may actually hit the 15 lbs. mark by April 17, which would be amazing!

I've got a couple more weeks of thesis work. *Sigh* Send good thoughts and ice cream, please.

xo,
    C.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    krokador wrote: »
    1. Reinstating the "go to bed" alarm at 9:00PM on week nights. I should be in bed at 9:30 unless there's some emergency I have no control over. Thus, should average 7 hours of sleep over the week somewhat consistently
    2. Get back to completing my gratitude journal first thing in the AM and just before bed. Been losing steam here and just filling it in whenever, which kind of defeats the purpose. I'm starting to repeat myself a ton though, so I'll take a break once I'm at 100 entries (just before the end of the 105 days 15 weeks adventure. Lol whoops)
    3. Do at least 30 minutes of yoga once a week (on off days, preferably)
    4. NO going bonkers over trying to add in stuff in order to lose more. More is NOT better.
    5. 90/10 rule on food (90% lean and clean, 10% IIFYM-style). Quick calculation makes it a 2 meals, 1 snack kind of a thing. The only unaccounted for cheat I will have over the next month is Easter. Dat's Eet!
    6. Cardio (in line with #4, this is what I'm adding to my normal programming. No more, and hopefully no less):
      Week 1 - 60 min of LISS total (mini-cycle, DDR, rowing, whatever. Walking doesn't count)
      Week 2 - 30 min LISS, 15 min HIIT
      Week 3 - 45 min LISS, 20 min HIIT (hopefully I can do hill sprints at this point)
      Week 4 - 60 min LISS, 30 min HIIT (and here I can go for a run around the lake? Pl0x?)

Alright, so I think I'm going to stretch out my deadline over to April 19th because it's a Saturday and it's just better overall for me to weigh in and check measurements then. That and it will also coincide with the end of my training phase. So 3 weeks left.

I was at 192.8 this morning. Eating around maintenance for a week will do that, I guess? Scaling back the calories and will be hitting around 1650 this week (a little more aggressive than I first intended but with still 6lbs to lose in 3 weeks I'll have to pull back some carbs to make it. I may not, but I will have tried!

1. Hehe, Haha. Uh. Nope. But after my therapy session on Monday I've determined i've been trying SO HARD to get more sleeps that I've made it stressful and just need to back off and let it happen. So although I'll be tracking sleep a lil while longer, not going to worry about my totals unless I'm utterly trashed.
    2. Not perfect on this but have been doing better. I also found out I completely skipped the 19th. Oops?
    3. I did like 25 minutes on Tuesday morning. Plus a very short round of my mobility routine on Thursday night (while i was half asleep). Not as much as I would like. Was so sore this week, too!
    4. Probably been a little TOO lenient here actually, lol
    5. I did have a no-logging day last Sunday since my cousin from Florida was in town. Wasn't planned originally but one's gotta eat. I,ve been doing really well with controlling my cravings and whatnot, too, but I'm probably closer to 80/20 at the moment. Stepping it up a notch here!
    6. 20 mins of running on Sat, and like 40 mins of mini cycling while playing the wii on Sunday. I think that makes it. Onwards to week 2!

Push-ups are up to 17 without a break AFTER a full workout, rows 12 (during a rowing session nonetheless). Making progress!

21 days left gais! We got this! :)
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol wrote: »
    My plan:
    4x 351 for PL workouts a week
    3x conditioning workouts a week
    2 5:2 fast days a week
    Eating reasonably well the rest of the week except deadlift day. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

My weigh in day is Saturday so I'll check in then, and I already started at the first of the year. Yay!

Too busy to check in yesterday. I was up on weigh in day, but I'm pretty sure it's because I made my delicious dip with a hidden valley ranch dressing packet and greek yogurt. That hidden valley stuff makes me retain water like whoa. I did 2 531 for PL workouts to get me caught up so I could be on schedule this week, and giant strongman training day yesterday which is strength and cardio all in one. I did 2 other conditioning days, and had 2 fast days as well. All in all not too bad.
  • justmytype
    justmytype Posts: 117 Member
    Forgot to check in on Monday here, but better late than never!
    Goals:
    1) Lift 3x a week.
    2) At least 20-30 push-ups on nonlifting days.
    3) 10,000 steps or more at least 5 days a week.
    4) Spinning and boxing classes once a week.
    5) Keeping within weekly calories.

