FEBRUARY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you runners out there. :) I wake up at 5:20 and get to the gym by 6:00 most mornings to run. I am constantly seeing that I should be eating before I run, but then I'd have to get up even earlier and go to bed even earlier. What are your thoughts on this? I'm usually running between 3 and 4 miles. Thanks!

If I am running first thing, I don't eat before running, especially if it's a shorter distance. If I feel like I need to eat something, I grab a protein bar or peanut butter sandwich. Some things make me nauseous if I eat them before running (like eggs and bananas).

If you are feeling good during your runs and don't feel the need to eat first, don't. Find what works for you and do it!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    2/18 = 2.82

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I have a question for you runners out there. :) I wake up at 5:20 and get to the gym by 6:00 most mornings to run. I am constantly seeing that I should be eating before I run, but then I'd have to get up even earlier and go to bed even earlier. What are your thoughts on this? I'm usually running between 3 and 4 miles. Thanks!

If I am running first thing, I don't eat before running, especially if it's a shorter distance. If I feel like I need to eat something, I grab a protein bar or peanut butter sandwich. Some things make me nauseous if I eat them before running (like eggs and bananas).

If you are feeling good during your runs and don't feel the need to eat first, don't. Find what works for you and do it!
    Yeah, I'm with Ceci on this...if you don't feel like you need to eat, then don't. I prefer to run on an empty stomach as well. But if you're feeling like you don't have any energy and you have "dead legs", then maybe one piece of toast plain or with peanut butter. That's something small you could eat when you very first wake and then just let it settle for a few minutes while you get dressed and put your running shoes on. You shouldn't need more than 10-15 minutes for that to settle well enough to run with it in your tummy and it'll give you some calories to burn while you run.

Dave

• wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    02/03: elliptical trainer 3.7km
    02/08: rowing 1km, stationary bike 17.8km
    02/09: stationary bike 6km
    02/10: rowing 1km, stationary bike 20.5km
    02/14: running 4.59km
    02/15: elliptical trainer 0.96km, stationary bike 21.4km
    02/17: stationary bike 13km
    02/18: elliptical trainer 7.88km
    02/19: elliptical trainer 1.03km, stationary bike 10.3km

Total: 109.16km
    Left: none (+9.16km)

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    5.41 miles walked today

101.39 miles walked to date
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,292 Member
    Options
    2/19 5 mile run / 4 mile run

120 miles of 100 miles

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    Adding 33 miles for 250 out of 300. Fixing a flat at 35 degrees wasn't as bad as I thought. :smile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    24.84/50 complete.
    Gonna be a push to make this months goal.
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I need to walk today but it's too d@mn cold outside and I don't feel like freezing today. I'll have to ride my bike tonight as I have a school thing with one of my boys and won't have time to go to the gym.
  • lee134
    lee134 Posts: 280 Member
    Options

exercise.png

15.3 miles today
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

2/19

Exercise bike 38.49 miles & walk 1.25 miles

Total 39.74 miles for today

751.36 miles done and 148.64 miles to go .... :)
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    ... adding 13.5 mile run over the last few days! 29 to go!

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    18 mile long run done. Whew.... One more run this week. I haven't peeked at next week's schedule yet but hoping it will be a little easier. It said this week was the high water mark.

This puts me oh so close ... but no cigar :'(

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    I have had a terrific day. Took a ride today, using my good old, old Android phone for MapMyRide. Well my phone finally took the big dump, lost all my tracking data etc. Oh well.....

02/15 - 5.0 miles Beach walk
    02/16 - 2.0 miles walking
    02/17 - 1.0 miles walking
    02/17 - 13.0 miles cycling
    02/18 - 2.0 miles walking
    02/19 - 13.0 miles cycling

Total: 143.0 miles

exercise.png

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Well the snow yesterday meant many of my coworkers called and said they couldn't make it to work. Our clients however are a hardy bunch, so I was really busy all day. Which explains why I only managed 2 miles. (I'm proud I walked that far really). Now today was my day off (In my life, that means I still need to check in, but I left before lunch today.) So of course I decided to take a walk outside. In the snow. In below 0 temperatures. In the woods. (why not?) Hey, it made sense to me at the time. (Not so much now that I see it in writing). Really I enjoyed most of the walk, although I forgot how much more energy it takes to hike through snow. I wasn't really sure I was going to make it up one of the hills, although I really didn't have a choice at the time if I planned to get back to the car. I walked 5.5 miles today plus the extra effort in the snow. :D

Added 7.5 miles the last 2 days. February total 45 miles.
    Not green yet, but I am making progress. There is still hope for me. :)

IxVpm6.png

Good to see so many of us moving successfully. If you feel like you are struggling or falling behind, Don't Give Up. I've been there and it doesn't feel good, but I kept moving and that did help. Just keep moving as best as you can.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    2/15 - Rest Day
    2/16 - No Miles
    2/17 - 1.05 mile walk
    2/18 - 1.05 mile walk
    2/19 - 1.05 mile walk

yZZcm6.png
  • darkrider42
    edited February 2015
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Well the snow yesterday meant many of my coworkers called and said they couldn't make it to work. Our clients however are a hardy bunch, so I was really busy all day. Which explains why I only managed 2 miles. (I'm proud I walked that far really). Now today was my day off (In my life, that means I still need to check in, but I left before lunch today.) So of course I decided to take a walk outside. In the snow. In below 0 temperatures. In the woods. (why not?) Hey, it made sense to me at the time. (Not so much now that I see it in writing). Really I enjoyed most of the walk, although I forgot how much more energy it takes to hike through snow. I wasn't really sure I was going to make it up one of the hills, although I really didn't have a choice at the time if I planned to get back to the car. I walked 5.5 miles today plus the extra effort in the snow. :D

Added 7.5 miles the last 2 days. February total 45 miles.
    Not green yet, but I am making progress. There is still hope for me. :)

IxVpm6.png

Good to see so many of us moving successfully. If you feel like you are struggling or falling behind, Don't Give Up. I've been there and it doesn't feel good, but I kept moving and that did help. Just keep moving as best as you can.

That's wonderful that you went for the walk in the woods...through the snow. Many extra calories were slain for sure!! :drinker:

Dave
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Just an update! Been on the treadmill & ex bike!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Added 8.3 sweaty ones on the stationary bike tonight!

Dave
    rI85m5.png
This discussion has been closed.