Options

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    JoanLovell wrote: »

Chris - Maybe you're pregnant. :p
    -

Then, I'll be RICH! RICH! RICH! because it will be a Medical Miracle..

Watch for upcoming interviews on Good Morning America and Dr. Oz.

:p

• JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cris - After I went through the change, I said to my DH - Honey, it's official, I can't get pregnant. And he famously answered, Well, we can keep trying!
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    o:)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Chris, did you end up with a sinus infection? A coworker lost her sense of taste and smell years ago and still has not gotten it back. Hope that goes away and you feel better.
    Linda--(I do to). It has taken me years! honestly to get serious, and I still fall off the wagon! I finally have a good eating program, that taste good, is easy and works with my low sugar (that has always been an issue, and sometimes cause for extra calories). Good luck with your program. In the mean time, start trying to eat the appropriate calories according to MFP. AND drink water. If you want to snack on something, tell yourself to have a glass of water--a full glass of water--8oz. You may not want a snack after that. Joni
  • CrisEBTrue
    Options
    No, I didn't get a sinus infection...I did wonder about that though. Around here our sinuses seem to be perpetually irritated. The winter air here is very dry; and we have to have the heater running constantly in the winter..that does not help much. ;)

It's not that I can't taste things.. in fact I seem to be overly sensitive to flavors now.
    It is Very Strange.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cris, DH and I had a bout of similar illness you had, in Dec. and I also thought things tasted strange when I was recovering, after about two weeks, I was back to normal Maybe you will be too? My cals. did drop, and I won't complain about that. >:)

Do you have a humidifier? If you are in the West, it gets so dry you can get nose bleeds. We have one for the house attached to the furnace, it helps so much. Before we got the new furnace, we both got a lot of nose bleeds over the winter months.
  • photopat48
    photopat48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Joined the group recently. It's so nice to find others dealing with same problems. I've been logging 19 days now-also using Garmin Vivofit. Lost 2lbs. right away. Now it seems I've gained it back. I'm meeting my step goal and doing aerobics and biking 3-4 times a week. I'm eating at or below my calories. Not sure what I need to change or maybe I should just wait a bit and see. Anyway, I've been healthy and the weather here in South Florida is great so I have a lot to be thankful for.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Welcome Photopat48. Read your food diary, it could just be too much sodium for a day or so. Bounces do happen. Just keep moving and logging. You'll see some good results.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, photopat48! I love the motto you have on your page :) ~ Kathy in Massachusetts
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Since I got another question on my comments section about water, thought I would share this with everyone.

I drink more water than anyone else I know. I did dehydrate while at Delphi in Greece. It was not something I ever want to do again. Trust me, I drink plenty of water, start off with a couple of 16 oz glasses every morning and drink it all day long and there is even a 12 oz glass that gets emptied nightly by my bed. Water is my friend, I don't feel a need to log that too.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Photopat :D

Jean
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome photopat48
    On another note, how did it get to be Monday so fast? I work 4 ten hour days and they just drag, the three weekend days for me just zip by! BUT - I am lookin at only 141 total days to retirement, can't wait. I would love to loose bougt 15 more lbs by then, that is my goal.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I am lookin at only 141 total days to retirement, can't wait.

Good for you, Deb! What a great thing, the light at the end of the tunnel! ~ Kathy

• learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome PhotoPat! Don't give up. Weight tends to hang on to me also, then finally starts to drop off==but slowly. It sounds like you have a good workout and eating plan. Hang in there. Debneeds2- wow! 141 days to retirement. I've got 18 months, and looking forward to it. Hope you have success with the 15 lbs. Joni
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Deb congrats. It will be here before you know it.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Joni - it has been going fast. 18 months - getting there. I Can't wait, seems like my husband has been retired forever and I'm just now getting there! Thanks
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Had medical yesterday and the good news is the Dr's scale agreed with my home scale. The bad news was the Dr's scale agreed with my home scale. :o

weigh-in-cartoon.png
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ha! Yes - that would be me above.

Today I was considering my goal weight of 145 and thought I'd remind myself of the recs. For a 5'4" 66 yr. old female THIS was what the calculator came up with:

Based on the Robinson formula (1983), your ideal weight is 123.0 lbs
    Based on the Miller formula (1983), your ideal weight is 129.1 lbs
    Based on the Devine formula (1974), your ideal weight is 120.6 lbs
    Based on the Hamwi formula (1964), your ideal weight is 119.7 lbs
    Based on the healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 107.8 lbs - 145.6 lbs

I believe I will go for Door #5.
  • photopat48
    photopat48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome. I still seem to be gaining weight-doctor visit today-upcoming colonoscopy. Ugh! The scale was not friendly. I never thought about my sodium intake. I definitely use too much salt. I'll cut it out and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion.