Hello February

Options
seehe
seehe Posts: 946 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
yduqm75t4tmd.jpg

It's a new month, AND the month of LOVE! m0638.gif . Let us not forget to take the time to treat ourselves with love as well m0605.gif

mofcrf5rsw1n.jpg

And every day we take care of ourselves by taking steps towards our goals, we are doing just that. We are taking care of, honoring, respecting and loving ourselves and our bodies.
jw69446ecfj6.jpg

Replies

• seehe
    Options
    My goals for this week starting last Sunday are:

1. Healthy food choices 6/7 days
    2. Stay in the green ( my mfp calorie goal) 6/7
    3. Drink 7-8 glasses of water 6/7
    4. Exercise 3/7 days

So far so good :)

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Susan - thanks so much for the new February thread!! And it's a PERFECT theme for the month; loving ourselves.
    -
    We are often most critical of ourselves; we would never be so hard on the people we love if they were working towards a goal and having an occasional struggle along the way; but we're the first to berate ourselves for the smallest thing, especially when it come to losing weight!

it's one thing to take personal responsibility for the choices we make; for the efforts we put into getting to our goal; we can't blame everyone else for bringing crap to work, or deciding to meet at a restaurant and throw up our hands and say "oh well I couldn't help myself".... everything we put in our mouth is on us individually - good, bad and the ugly.. but we can't confuse making that choice equating to self loathing or immediately decide we failed in some way... it simply is a CHOICE... no more, no less... and we need to move away from continuously berating ourselves for something we ate, or give up on a day because omg I ate a chocolate bar... so WHAT?? I ate a chocolate bar. It isn't a statement about my willpower, it isn't some crime I have to flog myself for.. its just a choice about what i put it in my mouth... that's ALL IT IS!!! and once you've swallowed.... guess what... it's still nothing more than a choice you made... and move ON!!!!!

we have to STOP letting a simple food choice determine our self worth!!!!

WHY do we let what we EAT determine HOW we feel about ourselves?? its insane.. they have nothing to do with other if you think about it.... the qualities that me an amazing woman don't change if i eat 50 calories over what I want to eat today!!

if we can't separate WHO we are from WHAT we eat we will never break the cycle.... we need to draw a line in the sand... this side is a food choice.. it's nothing more than what I choose to eat right now... and this side is who and what I AM... a living , breathing, funny, smart, sensitive, empathetic, well spoken woman, a good sister, a good friend, a public servant who gives 100% to the people of my community; a volunteer, a scrabble lover, a book loving secretly shy woman with a shitload of imperfections that don't make me any less amazing.... and a simple food choice doesn't make me any less ME either!

Hmmmm..... im not going to read that over because I suspect I had a bit of a rant somewhere in there LOL.. BUT as for me, I'm totally going with Susan's theme for this month.. I LOVE me.... just as I am right now!!! and I will love me when I get to my goal weight, and I love me enough to work hard at getting there! And if I make some less healthy choices; well that will impact my HEALTH goal, I WILL own it and recognize that that choice will heed me from getting to my health goal, but it won't mean a damn thing more than that... it will have no impact on who I am, or how I feel about being ME... !!!!

Elvis has left the building.....

• Snooozie
    Options
    Apparently I got so into loving me, I forgot to post my goal results lol. I ALSO forgot til right now this is weigh in day for me!! Will hop on tomorrow for official check in #!

My Goal: To lose 15 pounds in 23 weeks.

I'll need to cut my calories each day by 300-500 through both diet and exercise.

To reach this goal, this week I will:

Replace my usual morning toast and peanut butter (275 cals) with an egg and fresh fruit (114 calories) or oatmeal (175 cals, higher fibre) at least 3 times this week
    :D (YES - 2x so far this week)
    -
    -Walk for at least 30 minutes at 3.5 mph 3 days a week (approx. 180-240 calories burned).
    :D (YES - 1 x so far this week)

- Strength training exercises 3 days a week for 10 minutes (approx. 40-60 calories burned)
    (NOT YET)

- Drink at least 6 glasses of water each day. :D YES!!

- log everything :D YES!

stay within my calorie goal each day. (NO)

Total Calories burned each day: 270 - 550 (depending on whether I exercise).

Met a lot but clearly room for improvement on my health goals for the rest of the week!! Very doable so it's on me to make it happen!! :)
  • seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Love the goals, Snooozie , AND all the YESSES!!!! And,oh my goodness , couldn't agree with you more: absolutely what we eat has nothing to do with who we are or how we should feel about ourselves!!!!!

Along that line of thinking, how about if, in addition to our regular goals, we each post something kind we have done for ourselves this week that has nothing to do with food/nutrition or exercise :)

• seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    hqbxrv9a2ud7.jpg
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    760ic91wcqzy.jpg
    Great idea Susan! I treated myself to a mani/pedi this week! and my toes are prettttttty ohhhhhhhhhh so pretttttttttttttttttty o:)

but more importantly... I reminded myself today that I am AWESOME!! (right after reading your post LOL) !!

and P.S. the reason I used a chocolate bar in my rant above... was because I'm relatively sure nobody ever let a serving of broccoli determine their self worth!!! so why do we let ANYTHING we eat do it?????? :\
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Morning Hatters - How's everyone doing with their goals so far this week?

