Pot Bellied Stove / Water Cooler

Replies

• cjdigsindirt
    cjdigsindirt Posts: 23 Member
    Hi, thought I would pop in to say hi. I am meeting some friends for lunch today and it will be nice to get out of the house. I'll also take those muffins I made last night with me for my friend who is diabetic. She should like those and can toss them in the freezer for later too.

I almost wasn't able to sleep last night, I tried so hard to go to bed with hubby and go to sleep. This is what I have discovered after all these years. He snores, I knew that but I didn't know it was a problem for me until last night. Lately I have been going to the room and getting set up with my ice packs and watching the news. I generally fall asleep to the TV noise, then hubby comes in and turns the TV off so he can go to sleep. If I am in a deep enough sleep I can stay in bed and sleep a few hours but last night I didn't go to the room in time. I noticed he was snoring and I couldn't get to sleep, lol. I finally got out of bed and waited a few hours. So, I will not wait to go to bed, I will go in there at least one hour before him so I can get relaxed and be asleep before he gets there, lol. Well, that's part of the problem anyway. Maybe I can keep a sleep pattern going for night-time. :smiley:

Cjdigsindirt-Your garden sounds fantastic and I'd sure like to know what you do with all that turkey you have left over. I have a 12 pounder here and don't have a clue what to do with it which means it's in the freezer, lol. I have an entire ham too, aye aye aye, why did I buy that stuff. I had grand illusions that I would have a bunch of people over but the truth of it is, most of the time we just go somewhere else, lol. The days of having a lot of people over are way gone, there is no way I can entertain like that anymore because I wouldn't be standing or able to really concentrate on anyone past all my pain from standing while doing all that prep work.

Mygnsac-Wow, that was fast the pic is already gone, lol. Nice work MFP!

I hope you all have a great day, it's about 12:00 pm and 79 degrees outside. I still don't have the a/c going but the humidity will be coming back with the rain we are getting in a couple of days. I can expect the humidity to pick up starting tonight.

I am going to slice the breast and cover it with broth then freeze. I think the broth keeps it moist. Then I pull of the legs and thighs and put them in freezer bags for soup later on. Same with the rest of it. Often times I will cook up the remaining bones for broth and let it cool then strain and put in containers for turkey broth. I like to make a version of tortilla soup but use the turkey broth instead of chicken. I also try to save some of the better parts of the thigh meat and cube it up and pack in freezer containers for soup. We generally only eat the breast meat but I hate to pay the price for just one of those and I do really like making soup later on in the colder winter months. It is nice to just pull out one of the thigh and legs and put right in a pot of water and simmer it (frozen) for soup.
  • cjdigsindirt
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Morning everyone.

I woke up this morning thinking it was tomorrow. Bummer! It's a short work week, but it's sure moving slowly.

We're having a little rain today. After this storm passes it's supposed to get colder. Lows down into the 30s, highs in the 50s. We'll have a chilly Thanksgiving.

I was so sleepy yesterday. I wound up falling asleep at around 7 pm last night (a rarity for me!) and didn't wake up until 3 am. Of course, then I was wide awake and couldn't get back to sleep. Just puttered around the house until it was time to go to work.

The morning talk radio show that I listen to has been having nearly non-stop turkey talk. I think he's inspired me to brine a turkey. Maybe next month. It's been a long time since I cooked a whole turkey, and I've never brined one before.

Anew, have you tried using foam ear plugs? I have to use them to go to sleep. Otherwise I wake up too easily. I buy a box of 200 pairs twice a year. My Dad used to snore so loudly when I was a kid. I don't know how my Mom ever got any sleep. This was back in the days when he was overweight, smoked, and drank beer. He rarely snores anymore.

Carla, I hope you aren't too lonely on Thanksgiving!

I know, I am already bored to death! Tony left on the 18th.
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Popping it to see hi. Didn't realize I had a problem even when it was more narrow. Hubby says I'm not observant - maybe he's right. Week has been full and tomorrow I'll do all the food stuff along with going to a program for 2 of the grands. Don't know when I'll have time for my long chat so will wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Good Morning. The comment section here is "back to normal". I still don't like having to scroll down through a huge list of names to get to our topics. But, I'll get over it.

Anew, I am wearing the new shoes around the house for a little while to get used to them. So far, I can wear them 2 1/2 to 3 hours before I start feeling discomfort. But, even the discomfort I feeling with these is not anything like before with dress shoes, so, I'm happy.

I got distracted with email this morning and now John is up, so I need to cut this short again.

