Hello February

Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    :D Morning Hatters!

Well, it's the last week of February - 7 days left in a month in which we chose to focus on loving ourselves, and it seems a great time to choose to make good things happen for ourselves by finishing off this month taking GREAT care of US!! :D

For this final week of February, I've set the following daily goals for myself:

1. Drink 6 glasses of water each day
    2. Log everything I eat
    3. Move!
    4. At the end of each day; be able to say two things I have accomplished that have helped me move forward towards my ultimate goal.

:D

cx2i5idnwd54.jpg

-
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Love the image you posted Snoozie!

My goals yesterday were:
    Yes to under calorie goal
    Yes to water consumption
    No to exercise
    My personal note: I'm a positive and encouraging influence for my children.

Now onto today! So far, so good. I'm trying to talk myself into getting off this couch though! I'm so incredibly ready for warmer/dryer weather! I know I shouldn't complain because so many of you have it worse where you live but come on already!!! Have a great day ladies!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy - love those yesses; well done you!! and love the personal note too - what a great positive affirmation!
    -
    I can totally relate to you on the cold - it doesn't matter what the actual temp says for any of us, if it's cold for you, you get to vent!! I swear teeth chattering HAS to burn calories!!!
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I saw this group through Snooozie -- thank you! MMH is right up my non-sleeping, hot flashing, cranky (at times), low energy, dry skinned, want to eat everything person. Love reading about all the goals everyone has.

My biggest and most important goal for February has been to walk away from my HRT. And February 12 was the last dose I took. I starting weaning off in January and wanted to finish it in February. I bit the bullet and jumped off the cliff. We shall see how this fares. Hardest part so far, lack of sleep, hot flashes, grumpy, plugged up -- wait, I think I may be describing that I am all of or one of the dwarfs!

I love myself enough to continue in this journey and set weekly goals for myself.

Thank you,
    Becky
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Good luck with coming off the HRT, Becky. I've been feeling sleepy, dopey and grumpy too, so I know where you are with the dwarfs! (I'm too hot at night!).

As part of loving and looking after myself I've started a mindfulness course, so my goal has been to stick with it and do the homework. I've also been enjoying my food (I did have a goal to love and appreciate my food) but unfortunately, a bit too much!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Welcome Becky! Good luck with your jump off the HRT cliff. My dear deluded hubby told me that "if you don't want to have mood swings then just don't have them." Yes, he's still breathing but I've been so very lucky with my transition into menopausal life...just the hot flash/night sweats variety problems for me. And of course the grinding halt of my metabolism! Hang in there and stay tough! You can do it!
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Happy birthday Susan! wishing you a wonderful day celebrating YOU!
    77jcshvo0qcd.gif

• Snooozie
    Options
    Welcome OWR! lovely to have you in the group - and I am ONE of those dwarves every single day LOL! I have no personal experience with HRT, but imagine weaning off it could be very intense - keeping paws crossed it all goes well for ya!! and yay you for loving yourself enough to want the best for you!!! Excellent!!
    -
    Suzy - I howled at the fact hubby still lives... omg you must have been the happy dwarf that day otherwise i'm sure we would have found his body under the porch LOL! Too funny - thanks for the laugh to start my day!!

Vailara: super goal on the mindfulness course, well done you! With the freezing temps in my neck of the woods, i'm tending towards soups, stews and other comfort foods and portion control is one area I need to focus on as well!

Mondays goals:
    1. YES! Drink 6 glasses of water each day
    2. YES! Log everything I eat
    3. NO Move!
    4. YES! At the end of each day; be able to say two things I have accomplished that have helped me move forward towards my ultimate goal. (significantly upped my veggie intake, planned meals).
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the well wishes. I giggle just thinking about if my husband suggested to "not be in a mood". He wouldn't see me for a couple of week, I'm thinking. Then we would chat about it after his eyes weren't swelled shut anymore ;) ... So far, the only thing bothering me is the sleeping even worse than usual. Arghhhhh. Life goes on! When the Dr wanted to put me on HRT 2 years ago - it was because my body just didn't want to transition completely over. Now, that it has - I feel I'm in charge of my body and such, she said don't stop taking for another 3 years, since that is when the medical problems can start. Ummmm, no - just no. Won't be any easier 3 years from now. So far, everyone is alive in my office and at home - so, I think we are good!

Goals I reached for Monday:
    Didn't kill anyone :p
    Water intake -- 72 ounces
    Exercised -- 40 minutes of cardio 15 minutes strength
    Logged everything. Yes!

And a Happy Birthday to Susan!

• Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OWR - AWESOME job on achieving all your goals yesterday!!! Fabulous!! an extra brownie points for not killing anyone LOL.. sometimes ya just gotta remind yourself you wouldn't look good in prison stripes and walk away, eh?? And not that it matters but I agree with you completely at this stage of our lives; we have to take an active role in our own health care and we know what we will and won't do now.. so kudos to you for participating in your own healthcare decisions!
    -
    Seehee - I'm baking a cake for yer birthday... yup yup yup lol... however since you know how much I suck at cooking, i'm thinking perhaps a trip to the bakery may be in order instead... i'll keep ya posted
    [img][/img]t3304.gif
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Snoozie for the birthday wishes and pictures!! How did you ever find or make that bday photo with my name in it??? LOVE it :D:D:D

I've been a little slack in writing my goals and progress - plan to get on top of it after my bday :)
    Looks like everyone is doing great with their goals- Go Hatters!!!!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Happy Birthday Susan! Hope it's wonderful!

Monday goals:
    Yes - under cal goal
    No - water was only 48 oz
    Yes - walked for 30 min but went 2 miles!
    Positive note: My sense of humor is alive and well.

We've got snow in Atlanta so I need to workout indoors today... I usually have problems motivating myself to follow through with that. "Get off the couch, girl!" Ugh!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy Birthday, Susan!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    hmmmm...

ya.... ok..... so much for my first attempt for ya Susan!! never fear tho..scampering off for more ingreds...

rd35dnibh5xe.jpg
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    (sing the tune in your head)... lol... haven't figured out the pic thing yet... lol..

Happy Birthday to You... Happy Birthday to You... Happy Birthday Dear Susan, Happy Birthday to You....and many more!!

Carol
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ok.... after several hours in the kitchen... voila!!!

r978nwle2ae6.jpg

o:)
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Snooozie- ROFL!!!!! Where do you find these photos???? Thanks much for the bday cake :D

SuzyQ, Gail Carol, and oldwomanruns, thanks much for the birthday well wishes and serenades!

I had a lovely birthday including a delicious dinner out with my dear family at one of my favorite restaurants with a great view of the mountains and the pretty clouds from the sun setting :)

tmop4m8bhw83.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Morning hatters!

Susan what a GORGEOUS pic - you look fabulous; u put the stunning sunset in the background to shame! So glad you had a lovely dinner in such a pretty locale with your lovely family along with - nothing better!
    -
    and yes I thought I did a much better job on the second cake too :o
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Tuesday goal results:

1. YES! Drink 6 glasses of water each day
    2. YES! Log everything I eat
    3. YES! Move! (not a lot, but finally got my butt in gear YAY!)
    4. YES! At the end of each day; be able to say two things I have accomplished that have helped me move forward towards my ultimate goal. (dragged little weight set out and used it; started meal planning for evening shift).

still have a couple more vacay pounds to lose but working away at it so happy camper!

• Snooozie
    Options
    PS: anyone have any thoughts on a theme for March... ?