Recipe share

Options
One of my BIG weaknesses is PIZZA! I found a healthier lower calorie version
Pound out a chicken breast...cover with a couple tablespoons of pizza sauce...top with some mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven @350...usually about 1/2 hr-40 min.
You could add some other toppings if you like...

Replies

• Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The best cheesy cauliflower "tator tots" recipe ever! They are ridiculous good.
    http://yourlighterside.com/2010/03/caulitots-baked/
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Another absolute favorite of mine is stuffed spaghetti squash...
    Oven roast a spaghetti squash...I cut the spaghetti squash in half, scrape the seeds out drizzle with olive oil...sprinkle Mrs Dash and bake...while that's cooking I brown some ground turkey when the turkey is cooked I add a cup of fresh baby spinach...and set aside... once the squash is done I scrape the squash leaving the strands in the shell of the squash...add the turkey/spinach and top with fresh diced plum tomatoes and some mozzarella...put back in the oven until the cheese melts.
    YUM!!!
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Yum to the spaghetti squash. I'm going to have to try that.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    MMMM...I'm definitely making those cauli tots!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    3-2-1 cake .............1 box of any flavor cake mix ....1 box of angel food cake ( mix both boxes of dry cakes in a ziplock bag)

3Tbsp. cake mixes
    2 Tbsp. water
    1 minute in microwave

Add toppings of choice ...for example I use 1 Tbsp. mini chocolate chips and 1Tbsp. peanut butter and whip cream with the chocolate cake mix and angel food cake

*Calories differ on which kind and brand of cake mixes
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    OOOOOOOO....YUM!!! I will be trying that too!!!!! Thanks Megan!
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    It is yummy and you are more than welcome Cindy :)
  • Noodle797
    Options
    Megan, do you cook it in a mug?
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    I cook it in a bowl but you can cook it in a mug
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Easy Tilapia
    1 frozen2 oz tilapia filet
    2 TBSP of flour
    1 TBSP olive oil
    Heat olive oil in pan, coat frozen filet with flour, fry it on each side 3-4 minutes.

It comes out flaky and juicy. I use spelt flour and it comes out to 290 calories. It is a quick and easy way to cook fish.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS
    Serves: 8
    INGREDIENTS
    4 cups of riced cauliflower (about 1 large head of cauliflower)
    4 eggs
    2 cups of mozzarella cheese (I used a Tex Mex blend because that's all I had)
    3 tsp oregano
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese (for topping)
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Prepare 2 pizza dishes or a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
    Make sure your cauliflower is roughly chopped in florets. Add the florets to your food processor and pulse until cauliflower resembles rice.
    Place the cauliflower in a microwavable container and cover with lid. Microwave for 10 minutes. Place the microwaved cauliflower in a large bowl and add the 4 eggs, 2 cups of mozzarella,oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
    Separate the mixture in half and place each half onto the prepared baking sheets and shape into either a pizza crust, or a rectangular shape for the breadsticks.
    Bake the crust (no topping yet) for about 25 minutes or until nice and golden. Don't be afraid the crust is not soggy at all. Once golden, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and put back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
    Slice and serve.
    NOTES
    If you do not have a microwave, I’d recommend cooking the cauliflower first either in your oven or on the stovetop and then ricing it. Easiest would be to steam it and then ricing it.
  • Noodle797
    Options
    That sounds amazing Cindy!
  • Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yum that sounds delicious. What are the calories and Nutrition content? I have tons of my own recipes to share here. I use to own a Restaurant and am a pretty good cook and love to bake as well. I have gluten free and regular recipes.

I will find a good one and post it here.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Garbonzo Beans Italiano

16 oz Garbonzo Beans [370683]
    1/2 onion
    20 ounces Marinara Sauce
    1.5 cup bell peppers
    2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    1 Tablespoon garlic powder

Saute chopped onion and bell peppers in olive oil. Add garlic powder and Marinara sauce and cook until heated through.

Serving size is just over 14 ounces or about 2 3/4 cup. Serve over brown rice or pasta whichever you prefer but that's a hefty serving size for only 404 calories. You can use a low sodium Marinara Sauce if you are watching your sodium.

High in Fiber and Protein!!!

Calories; 404 per 14.5 ounce serving
    Makes 3 total servings
    Sodium 980
    Potassium 752
    Fiber 13.5 grams
    Protein 12.6
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Great recipes Cindy and Karen.
    Thank you.

The homemade sugarbean and ostrich curry I ate this evening is my own recipe. If you click on it, you can access the ingredients. High protein and fiber
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Ostrich ? Uhhmm. That would be very expensive here. Bet it's great protein.
  • ms_smartypants
    Options
    This is for all of shrimp lovers

Chilie-Garlic Shrimp (Recipe is from cooking light)

1 (3 1/2-ounce)bag boil in bag brown rice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (about 32)
    1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    3 larges cloves of garlic
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 cup dry white wine ( I use Sherry's cooking wine)
    4 (1/4 inch thick lemon slices
    2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1 Tablespoon butter
    Lemon wedges (optional )

1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting the salt and fat
    2. Sprinkle salt and black pepper evenly over shrimp. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, red pepper,garlic, bay leaf to pan. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add wine and lemon to pan. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a simmer, cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf and lemon. Add parsley and butter, stirring until butter melts. Serve shrimp and sauce over rice. Serve with lemon wedges , if desired.

Yield 4 servings ( serving size about 8 shrimp, 1/2 cup of rice and 2 Tablespoons sauce)

CALORIES: 344 FAT: 11.4G IRON: 4.8MG CHOLESTEROL: 266MG CALICIUM: 99MG CARBS: 21.9G SODIUM: 581MG PROTEIN: 36.9G FIBER: 1.5G
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Ms. S - That looks really good.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yummy Ms_smartypants. But I can't eat shrimp or prawns anymore because of allergies :(

We have ostrich farms here Karen so it makes for a very cheap substitute for lamb as well and yes, it is very high in protein and tasty too because it is a game bird. My main meats are ostrich, lamb and chicken. I don't like pork much and find beef quite bland unless it steak cuts i.e. fillet, sirloin or medallions.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    That's great I should look into Ostrich farms here. I never gave it much thought. Is it cheaper then your chicken?