1) Didn't get a chance to lift last Saturday. Had all the kids over for my son's birthday dinner and was busy all day.
    2) I did average at least 20-30 push-ups on non-lifting days. If I forgot on one day, I tried to make up for it. Think I need to bump up this amount and really push myself. Boxing class always consists of lots of push-ups and they're still hard. I want to be able to do 30 with ease. NEED.TO.GET.STRONGER !!
    3) Check. 78,652 total steps for the week=11,236/day avg.
    4) Check.
    5) Last Saturday logging was not accurate, so really not sure about this one.

Weight (weigh-in day on Friday's):
    SW 172 lbs.
    CW 155 lbs.

• TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2015
    crabada wrote: »
    Goal: Lose 15 pounds (or more) in 15 weeks
    Start date: January 2
    End date: April 17

The plan:
    * 5x5, 3x week
    * 3-mile walks, at least 3x week
    * Stay within calorie range for the week; adjust range downwards to help reach 1 lb. per week loss when necessary
    * Eat an apple with breakfast daily
    * Plan meals and pack lunches on days I can't come home
    * Limit soda (I have a weird rules for myself on this one that aren't worth explaining here)
    * Measurements once a month

01/02 (Starting weight): 0 lbs.
    01/09: -2.0 lbs.
    01/16: -1.7 lbs. / Challenge total: -3.7 lbs.
    01/23: +0.5 lbs. / Challenge total: -3.2 lbs.
    01/30: -3.8 lbs. / Challenge total: -7.0 lbs. (Thank you, flu!)
    02/07: +0.8 lbs. / Challenge total: -6.2 lbs.
    02/14: No change / Challenge total: -6.2 lbs.
    02/21: -0.3 lbs. / Challenge total: - 6.5 lbs.
    02/28: -1.7 lbs. / Challenge total: - 8.2 lbs.
    03/06: ?? Bye week / Challenge total: -8.2 lbs.
    03/13: -1.6 lbs. / Challenge total: -9.8 lbs.
    03/20: ?? Didn't weigh in / Challenge total: -9.8 lbs.
    03/27: -1.4 lbs. / Challenge total: -11.2 lbs.
    04/03: -1.1 lbs. / Challenge total: -12.3 lbs.

04/03 - Very, very pleased that I'm still losing even without a ton of exercise. Also makes me think I am either overestimating my caloric intake (I try to measure everything, but sometimes have to guess), or my TDEE is higher than I thought. Been doing better with walks -- they're saving my sanity at the moment -- but haven't been to the gym to lift in exactly one month. This is weirdly not stressing me out, but I do miss it. May take measurements tomorrow. I'm overdue, but it's not a huge priority at the moment. Soda intake has gone up considerably these last two weeks or so, but again, not worried about it. I'll quit it again after the thesis is turned in. Apple intake is down. Guess I should work on that.

Almost at the end with this thesis. Keep the hugs coming.

xo,
    C.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    I... don't even want to get on the scale this week. The only thing I've kept up with this week is yoga and cardio. I'm definitely not making the 15lbs and I may not even make it down to 190 considering the week I,ve just had. It's depressing to say the least. I'm not sure what happened in my head, there was a short circuit somewhere and I just went ballistic on junk food. (Still haven't quite put my finger on it, either. I feel like a doctor treating the symptoms instead of the root cause but as long as I don't find said root cause I'm in a pickle, eh).

Probably ruined the past 2 month's efforts right there (esp. since I actually didn't lose ANYTHING over march anyway). Ugh. That's all I got to say. Ugh.
  • Krok, as hard as it is, try not to beat yourself over this. Being mad or disappointed in yourself isn't going to help anything and could make it worse.

Have you considered keeping a food journal -- not a log, but a journal? When you eat, make a quick entry about how you're feeling, rank your hunger, etc. I'm sure you could find an article that would give more (and better) suggestions on how to create and use one. It might help you figure out what's happening when you're making your choices.

Just a thought.

xo,
    C.
  • Sumiblue
    Hang in there, Krokador! You will get back to where you want to be mentally and physically. Good job on keeping up with yoga and cardio (cardio is so hard for me!). You push yourself very hard with your workouts. Maybe you just needed a break. I'm finding eating more and having a smaller deficit to be really helpful. If I try to eat at a steeper deficit I end up bingeing eventually.Its a mental thing more than hunger.