Recipe share

Options

Replies

• Femmigirlz
    Femmigirlz Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    As everyone can see I love to cook. If you want any specific recipe and I have written it down I will look for it :) Just send me a message.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Wow Karen! Can't you just post those to me please? One meal each day, all ready to eat :
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    What in the world! Karen I need you here with me :D everything looks so yummy!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Lol ladies. That's why I'm fat. I cook and bake too much. I use to own a restaurant and it's a hobby of mine. I'm having to learn how to cook lightly now and revamp my recipes. Thank you. You make me smile.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    All of those look amazing, Karen!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thanks Noodle :)
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Home made banana muffins with homemade buttercream frosting. 120 just the cupcake. 240 calories with frosting. iwuln3sq4tvm.jpg
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    They look amazing!!!!!
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Oh my! They float on the ceiling :D;)
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    lmao, I guess I should have looked at the picture after posting it.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    and one dirty burner
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    The stove top looks fine. I have never seen a tidy cook :#
  • aaliceinw
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hee hee Karen. That way they look light and fluffy
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Grr. The IPad chops off most of my post!
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    V5ln792uyw93g.jpg
    eggie kabobs on the Barbie tonight. Yum.
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    They look wonderful Karen. I am going to have to make them this weekend.
  • Femmigirlz
    Options
    Thanks Liz, they were amazing especially with the brown rice and chicken breast
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    MMMMM...did you grill them or cook them in the oven?
  • mysticlizard
    Options
    One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream
    Makes 2 servings, about 1 cup

What You NeedIngredients
    1 large ripe banana
    Equipment
    Knife
    Cutting board
    Airtight, freezer-safe container
    Small food processor
    Spatula
    Instructions
    1. Start with ripe bananas: They should be sweet and soft.
    2. Peel the bananas and cut them into coins: It doesn't matter what shape or size the pieces are in, as long as they are chopped up into evenly-sized and somewhat small pieces.
    3. Put the bananas in an airtight container: A freezer-safe glass bowl like this one is fine, or you can use a freezer bag.
    4. Freeze the banana pieces for at least 2 hours: Freeze for at least 2 hours, but ideally overnight.
    5. Blend the frozen banana pieces in a small food processor or powerful blender: Pulse the frozen banana pieces. We've found that a small food processor or chopper works best.
    6. Keep blending — the banana will look crumbly: At first the banana pieces will look crumbled or smashed. Scrape down the food processor.
    7. Keep blending — the banana will look gooey: Then it will look gooey, like banana mush. Scrape down the food processor.
    8. Keep blending — the banana will look like oatmeal: It will get smoother but still have chunks of banana in it. Scrape down the food processor.
    9. Watch the magic happen! Suddenly, as the last bits of banana smooth out, you'll see the mixture shift from blended banana to creamy, soft-serve ice cream texture. Blend for a few more seconds to aerate the ice cream. (If adding any mix-ins, like peanut butter or chocolate chips, this is the moment to do it.)
    10. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until solid: You can eat the ice cream immediately, but it will be quite soft. You can also transfer it back into the airtight container and freeze it until solid, like traditional ice cream.

Recipe Notes
    * Food processor vs. blender: We've found that a food processor works best for this, with enough room for the banana to get fully creamy and a little bit aerated. Some people do make it in a blender, but be careful; make sure your blender is powerful enough to process the frozen bananas.
    * Making a bigger batch: Yes, you can make a bigger batch with more than one banana! Just make sure your food processor is big enough (and powerful enough).

Mix-In IdeasWhile the one-ingredient aspect of this ice cream is a big part of its charm, we don't think that loses much when it becomes two or even three ingredient ice cream. Here are a few favorite mix-ins to make it even more awesome.

* Spoonful of peanut butter
    * Drizzle of honey
    * Handful of chocolate chips
    * A few almonds
    * Dollop of Nutella
    * Scoop of cookie butter
    * Tablespoon of cocoa powder
    * Half a teaspoon of cinnamon, cardamom, or ginger

I made this last night. It was too banana tasting and over sweet to me. The girls really enjoyed it. It comes out with the texture of ice cream.
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    MMMMM...I'm trying this with a little Nutella drizzled on top! YUM!!!