• arobed53
    Week has sped by. Babysitting on Monday went fine. Tuesday morning I had an appointment and tried to finish up my shopping. Then we had Good News Club in the afternoon. I thought I had a lot to do today but I'm done and it's still not bedtime so it didn't take as long as I thought. The preschool program was cute this morning but I had a hard time hearing so Ralph could just enjoy watching. He liked the refreshments afterwards. We stopped and picked up a couple of things I had forgotten and came home and ate some leftovers. Then I baked a Marie Callendar pie (berry), made 3 pumpkin pies (crusts were in the freezer), hardboiled and deviled 2 dozen eggs, cut up some vegetables for the relish tray, set up the tables, did the dishes (more than once) and made cranberry sauce. Tomorrow I just have to do the hams, BBQ green beans and set the tables. Others are bringing the rolls, potatoes, salad, black olives, other desserts, etc. I don't do all of this meal. :) My husband assured me Tuesday, that we didn't need to buy a bag of ice cause it would get cold and I could put the drinks in the garage. Well, it got up to 67 today. The drinks are in the garage, but... When I take the hams out of the fridge in the morning, I'll put in what drinks I can. I have been making ice so hopefully, it will be enough.
    We are supposed to be getting rain and cold so Ralph got the trash burned tonight before it got wet. He had to wait for the wind to die down. Nice to have that out of the way. Alan also surprised me and got the non working pickup and wrecked car pulled away from the front of the house and got the old stove off the front porch.
    My appointment Tuesday was with the RSV research thing I'm doing. Now I'll get a weekly phone call and I got the first one today. They asked how I was doing. I said fine and we wished each other a Happy Thanksgiving and that was it and I'll get $10 for that. As long as I stay healthy, this will be easy to do.

Anew, hope you got to bed and asleep before you hubby. Glad that you getting things figured out to make you feel better. Glad we can help each other. Maybe I'll try with the freezer again the next time I defrost it. Just keep sharing what you do. Yay, on the fun lunch out. Boo on the long wait on road repair.

Marcie, glad you get to have a 4 day weekend. You've been working so hard, it will be a nice break for you. Enjoy your meal out. We a chick-fil-a and enjoy it once in awhile. Never had a coupon for a free sandwich like Isabella though.

Carla, your garden sounds wonderful. The fence should help keep rabbits out. Just curious, what statin is Tony on? You've done great with figuring out what best to do.

Sheryl, glad those new shoes are getting broken in well. What will you fix for you and John to eat tomorrow?
    Well, I'll send this off and then post what the daughter-in-laws read at Emily funeral. Anew said she'd like to read them so I'll put them out.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
  • arobed53
    Katie read this poem. They had given it to Emily for Christmas one year.

My Sister
    (Forever a draft!)
    By Christine Dillon

My sister is a burden, many say
    She cannot walk, she cannot talk
    She must be bathed, she must be fed
    She is such a burden, is what they say

My sister is a blessing, I respond
    Her bright smile fills the room
    Her happy spirit cheers our family
    My sister is the blessing, is what I say

My sister is deprived, the experts declare
    Her quality of life is sub-optimal
    Oh, how she must suffer, constrained
    in such a body
    She is destitute, is what they say

My sister has a response which they
    cannot understand
    If quality of life was measured by joy
    and cheerfulness,
    By the size of a smile or the quality of a laugh
    My sister has a better life than they will ever know

My sister is unproductive, DAILY
    calculations state
    Society will never get back the labor
    invested in her
    She has reduced the economic productivity
    of our country
    She doesn't contribute to our society,
    is what they say

My sister is a teacher, I reply with a grin
    She provides the opportunity for others to show perfect love
    For, is this not our most valuable skill?
    My sister brings out the best in our society, is what I say

My sister should be pitied, the
    righteous announce
    She will never win a swimming competition
    Never get first place in a spelling bee,
    or learn ballet
    We should be grateful for our abilities,
    is what they say

My sister knows a secret, they do not
    True happiness does not come from
    possessions, competition and success
    But from unhindered love, unconstrained
    by worldly concerns
    My sister knows true happiness, of this,
    I am sure
  • arobed53
    Lindsey wrote this and then read it - tells a lot of Emily's life.

Sometimes parents choose to raise a special needs child. Other times God chooses for them. Because He knows, just as he knows every detail of our lives, that a family is capable, even if they themselves may not know it yet. Jim and Lori you were chosen for Emily. Not because of some great skill set or abilities, but because God knew you were loving and steady and faithful. And Emily’s life was richer because of this.

