June check in and chat:June-o mess with these chicks

Options

Replies

• lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Vegas, you've been missed.. and welcome Brandi, those are some amazing row numbers! Are you doing pendlay rows?
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    2nd work out of week 3
    Work out B
    squat 5x 5 @ 22.5kg (49.6lbs)
    overhead press 5x5 @ 12.5kg (27.5lbs)
    deadlift 5x5 @ 25kg (55.11lbs)
    3 x prone panks
    4 x chin ups

So amazed at how much my attitude has changed since starting! so thank you to all the awesome ladies lifting heavy - I keep thinking I'm on my way to becoming superwomen!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Daisy I misread that as phone pranks lol!
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    he he he :-) calling mr semore butts!
  • JamBlaze
    JamBlaze Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Workout A today, and despite not being able to lift heavier on 2 out of 3, I saw a BIG improvement in my form, so I'm really pleased. Especially happy with my row - worked hard to stop curling my wrists at the top of the pull. Still shocked I can really see an improvement "just" doing five sets of five three times a week.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    he he he :-) calling mr semore butts!

Wayne Kerr you have a call on line 1. :drinker: :laugh: (I've heard that one at work before)
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Squats - 145 5x5
    Bench - 105 4x5
    Rows - 105 3x5
    Good mornings and glute bridges 2x10@80.

When I did my workout on Friday, my daughter had gotten up early and came downstairs to watch me (she's 8), She helped me load and unload the 5 and 10 lb plates with me. Plus she was adding up in her head the weights I had on the bar (which I could use help with at times, lol). When I was doing OHP, she even took 5 lb plates and pressed them over her head*.

*to any lurky-loos, no I'm not having my 8-year old "lift heavy". I'm trying to set a good example that women and girls of any age can have fun being strong :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Squats - 145 5x5
    Bench - 105 4x5
    Rows - 105 3x5
    Good mornings and glute bridges 2x10@80.

When I did my workout on Friday, my daughter had gotten up early and came downstairs to watch me (she's 8), She helped me load and unload the 5 and 10 lb plates with me. Plus she was adding up in her head the weights I had on the bar (which I could use help with at times, lol). When I was doing OHP, she even took 5 lb plates and pressed them over her head*.

*to any lurky-loos, no I'm not having my 8-year old "lift heavy". I'm trying to set a good example that women and girls of any age can have fun being strong :)

This is so awesome!!!! My daughter hasn't done that for me yet, but she always asks a lot of questions and she sees my dedication. It has made a world of difference! Love it!

First morning of BB 6-3-9-3 for me......did a good job at not much of deload.

Deadlift: 65 x 8, 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 150 x 6
    Glute bridge: 2 x 8 @ 115lbs, 2 x 12 @ 95lbs
    Reverse Crunch: 8 (I tried on the bench the first time and it was awful lol), 16, 16, 18

I think I will be sore tomorrow haha

Happy Monday all!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Vegas, you've been missed.. and welcome Brandi, those are some amazing row numbers! Are you doing pendlay rows?

Yes, pendlay rows. Thanks! Didn't realize they were all that, lol. I started pendlay's at 65lb, based on the great summary post here. Been able to go up 5lb so far each time I do them.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Just a peek-my-head-in-and-say-hi post.

Welcome back Vegas!

lwood: I call baloney on the 70kg max deadlift as well. As long as your form is good and you're not having problems, lift away! I have my deadlift goal at 200lbs (90kg) for this round of Stronglifts.

Welcome to the new people!

I hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • lwoodroff
    Options

ha ha you should see my 6 and 4 year olds when I do 30 day shred, they have pencils for their 'weights' and are hysterical...
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    lwood: I call baloney on the 70kg max deadlift as well. As long as your form is good and you're not having problems, lift away! I have my deadlift goal at 200lbs (90kg) for this round of Stronglifts.

Ditto for me on the 70kg max limit. I don't understand why he would say that. My current lift is 185 raw (deload wt) and I'm aiming for 200lbs by the end of my first SL 12 week session, which is drawing near. I was right at 200 when I had to start my deload. Talk about a tough one to back away from...
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options

ha ha you should see my 6 and 4 year olds when I do 30 day shred, they have pencils for their 'weights' and are hysterical...

Lol @ the pencil barbells. How cute :)

My daughters both lift because I do. They're older, 20 & 14, but it's never too early to start encouraging our girls to be strong women--in every sense of the word. Good for you!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Tagging. 'Cause I wanna post here tomorrow.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! I call baloney on the belt too. If that were the case, most of you would have massive back injuries already.

Workout B for me today
    squat 65# 5x5
    ohp 45# 4x5 (still having problems on that one, but I'm blaming today's lackluster performance on carrying my daughter around all weekend)
    dl 105# 2x5 I felt so good after the first set, I just had to do another. Rawr.

Happy Monday lifting everybody!
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies

Can I join in? Been lurking for a bit and on week three

Did workout a today
    Squat 50kg
    Bench press 27.5kg
    Row 40kg

Was really pleased with my bench press since I feel I'm weaker on this but I actually felt I could have gone heavier!
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    Welcome! And don't worry those benches will soon get very heavy! I'm only 3 months in and look back with fondness on the early weeks when i flew through and added weight each time! Off my deload tomorrow, trying to work out how to move back up. I think I will take it cautiously and see how it feels, no need to be a hero and I can keep working on form!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm going with baloney too! I'm so excited!! 160 lb on the dead lifts!! that is only 8 lb away from body weight!! It blows my mind that I am warming up with weights I couldn't lift before!! Are those enough exclamation points for you to get my elation???

You know I have been working my way up again after illness, allergies, and injuries so I haven't been here in a while. I was so happy with this new PR and I didn't want to tell my husband because he is recovering from a skateboard accident and he cant lift yet and my dad hasn't been lifting recently, and my other friends and family are not really into it and sometimes I think I push the "everyone should lift" thing and I think they get tired of it so I felt disappointed because I didn't know who to tell and then I remembered you guys and I knew you would get it and wouldn't be having any funny feelings because we are all just lifting at our own pace and there isn't any weird competition. (deep breath)

I did 92 lb on the squats and 67 on the OHP not successfully 5x5 but still ok. Anyway it was a good work out.

Lwoodrow love the title!

Welcome new people!

Love the family lifting!

Awesome lifting everyone!!! Rrawrr!!!!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Fisherlassie - I love your excitement! And it is awesome when we realize that numbers that used to freak us out are now just part of the routine.

So much awesomeness that you are all busting out - I AM JEALOUS!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow and figure out some kind of routine that I can do this week that doesn't involve standing on my toe. It's getting better, but no need to tear stitches. I may even **shiver** use the machines for my legs - curls and extensions when I'm sitting should be fine, right? Don't answer that - I'm gonna do 'em anyhow.

Just wanted to pop in and say how awesome you all are!
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Another newbie here, and I did my first official SL session today - an A session, with squats of the 20kilo bar, bench press the same and pendlay rows with 25kilos. I'm so excited! Onwards and upwards with my strength and lifting skills!! I'll do a B session on Thursday, then I have crossfit PT on Friday, and will swap the routine next week - B on Tuesday and A on Thursday. I can't follow the SL program to the letter, but I'm adapting as best I can... thanks :happy: