Wooken3
Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
heart-with-script.jpg

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Wooken3, you are the best! cup-006.gif Love that valentine.

Thanks, too for leaving a detour sign in January chat - where I wandered in half asleep, sure enough ~ Kathy
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm finally starting to feel like a Human Being again.
    This is the worst part of having the flu--that period when you think you should be snapping out of it but still feel like you need a nap between the sofa and the kitchen. :p

I haven't been able to exercise all week because of coughing fits. I'm going to hold off a couple more days.

At least I haven't gained weight. ha.

B)

• learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great lead in for the February Chat, great valentine. Chrisbtrue, hope you feel better every day. Mx, your little visual is cute also. So entertaining and uplifting
  • wackywoman5150
    wackywoman5150 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey ya all. How is everyone doing? I have been "away" for some time and decided to get back to it! Hope I can do good this month and those to come.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Welcome, wackywoman5! New month, new plan - I like it ~ Kathy
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Love the valentine, Wooken!

Hope this short month will lead us into an early spring. Between last winter and this one, I'm sick of winter. Never thought I would say that! Want to get out and walk in the woods. Has been way too snowy or muddy lately!

In the meantime, love my deep tissue massage. The therapist has a Tuesday special for only $20 for 30 minute relaxation/Swedish massage and $25 for deep tissue. I might have to do regularly at those prices.

Have a great February, everyone! So glad you are all here!

• wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That is a great Valentine !!! You are so encouraging!!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I read the last of the January chat before coming here and got a kick out of what high tech people we are with our logging! Who says all this technology is only for kids! lol

My dh is just loving his fitbit and I can see that the information he is getting from his dashboard every day is really helping to motivate him. Considering the hours he works I told him to just start aiming for 5000 steps a day and see if that made a difference in the stiffness in his ankle (old injury and arthritis). Well darned if he did not hit 10,000 steps on the second week. Logging really is so motivational!

I am constantly on a mission to improve our diet and dh does make it difficult. He is very limited as far as the vegetables he will eat and is not much of an enthusiast when it comes to trying new things. Well I have conquered the veggie issue to a great extent with a juicer! He loves his fresh juice and I just hand him a glass twice a day. Now I have discovered that he likes grains! So this morning we are having millet for breakfast along with his egg white omelet (instead of the good old southerners grits! lol).

And I am glad I went back and read the posts I missed at the end of January chat. You have all inspired me at just the right time. We FINALLY got our new office furniture set up yesterday. I tried to hook up my computer and something is not right, so I have it bundled up and am heading for Best Buy as soon as it opens. Getting my own computer set back up will give me a big boost as far as getting back to my record keeping. Thank you everyone!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Lovely Valentine intro there..... <3

Welcome to this new month as the year zooms along! I just got my little netbook back from the repair shop...the guy said it was quite old so not that fast! Haha! It is about 3 years old and seems much better and fast enough to me....I have been using tablet and phone while I have been without it but I do like it when I am at home.

Very cold here in the north of England but at the moment no snow so I can walk...went to my Zumba class today and it was cancelled so went in the gym for a treadmill session instead and managed a 15 minute run/jog and my knee felt fine so I was happy about that....

Tomorrow I am having a tooth extracted - oh joy! :\ Wonder how much a tooth weighs Haha!

Best wishes to everyone x

Jean
  • mxchana
    Options
    jeanmrob wrote: »
    Tomorrow I am having a tooth extracted - oh joy! :\ Wonder how much a tooth weighs Haha!

Jean

LOL - just exactly the question I would ask! Best of luck with that, may it go quickly and painlessly! ~ Kathy

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Great Valentine. You are just the one to think of it., wooken3. Thank you for the smile. And thank you for the laugh about tooth weight. Jeanmrob, here's fingers crossed your dentist visit goes well.
  • sharondtd
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Trying to edit a post, and I'm in a loop.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Love the valentine too.

Sounds like everyone is off to a roaring start this month. Yea us!!
    Good to read so many upbeat, encouraging posts.
  • LillianPag
    LillianPag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Two days of clearing snow forced exercise! However it feels so great just to be outside.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Yes indeed, gotta love that snow shoveling - it really adds to the calories burned! Last week we got 3 feet of snow... and yesterday another 17.5 inches. Between shoveling and skiing I've lost another 1.5 pounds in the last couple days! ~ Kathy
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I am having a tooth extracted - oh joy! :\ Wonder how much a tooth weighs Haha! ROFL Oh how this takes me back to memories of Weight Watchers meetings when people were taking off their shoes (of course) and their sweaters, and finally, their EARRINGS! lol yep, I saw that one day!

I am also having memories of the last time I came off a high dose of prednisone and it was like falling off a cliff. I ached all over for days. Wednesday I am supposed to go down to 10 mg so today I am going to start taking my yoga seriously. I think that is probably my best protection against the changes. We shall see!!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    Yes indeed, gotta love that snow shoveling - it really adds to the calories burned! Last week we got 3 feet of snow... and yesterday another 17.5 inches. Between shoveling and skiing I've lost another 1.5 pounds in the last couple days! ~ Kathy

Good to know all the snow is good for something B)
    And I thought I put up with lots of snow here in Colorado.

• sharondtd
    Options
    When people complain of the rainy winter in the Seattle area, I just grin and say, "you don't have to shovel rain" It's a humor test. If they don't smile, I know not to put them in my "positive people" classification. Mxchana, you belong in the positive people group, because you found something good about snow shoveling!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Tooth is out - and having to eat soup, porridge and yogurt might be a good thing....I might lose a pound which is NOT how much a tooth weighs! lol

I have seen that take everyhting off business at slimming classes too..after a trip to the bathroom to squeeze out a few ounces of surplus liquid...lol :D

Jean
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Jean, when my kids were little, I told them that the tooth fairy left money so that she could use the teeth to make pearls. I think by now, forget the $1, she should just leave you a lovely pearl necklace!
    animated-fairy-image-0096.gif