Emily was born as most babies are, surrounded by joyful smiles, congratulations, and kisses on soft cheeks that had been 9 months in the waiting. She was taken home with her parents’ dreams of who she would be and what she would do all bundled up in pink. Those precious hours did not last long though, as soon it was clear something was very wrong. Hospitals and tests and needles and tubes and the whispers of the reality....she may not make it. Emily was a fighter though; she was from the start. She survived. And though she did not look or act or develop as we all prayed to God that she would, she created a new vision of what life could look like. While we mourned the little girl we thought we would know, one that would run and jump and sing and tell jokes, marry or travel the world, Emily showed us there were still things to celebrate....still things she wanted us to learn. From her we learned to smile through the pain that she carried for 13 years. And a small smile wouldn’t do, it should be a smile that lights up our whole face and shows every tooth. We learned to look at the world with a childlike awe, as she never failed to brighten at a new song or sound. We learned to focus on the pretty things as she loved lights and songs and beautiful glittering toys. We also learned who to trust. Emily knew the ones who loved her and reserved her most special joy for them.

Jim, it was a joy to watch you parent Emily. You did it with goofiness and silliness that brought smiles to often serious situations. You played games and teased and touched and laughed with her, even when the fun was not returned. You always served her needs first, feeding, changing, moving positions, all came before your wants. You sacrificed holidays and Sundays, school events and workouts. There was no doubt that Emily was daddy’s little girl.

Lori, you are a picture of courage and steadfastness and faithfulness. You continued on, day after day, never complaining, never grumbling, and never giving in to self-pity. I’m sure those days and moments were there, and that’s ok, but Emily would never know. You sacrificed work, and space, and holidays, and Sundays as well and you kept on faithfully. Emily knew your sacrificial love.

Thomas, Emily was the luckiest of little girls to have you as her big brother. From day one you’ve been her playmate, her voice and her help. I have memories of you zooming by in play but you never once missed an opportunity to pause to give a kiss or tuck a blanket closer in. When you began to learn that Emily was different than other kids and that it might not always be viewed as a positive thing by the public you became her protector and her defender and it was a job you did wonderfully. You will be a better man because of the compassion and love that you selflessly gave your sister these last 13 years.

Jeremiah, Lucy, Paige and Maggie, you were siblings that brought joy and smiles to Emily often. She loved to be your jungle gym, your push toy and your watchful friend. You handled the often complicated scheduling of two parents having to balance who will stay home and who will go. You rarely got to have your family all at one event together but you didn’t complain. You understood and loved Emily enough to let it go. Emily was so blessed to have you.

Emily lived a hard fought life but it wasn’t without joy. And that is because God knew that she could thrive to the best of her abilities with you...a beautiful, selfless family. Today, her hands are uncurled and they’re lifted up in worship. Today, her back is straight and she can stand tall in His glorious light. Today, her legs are unbent and she can run to the One who gave her life and love and family. We’re grateful for her release. And while we mourn our loss here, we do not do it as those without hope. We do it as those who will one day worship with Emily again.
  • sannferris
    edited November 2015
    Good Morning, I hope I can type with tears in my eyes. Debora, that was the most beautiful, heartfelt thing I've ever read and what a joy to read it on this beautiful Thanksgiving morning. Thank you so much for posting it here. I always knew how wonderful and selfless you are and now I know that it has been passed down to all your family. Each one is a testimony for you and Ralph and Our Lord.

I'm planning on doing what Carla is doing. Making a traditional turkey dinner for just John and myself. The smallest turkey I could find, at the best sale price, is 16 pounds, so we'll have plenty of left overs for the weekend, and the freezer will get some meals for in the future. I think for today, I'll forego the potatoes though, just make the stuffing and then make fresh mashed potatoes for another meal when the stuffing is all gone. That's always the first to go with me, I love that stuff. I bought Marie Calendars Chocolate Satin Pie for dessert. All the MC pies were on sale and most the fruit pies that need to be baked were gone off the freezer shelf. That's fine with me, my oven will be busy with other things. And, I really like chocolate cream pies. I left the pie in the freezer, we like it semi-hard, like ice cream. Once, I thawed it out like they describe on the box and it fell into mush, too creamy.

My sister is having Mom's side of the family over to her house today. There will be about 16 attending. One uncle's family will be at his daughter's house with her in-laws. So there goes 8 people that usual come to family gatherings. My dad's side of the family have all scattered and we rarely get together anymore, except at memorial services.

