NSV: Non Scale Victories!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a big day for me. I had bought a motorcycle and yesterday I went for my first ride! I have not ridden in over 20 years so I was pretty nervous. But hubby took me to a parking lot to practice and after about 30 mins I was confident to drive home and he took the car home.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good for you! I love successfully doing something that intimidates me.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    My original waist was 60" -- yesterday I bought the size 36" pants I am wearing in the photo below

compare%20me%20apr%202015_final%20border_zpsgpzx1sgk.jpg
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a big day for me. I had bought a motorcycle and yesterday I went for my first ride! I have not ridden in over 20 years so I was pretty nervous. But hubby took me to a parking lot to practice and after about 30 mins I was confident to drive home and he took the car home.

First things first -- Kenda -- what did you buy? I still have my license but it has been 25 yrs or more for me. I have several friends/relatives that ride. I think I'd need more than 30 minutes to get back in the saddle.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    NikonPal and Kenda you guys are awesome!!!! When it comes to inspirational people, I really hit the jackpot with yous!
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    NikonPal, I bought a Suzuki Boulevard S40, nice little bike, low to the ground which when you are under 5 feet tall is critical. It's a 650 so plenty of power for me. They go up from the S40, had lots of guys tell me they love theirs. I'm not ready to hit the roads alone or heavy traffic yet, but it's amazing how fast it did come back. After practicing I was comfortable enough to drive home in my quiet residential area. It was very liberating, you should give it another whirl.

What a difference in the pictures, that's hard work and dedication.

Danelutza I feel the same about you too..we have a wonderful little group. Everyday we hear stories of how someone is improving their lives, and exploring new things. And support each other on the tough days. <3
  • Kenda2427
    Options
    This is a picture of my new toy NikonPalqgu7rfecrr4o.jpg
  • NikonPal
    Options

Kenda – Beautiful bike – love the “classic” look. Who knows…at some point I might decide “what the heck.” Congrats!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

It's so pretty!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I did the monkey bars at the park :) all of them!!!
    I tried to hang on them last summer but moving was definitely out of the question. I tried them today (after watching my daughter doing them) and surprised myself.
    I felt so accomplished because now I can truly keep up with my child and for once I'm more excited then her to go on the playground :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Monkey bars have always been my nemesis. Good job!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's a wonderful NSV! I love it.