I weighed in this morning since I forgot yesterday was my weekly weigh in - up a couple of ounces which I figure is just normal fluctuation :D I'll have to do my check in Monday morning next week before we leave on vacation, and then I'll be MIA for over a week cause I'm taking a digital vacation as well; no phone, no computer, no tablets no nuttin LOL!

Yesterdays goal checks:

Replace breakfast with egg/oatmeal at least 3 times this week
    :D (YES - GOAL MET! -

-Walk for at least 30 minutes at 3.5 mph 3 days a week (approx. 180-240 calories burned).
    :D (YES - 1 x so far this week)

- Strength training exercises 3 days a week for 10 minutes (approx. 40-60 calories burned)
    :D (YES - FIRST SET YESTERDAY)

- Drink at least 6 glasses of water each day. :D YES!!

- log everything :D YES!

stay within my calorie goal each day. :D (YES)

Been a bit low on veggies this week, so plan to add at least 2 servings today!

i24007.png
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Great going you guys, love the February theme! Love yourself. I agree. I did not completely logged yesterday I will finish it today. I went to the gym last night and soaked in the hot tub and sauna what a treat!!! My goals for next week will include starting back to exercise, I am feeling so much stronger!! Lets have a great day today. This saying came into my mind while I was sick. I want to eat to live not live to eat. Have a nice day ladies. Susan keep up the pics love them. Snoozie I am going to piggyback off your goals.
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Milove - so glad to hear you're feeing better - it was a long road to recovery for ya so thrilled that you also treated yourself to the hot tub and sauna - well done!! And you go right ahead and piggy back anything, anything lol - I revamped mine from reading others as well!

Going to post an interesting read in the other thread for such things.. saw it this morning and seemed quite timely for us this month :D
    -
    16434567.png
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I love all the messages about loving yourself here! I'm going to try to do that for February, and I'm also going to love my food - cook delicious things and enjoy and savour them, even if there isn't as much of them as I'd like!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Love, love, LOVE.....my favorite word!!

Everyone is looking like they are doing everything right. I am a bit bogged down at work...and too tired when I get home to do much...I hope to get back into it soon. I'm am still trying to be conscious of my goals......LOVE!!

Bon Voyage !!! Snoozie!! Have an awesome time ....enough for me, too.
    Carol, I hope you are mending and wiping....lol
    Milove, glad you are feeling better.
    Vailara , sounds like a good plan with the good eats.
    Love ,
    G
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to have my right hand back. ...and to be able to use soap and water when I wash my hands. .. :#

The upside is that I don't have to wash dishes by hand for the time being. ... :D

I love being chauffeured. ...but miss the freedom of driving and coming and going without having to wait. ... :s

But my bank account is happy for now. ..now if I didn't have to keep buying for Jr every time I turn around. ...

Talk to you soon

Carol B)
  • milove1029
    Options
    Going to miss you Snoozie, but enjoy the break! I weighed in this morning and I loss another pound and I am back to eating so that is a hooray. I am trying to keep the diary going still have to complete yesterday's. To both hands soon Carol. I guess if I have to say it over and over I will. I will start exercising next week. Vailara good going with loving! Thank you for the encourgagement time to lose weight! Everyone have a great day!
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    yippeeeeeee Milove - huge congrats on the loss and on getting back to the routine of logging and looking forward!! So happy for you; well done!!!
    -
    s0819.gif

I'm not leaving til Monday but back on nights tonight after picking up my sister from the airport - but will check in to see how everyone's doing!

Carol - glad to hear your recovery is going well; know it must be frustrating but you'll be 100% soon!
    Vailara good on ya!!
    Gail - sorry things are so crazy at work girl but glad you're hanging in!!

My daily goal checks for yesterday:
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    NO (logging everything - ate thru the night so added it this morning0
    NO (keeping to calorie goal every day)

happy TGIF to those for whom it counts LOL.. and have a great weekend Hatters!!

16434567.png
  • seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm having a LOVE-ly start to the weekend. Got my hair colored and cut, thhailol.gif
    my eyebrows tinted and waxed and bought some pretty lipstick at the salon this morning.

I next met my wonderful hubby for lunch t5303.gif

Today was also weigh in day balloon_garf.gif
    and I was delighted to see I had lost a pound :D

Wishing all you LOVE-ly Hatters a wonderful weekend!!! TGIF!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Susan - Garfield is SO doing the happy feet dance on those scales LOL!! aN AWESOME Day indeed for an awesome lady!! huge congrats !!
    -
    s0819.gif s0826.gif
    s0817.gif
  • seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks so much Snooozie for your kind words and support :D<3
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    OMG Susan and snoozie. .Laughing out Loud. ..great medicine :D
  • milove1029
    Options
    Yes, TGIF!!!! Will talk to you guys in the AM
  • milove1029
    Options
    It has been a rough day, completing my fifth week with three more weeks to go before obtaining my masters in higher education. How is everyone? I fell off the wagon so I will not even try to record. I will start again tomorrow.