I'm looking forward to my annual Thanksgiving phone call from Nancy. For the past 4-5 years, she has called me on her blue-tooth from the car while she's driving to my sister's house. It's close to an hours drive, so we have a great time talking. I know she'll have her dad with her and maybe she'll have Elizabeth in the car too.

Sometime back, someone here was talking about leaving the stove burners on by accident. Funny story, when John and I had his Mom living with us, I was working then and John was retired and caring for his Mom daily. She continued to fix herself lunch and leave the stove on and then lay something on the stove that could catch fire. Loaf of bread or pot holders were the most common. John finally decided he couldn't keep track of her activities in the kitchen and he would pop the circuit breaker to the stove when I wasn't home. When his Mom asked why the stove didn't work, he pleaded ignorance and said that it "only works for Sheryl". I'm so fortunate that John doesn't use the stove or oven at all. I don't have to worry about that, he just leaves the water running. Had some horrendous water bills this summer because the hose was left on out in the pasture. I now do a walk-around every evening, checking, water off, gates closed, lights off, air compressor off, etc.

We've turned off most of the outside water now for the winter, and "winterized" the waterers that stay on for the animals, getting down in the 20's this week. A little early for us, usually I don't have to worry about freezing pipes, etc, until January/February.

I better go get that turkey in the oven if we want a nice big mid-day meal.

And, refill my mug!!!!!
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I though I would check in before we head to our friends house in a couple of hours. We provided the ham this year and I made a maple syrup, brown sugar, apple juice, brown mustard, cinnamon and ginger glaze which is good for slathering the ham on your plate with. It's a glaze for the ham as well, but the ham is already smoked so I don't add anything to it, I leave it up to everyone else that want's added sweetness. Our friend is reheating it on the smoker this morning which made my day the easiest I have had in years, lol.

I also made an orange cranberry sauce last night, hubby really likes that on his turkey and when I saw the whole cranberries at Walmart last night I realized I hadn't bought any to make it for him. It is so easy to make and tastes so much better than anything you can get out of a can. Of course, that is just me, some people don't care for homemade and I remember as a kid I didn't like homemade, only the canned stuff and I can't figure that one out, lol. I am hoping I can now avoid Walmart at least until after the holidays, but if anything comes up and I must have something it will be there I go because it is the only choice, other than Lowe's for home stuff.

Arobed-I couldn't have said it better than Sannferris, what a beautiful couple of messages the girls read, I am sure Emily heard it well and had many tears in her eyes. Bless their hearts. I wasn't able to get to bed before hubby the other night which made for an early morning bed run and I wound up sleeping in the afternoon yesterday. I was able to go to bed around 1:00 am this morning and slept until around 8:30 so I am good for now. I only hope I can keep sleeping at night for sure.

Sannferris-Your response to the girls writings about Emily was beautiful as well. I don't have the ability to write like that. It was I who keep leaving the burners on because I put the pan back on the burner to heat whatever is stuck to the pan so I can easily remove it. Scrubbing is quite painful for me with my arthritis and all my injuries. If I keep it up hubby might lock me out of the kitchen range too, lol. I'll have to get one of those little cook plates that automatically turns off in one hour if not being used.

Well, I think I am going to check out and wish you all a great day today. May you see or talk to all the people you would like, and may you have the biggest spread to share with them.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2015
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dad and I had a nice day. We both got up around 4 am. After he got back from walking Cisco (at 5 am!) I made us a scrambled egg, toast and veggie breakfast, then we spent the morning primping to go out for our Thanksgiving meal at the Seasons 52 restaurant. As I as primping (yes, I was due for some serious primping!) I enjoyed watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on the TV.

The meal was fine, but the turkey was a little dryer this year. Last year our reservation was at 11 am, this year it was at 1 pm, so maybe that was the difference. It was still good though, but I did ask for some extra gravy. Dad ate everything on his plate, but I wound up having tons leftover. The bread and pumpkin butter was devine. The fancy-dancy dessert was really good. Here's the pics. If it messes up the page, I'll remove it. There sure were a lot of people at that restaurant! This meal was roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, roasted butternut squash, dressing, cranberry sauce, turkey gravey, steamed whole green beans, basil rolls with pumpkin butter, and for dessert I chose the pumpkin custard (dad chose a chocolate peanut butter custard thing).

pyiana053dci.jpeg

mlg8wda9hilc.jpeg

Debora, thanks so much for sharing those stories about your sweet Emily. It reminds me of a show I used to watch called Table For Twelve where they too had a child like Emily. The show has been off the air for years, but I often wonder how she is doing. I hope you and your wonderful family had a great holiday.

