JUNE Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

June 2013:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/831903-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2013?page=7#posts-14374618

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    June 2013:
    Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 0

Days did not log it all - 0
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    Apr - 5 days I did not log it ALL
    May- 9 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
  • fitntoned001
    fitntoned001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    June 2013:
    Me - 0
    The Binge - 1 (1st)
  • Body_Peace
    Body_Peace Posts: 82
    Options
    June 2013:
    Tina:0
    The Binge: 0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hope this will help me lose the last 12 pounds c=
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Ok big 0 June, here I come....no vacations this month to throw me off. No reason not to do my best!
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    6-1-13.
    Me: 1
    B: 0

Record: Nov. 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan. 4B, Feb. 8B, Mar. 9B, Apr. 6B, May 10B

Ready. Wedding in 23 days, vacation to Greece in 40 days. Getting real. Sunny weather and time outside helps : )
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 1
    Binge: 0
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    June 1

Me-1
    B-0

I did over eat by 600 calories today but wasn't a binge. Just eating out all day.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    June 2013:
    Mollie - 1
    The Binge - 0

Days did not log it all - 0
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    Apr - 5 days I did not log it ALL
    May- 9 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    [/quote]
  • fitntoned001
    fitntoned001 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    June 2013:
    :heart: Me - 1
    :brokenheart: The Binge - 1 (1st)

:glasses: Days did not log it all - 0
  • Body_Peace
    Body_Peace Posts: 82
    Options
    June 2013:
    Tina: 1
    The Binge: 0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hope this will help me lose the last 12 pounds c=
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    HI Love MFP and need help with the binge. My issue is when I am bored or alone at home. There is no stopping me on the sugar front. Love that I can make this "me against the binge". I have been doing it since I was a teenager and will go the week all on plan but by the weekend things get crazy. I will check in each day and glad everyone is here for support! After my day yesterday, I am ready to win.

Me-0
    Binge - 1 (the first)
  • SessiebeeM02
    SessiebeeM02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    01 June 2013:
    Me - 0
    The Binge - 1

The binge may have won the first day of June but I'm actually quite happy and proud of myself for not going overboard.
    Usually I'd think to myself: now that I've started, the day has been ruined and I might as well eat everything I want.
    Not this time though! So far today has been a lot better and I hope by the end of it it'll still be binge free.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    June 1

Me:1

I think that vacation I took really helped my outlook on eating. I binged bad the first couple of days, then realized that I could have anything I wanted, I don't have to binge. That **** will still be there tomorrow.

I know I gained a few pounds from it, but I know how to take them right back off! And it is worth is if it helped my mental battle with binging for sure!
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options

(days over kcal 1)
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Binge: 1

It was not too bad in calories, but still, the behavior was not good.
  • UsernameStillLoading
    UsernameStillLoading Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Me - 1
    Binge - .25 (the day is not over yet)
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    June 2013:

Me: 0
    Binge: 2

Need to get my head in the right frame of mind. :/