February Chat

Options

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I have been traveling as anyone peeking at my diary could tell. It is late and we just got home but had to check in here. Will be back tomorrow to catch up on everyone's progress. I haven't had access to a scale so no idea if I lost or not. I did eat as much grilled/blackened seafood as I could get my hands on instead of fried, as I normally would have done. I won't get on the scales tomorrow because of the air travel, I always bloat from that. But I feel great and think I did very well. Night, night all.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have been traveling as anyone peeking at my diary could tell. It is late and we just got home but had to check in here. Will be back tomorrow to catch up on everyone's progress. I haven't had access to a scale so no idea if I lost or not. I did eat as much grilled/blackened seafood as I could get my hands on instead of fried, as I normally would have done. I won't get on the scales tomorrow because of the air travel, I always bloat from that. But I feel great and think I did very well. Night, night all.

welcome home - Traveling does that to me also - sometimes my legs feel like tree trunks, so good idea not to weigh in for a day or so. Glad you are home safe.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Bought a pair of work slacks and a pair of straight-legged jeans today -- size 10P. Bought a MP top and a regular M top (both on clearance). The jeans fit so well! I haven't bought a pair of jeans without elasticized waist in years. They were always so uncomfortable. And haven't wanted to waste money since I started the plan as I have had to keep buying stuff for work and working out!

I am really feeling like I might get there - wherever "there" is!

That is incredible - 10P is so tiny! congratulations
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Charlie - that had to put a big smile on your face! I would definitely be doing a happy dance over that one.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Something else good: Got back my glucose and cholestrol results (forgot he was taking that):
    Blood sugar: 86 (I have been lucky and have never had high-blood sugar, even at my highest weight).
    Total Cholestrol: 136
    HDL: 65
    LDL: 62
    Triglycerides: 45

Now, for full disclosure, I do take cholestrol meds (before and without, my cholestrol was as high as 300), but even with them, I see a big difference now that I have lost weight. Total had been around 190s for a long time even on meds.

So, I am very, very happy as was my family doc. I see the cardiologist on Tuesday and have a device check, too. Fingers crossed for good results there.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, HUGE congratulations, @grandmothercharlie. Well deserved good doctor's report!!!!! Some folks must contend with certain things that seem to be related to their genes. My Mom and Grandpa were naturally super skinny, yet could never keep their cholesterol down despite diet and exercise; but the diet and exercise helped tremendously, along with doctor-prescribed medications.
    Big hope the cardiologist visit goes well also. :insert heart emoticon here:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    GMCharlie you are ROCKING THIS PROGRAM. What wonderful results with the pants and the medical results are awesome as well. You are a great example for us all.

I'm trying to catch up, but so many posting I think I will just say how great this group is and congrats to everyone for all their victories, scale related or not. Such a great group of pals to come home to <3
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Charlie, what GREAT news!! respect-037.gif This kind of NSV is simply the best. ~ Kathy
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU, CHARLIE! Very encouraging for the rest of us! My blood work came back good also. Dr. lowered my Synthroid dose. Cholesterol is a little high--always is because my HDL is very high. Last Dr. did not put me on meds. Hope this one does not either. She said to watch diet and exercise more (I think I am doing very well in both those departments.) Will see what the future brings in six months. We have had our six biggest snow storm her in Louisville, Ky. We got 10 inches one night then and additional two another. My daughter got 14 + and some areas even more. In spite of that, all of our flights got out and came in, (thank God for UPS home base here) the runways have to be cleared. We were the only airline that did not have to cancel, we don't fly commuters, all the other airlines do. This did lead to three 12 hour days, and I forgot to log one day!!(rats) so I'm starting over with my day streak. Joni
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Retirehappy, I love to travel. We don't do much in the winter because of the weather. This my we are taking a Caribbean Cruise, the only other cruise we have taken is Alaska inside passage. We also take a vacation in September, not sure where yet.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Joni. Where in the Caribbean do you stop on your cruise?
    Wanda
  • not2old2move
    not2old2move Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is an off day for me today. Had to drive my husband 60 miles to go get a colonoscopy this a.m. Just got him home to bed and think I will take a nap also. Kind of unusual for me to do this, but really need one!!
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the w/e! I have received my 21 Day Challenge and plan on starting Tomorrow!! I never would have thought that I would get so excited about "little plastic containers" that will teach me portion control :o I know the daily 30 minute will be a good boost as well ;)
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wandakc what 21 day callenge are you doing? Several years ago I challenged four people to do the 21 day vegan challenge and only one person actually became a vegan - and it was not me! Fortunately it was my brother who had heart disease at a very young age and it has completely turned his life around! Now he bugs me to do the vegan challenge again.

Interested to know what challenge you are doing for portion control
  • mxchana
    Options
    Saw some good news about the effect of exercise on our skin: "Exercising for just 30 minutes twice a week not only can help keep skin looking younger, but can also reverse some skin aging effects, surprising new research finds. A Canadian study of sedentary older adults found that exercise significantly improved their skin composition, giving it the structure of someone decades younger." (citation below)

Gee I hope this is true! Next year at this time I won't look a day over 45... ~ Kathy

http://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2014/wrinkle-causing-habits-to-avoid.html?cmp=NLC-WBLTR-DSO-MCTRLF-022015-HT2-498609&encparam=0A5weTBtZkZ7buhWwo2QWS1KjggzHJCDkcQkV9/P6DU=#slide2
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Very interesting. I've been taking better care of my skin since losing weight anyway. Glad to see the exercise helps, too.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    Options
    Sure wish we had a like button on the comments section, I would be going crazy this morning. It looks like so many are having such good positive changes in their lives with the weight loss. We need to keep on rolling! I hope everyone has a great week!
  • mxchana
    Options
    Sure wish we had a like button on the comments section...

ditto!

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ditto to the like button idea. Thank you for the skin report. All encouraging news gratefully accepted!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    The cardiologist was really pleased at my 6 month exam today. The minute he walked in he said he wouldn't recognize me on the street! My device check and all those stats were good. The battery is holding up well so I don't have to worry about having to go in to have that replaced.

He was also extremely pleased with my labs and my progress. Neither he nor my cardio electrophysiologist ever thought that I would have such great results after the CRT-D implant. He was telling the nurse how when he first saw me I couldn't even walk 1/2 a block and his prognosis for me was not very good at all and "now look at her!"

My BP today was 102/70. Heartrate 72. I had told him that I had been feeling a little light-headed when standing and asked if we should lower any meds. He said that since everything seems to be perfect he doesn't want to change my meds, but he did take me off of liquid restriction. More water should raise my BP a little.

He said I could decide on the maintenance level when I felt it was right as long as I feel good and my nutrition is good.