Sheryl, I hope your turkey turned out good! I removed those pending invites on the group's homepage, so hopefully that helps.

Anew, I'm not much of a ham eater, but yours sounds yummy! I hope you had a joyful holiday!

Well, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the week off. Not going to think about work at all! My Fitbit has stopped working again, so tomorrow I'll go online and figure it out again. Sheesh.

Have a great night everyone. I think I'm ready for a leftover turkey sandwich now!

• sannferris
    Good Morning. Yay, the NM Family group page is back to normal. This page is a little big, but not so big that I can't get it centered and read, Marcie, don't delete your photos. Your breakfast and dinner sounds and looks wonderful. John didn't want breakfast, so I just made myself two slices of toast with butter and blackberries jam. Our neighbors came over with their coffee about 9:30 am and we visited until 11:00 am. They were meeting their kids at a restaurant at 1pm. They said that the house smelled so good, they could tell there was a turkey in the oven. Once again, I didn't think to take photos of my table. John and I stuffed ourselves, I did end up making a little mashed potatoes after all. The gravy turned out so good, I couldn't help myself.

I didn't get a phone call from Nancy this year, she must have had a car load. I did email Karen, her sister, after dinner and she sent me a photo of their entertainment.
    geovhss976na.jpg
    Nancy on guitar, Elizabeth on viola, and Uncle Mish (Nancy and Karen's Dad) and Eric on harmonicas. The photo was labeled Doo Dah Turkey Band, sounds like Eric named them.

I'll call my Mom later today and see how she did through the day. I know I'll be talking to my sister too. Norma was planning to introduce Simon to the whole family, but his kids decided to have a family gathering as well, so He stayed home to be with his kids. We'll see what happens at Christmas time. I know, for sure, that Simon will be accompanying Norma for Joel's wedding in January.

It was COLD again this morning, yesterday and today, I had to break ice off the animal waters. Since the kitchen is so close, I take buckets of hot water out to melt the ice. My neighbor takes a baseball bat and literally breaks it up for their animals. It's a winter chore that gets us up and bundled in the morning.
    John's doing a great job with the woodstove, I'm so proud of him. There's still some smoke, but not at all like two winters ago, when he just couldn't seem to leave that door closed and stop banging on the logs with the poker.

This will be another lazy day, more football on tv, so John will be semi-occupied. I think the whole weekend will be like this.
  • sannferris
    Oh No, my photo screwed up the whole page. Marcie's photos still look reasonable size, but mine is overblown.
    I'll leave it for a little while for you to try to see and then back it out later to see if the page goes back to the way it was.
  • sannferris
    I'm so sorry, I just now remembered that I can only edit for an hour after posting. Too late to take that photo out. Hopefully, we'll be on to the next page soon.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2015
    Sheryl, your picture didnt mess up the page for me.

Have a great day everyone. I'm staying home today. Just finished vacuuming and mopping floors. Now I'm watching a Waltons Thanksgiving movie and eating a sandwich from the leftovers yesterday. Yummy.

• cjdigsindirt
    I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving, my turkey turned out really good, nice and golden brown and then I did make mashed potatoes but I use chicken broth instead of milk and I made a baked sweet potato and I had a little stuffing and gravy! Today I made a pumpkin pie. I have no idea why I did but I really wanted one so I ate a piece of that. That will be enough for the next few days. I ate really lite today so I feel like I'm back on track. I took a nice walk at Kit Carson park and that felt great.

Sheryl your photograph of Nancy and the group is fabulous I think you should leave it up. By the way thank you again for the beautiful card I really want to make the recipes!

Well that's it for now I'm watching Bruce Springsteen on PBS so I signed off and hopefully check back with y'all tomorrow have a wonderful day if I don't talk to you.
  • sannferris
    Good Morning, barely, almost noon and probably will be noon by the time I get this posted.

I'm glad that the photo isn't ruining everybody's page. I don't know what it is about my computer, but even the MFP emails that I get are out of size.
    All my other emails and web sites are OK, just MFP is weird.

Talked to my sister and then to my Mom yesterday and they both said that Thanksgiving was a huge success. 16 family members arrived and a few had to leave early to either get to
    in-laws' gatherings or go to work. One cousin works at Macy's and had to be there at 5 pm. After everybody else left, Norma and Mom had a couple hours just to themselves.
    Mom finally felt comfortable enough to start asking questions about Simon. Mom's been pumping me for info and was too scared to ask Norma, didn't want to "pry". Ha ha
    I think both of them enjoyed the time together and talking frankly. Norma said that she and Simon are still in the getting to know each other stage. She feels love for him, but at the
    same time, doesn't want to relinquish any of her independence and freedom.

