Participant updates

Options

Replies

• caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Great. My husband and I celebrated our 14-years-since-our-first-date anniversary. He made a fabulous dinner for us, and even though it was amazing, I didn't overeat. An anomaly that's becoming less so every day for me.
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    well done caradae!! I too am winning the battle with PORTION CONTROL,
    I think we are going to make better choices even when all the temptations are there, a little is better than none! works for me as long as I can stay under my daily calories. we are doing so well.:wink::flowerforyou:
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yeah I lost another pound of weight!
  • caradae
    Options
    Yay, armywf! :)
  • margieparkins
    Options
    well done amywf,,,:wink::smokin: :drinker:
  • caradae
    Options
    220s, here I am!
  • armywf07
    Options
    Ty all omg how fast this challenged seems to be going. I started with one pound lost and so far I've lost 7 lbs since doing this challenge. I wonder how much more I will lose!
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    great job everybody :happy:

I´m slowly losing as well, almost done with my second kilo down, it´s at slow pace, but it´s still crazy how happy it makes feel, June is over be the end of the next week and although I probably won´t be under 70 as I originally wished, I´m confident it will be close enough

the weather has been crazy around here this past week and today I finally have the chance to go swimming and sunbathing ... yaay

have a nice weekend too :wink:
  • margieparkins
    Options
    so glad everyone is achieving, great job, great commitment, well done!!
  • caradae
    Options
    Great job, armywf. 8 pounds is wonderful for one month. And June isn't even over yet.

I'm so glad you're sticking with this, miridai, and doing so well. I know how hard it is to diet and focus on school at the same time.

Margie, I can't wait to see how much you lose.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    good morning, noon or night, lol, sounds like everyone is on top of things, I will post my loss at the end of the month, hope it is a little, if not will be back in July, how ever long this journey is I am on it for the long haul. it is great to see people are achieving, well done to you !:smile::wink: I am thinking of the 5-2 plan in july,, any thoughts??
  • caradae
    Options
    I'd never heard of the 5-2 plan and just looked it up. It sounds extreme, but it could be the shift you need to lose more weight.

For the challenge, I guess you'd come up with a calorie goal for you fasting days and a separate calorie goal for your normal days.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    I did my first fast day easily, feel good today, not hungry but will eat to keep up my healthy change, so different to what I thought it would be but I planned it so I was busy and knew what I was having for the evening meal and it kept me going, ate my dinner at a slow pace and not woof it down like I always do and feel great!
    I hope this fits into your group okay? I would hate to have to miss out now. I feel this might work for me,

the plan is, Monday and Thursday 500 calorie days and still exercise,
    the other days are my 1200 calories and exercise,
    is this okay with the group?
  • armywf07
    Options
    I did a lot of walking today but I am so sore from Sunday. We took our son to the water park and I did about 3 hours of swimming and then walking up steep hills and then back down said steep hills. So right now my calves hurt as well as my back. It doesn't help that hubby wanted to play for about another hour or so. I burned a lot of calories so I don't feel bad eating that elephant ear at the park.

I do hope running another accountability challenge for next month caradae. That would be awesome sauce.

I am still loving my hungry girl cookbook. Lots of food but no guilt eating it! Might see about doing some of my exersice videos tomorrow depending on my back.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    hi all, taking my day off today. not in calories but exercise. just ran out of time. visitors in and out all day.
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting the 220's, Caradae! And for every new 10-pound 'decade' you can do something awesome for yourself (like maybe have someone take care of the kids and you and hubby have date night?)

Glad to hear your first fast day went well, Margie!

I agree with Army - I am totally down with another month! This challenge totally keeps me on track.
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    I'm still here. Havent lost any weight recently so I'm going to reevaluate my diet. Pretty annoyed with my insomnia lately, might try some melatonin.
  • armywf07
    Options
    Woo hoo 5,000+ steps today....running around like a chicken with my head cut off
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great job, army!
  • margieparkins
    Options
    hi everyone, well this is nearly the end of the month, can't wait to see how you all did, my month was great, but will the scales show it, july ,,, you had better watch out !! I will be hitting you with a vengence!! my clothes are lose so that is a good sign..