It's a beautiful, sunny, cold and crisp day. I took care of the ice on the waterers and will bring in more firewood and then, it's time to just cozy up to the woodstove and watch tv.
    Will have turkey left-overs for dinner.

I started to look at formal dresses on the internet. Just to give me ideas of what might be available. I will not order clothes on-line, I HAVE to try them on before a purchase. But,
    Penney's and Dress Barn have some things that I think I'd like to try on. Catherine's and Burlington don't look like there's anything great, but I'll still check out the stores.
    I did stop at Goodwill, Salvation Army and Value Village last week, found nothing. One dress looked good on the hangar and was only $7.99, but looked terrible on me.

I guess that's it for now. I'm already all coffee'd out, so I won't refill my mug.

• isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi Everyone,
    OH NO!! NOT THE DREADED HAVE TO SCROLL WAY OVER TO THE END OF THE PAGE PROBLEM AGAIN!!!!!!!! Hope we change the page very soon - like now!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was really nice. We went to my friend Jami's house. Both her boys, 25 and 30 yrs old, were able to come. It is always great to see them and spend time with them. Her husband Joe's nephew JD, 20yrs old, also came. He is a very nice young man with a good sense of humor. I brought the green bean casserole and got lots of compliments. Everyone had seconds of it and also wanted to take some of the leftovers so I was very pleased. Jami made my favorite stuffing just for me - she puts hot Italian sausage in it - and also diced carrots and zucchini. She doesn't like celery. It was very good. Perfect mashed potatoes too. The chocolate pudding pecan pie I brought from Trader Joe's was just OK. Everyone thought it was very rich. Her son Adam brought a claim jumper apple pie for her to cook. It was very sweet. After dinner we just sat and chatted. It was a really nice evening and we left about 8:30pm.

Our company was open on Friday but I took the day off. I am really enjoying the time off. I still have 60 hrs of vacation time to use up but fortunately I can carry it over to next year. Jami gave us some leftovers and we had turkey sandwiches for dinner last night on some really nice rolls that I got at Sprouts so we were very happy campers. We have been watching more Hallmark smaltzy movies. Some enjoyable some just OK. I've recorded about 8 more. It amazes me that Dan will watch them with me. He must really love me! :blush:

Debora, the tributes to Emily were so very sweet. It is really hard to keep in mind the blessings that families receive from their special needs members and this was such a beautiful perspective to keep in mind. My last stove had knobs where the lines were gray and I had a hard time telling what the knob was set to. I ended up getting some whiteout and painting a line on each knob so I could easily tell where I was.

Marcie, the movie was cute. It was a Thanksgiving movie about love and the Thanksgiving Day Parade. We only got 2 Thanksgiving movies recorded. The rest are Christmas movies. Sounds like the restaurant you go to for Thanksgiving is really good. We ate out for Thanksgiving once and it was pretty bad. the turkey was dry, the other items were not hot and the portions were skimpy. We will probably not do that again unless we hear about a restaurant that can really do it right. I also watched some of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. My dear friend Grace and her mom used to watch it together so I watch it in honor of her mom. It is kinda sad how commercialized it has become though. The entertainment was enjoyable though.

Sheryl, your turkey sounds wonderful. If Jami hadn't given me some leftovers I would have cooked a turkey breast or something so I am glad I was spared the effort. Absolutely LOVED the entertainment picture. Yes, it is even worth the dreaded scroll!

Anew, love all your organizing tips and suggestions. I will have to find a plastic container to put stuff in to thaw. I recently thawed something and it had leaked all over the fridge. I didn't even realize it. Hubby told me after I had cooked it that it had leaked all over the fridge and he had cleaned it all up. What a guy!

Carla, I like the idea of packaging everything up to have in the freezer for future reference. Good idea to freeze it in broth so it will stay moist. Let us know how it turns out. I am jealous that you got to watch Bruce Springsteen on TV. He's one of my faves.

Dan and I have been doing a lot of walking to work off our big meals these last few days. We are going to walk to get lunch now. It is about 2 miles one way to get there so I'd better get going. Talk to you soon - hopefully on the next page!
  • isyvanek
    I am posting again before I leave in hopes of kicking us over to the next page. Did it work?
  • isyvanek
    how about now?
  • isyvanek
    Are we there yet?!