Hello February

Options

Replies

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gail and Milove for the compliments on the pic. I really did have a lovely evening and it was so nice to feel better , too.

Carol- love the new profile picture. You look Marvelous :)

Milove- I didn't know you lived in the Big Easy, either! My sister and brother in law went to Tulane College and BIL also went to Tulane law school there. I have visited and what a fun place! I was there during Mardi Gras as well as when the Superbowl was there a long, long time ago, so I can envision the crowds and don't blame you for ditching the car at all LOL. And look at how great you are doing with all that walking, staying hydrated and eating healthy-yay you!

Gail, Good for you with all the yesess. Sounds like you nipped that one binge incident in the bud and carried on with your focus and goals. We all have those moments and times, but what is so important is to not let it derail us, so IPOU :):):) And how fantastic your scale is cooperating-can I borrow it for a week or two? Mine is not being nice this week!

Monday and Tuesday progress:
    1.Yes healthy food choices : Monday fairly healthy and very healthy Tuesday
    2.Mostly yes on staying in the green zone calorie wise- just 17 over Monday and under Tuesday
    3.Yes hydration
    4.Yes exercise 1/2
    5.Yes using stress release strategies

Here's to continued success for the rest of the week!

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies - I usually don't do the selfie thing - plus I don't like having my pic out on the internet too much....

Go Team Go... won't be posting too much over the next few days...I'm back at work... and yes, work is a 4 letter word..

Gotta love the boss...:(

Talk to you soon.

Carol
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies, Carol, I am off this week so I do understand not having the extra time when working. 2 weeks count down to me completing my masters, yayy. Self cheering lol. Yes, Gail and Susan I have been here in New Orleans for 4 1/2 years. I am originally from New Jersey, I can relate to Carol. :-) with the cold weather. lol. So Susan you are a sort of homie of the Big Easy. lol Great job also Susan on saying yes to everything and even the mostly yes. You are giving us a big boost. The binging happens Gail but great to staying on target with your weight. I think sometimes we feel guilty from binging more than we are really eating a large amount of extra calories.
    I was able to log my food yesterday (completed it this morning) but nevertheless I did it and was under. Yes to drinking more water. No exercise nor walking yesterday nor today, a little stiff from too much walking. Here to staying under today. Be bless ladies.
  • seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Since I post about walking my doggies thought I'd share a photo of them :)

vrf2y8gwcu5c.jpg

• seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Snooozie

WelcomeBack1-1.gif

We missed you !!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip :):):)
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Beautiful pups Susan... and yes Snoozie, welcome back
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA for awhile but logging in and entering some meals. I went on vacay to my nephew's house and the food and drink was flowing faster than I could log. I bit the bullet and updated my weight...yikes!! Starting back today with healthy eating but it's just too cold for this southern girl to go out and walk...brrr! I've also been fighting with a cold/sinuses. So, today I'm taking it easy with just laundry and a little light cleaning.

Okay...goals:
    Stay under calorie goal with healthy choices
    Drink 64 oz of water
    Physical activity for at least 60 minutes (GOMA)
    Record something positive about myself

I'll update later and see how I've done for the day. You are all inspirations for me to get back up on that horse! Thank you ladies!
  • suzyqholland
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Goal update for today:
    Yes - under calorie goal!
    Yes - drank 96 oz of water!
    No - didn't exercise today
    Something positive (why is this hard for me?): I'm a supportive friend.

My first day back on track went pretty good. It was way too cold to go outside but I could have worked out inside. Tomorrow I'll do better. I hope you all had a great day!
  • seehe
    Options
    Beautiful pups Susan

Thanks Carol :)
  • seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Goal update for today:
    Yes - under calorie goal!
    Yes - drank 96 oz of water!
    No - didn't exercise today
    Something positive (why is this hard for me?): I'm a supportive friend.

My first day back on track went pretty good. It was way too cold to go outside but I could have worked out inside. Tomorrow I'll do better. I hope you all had a great day!

Yay SuzieQ !! Great job sticking to your calorie goal and drinking a whopping 96 ounces of water!!!i love your goal about saying something positive about yourself, too :) that goes great with our monthly theme and is oh so important !

20gwgkhkn4h1.jpg

• seehe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    obufnl2bc7ev.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Hi Hatters!!

Missed ya but had a FABULOUS time away; restored mind, body and soul (perhaps body a little too much o:) but expect the wee vacation gain to be gone ASAP and then on to completing my full weight loss goal!

I did so many good things for myself while away I can't count - including sneaking down to the beach to enjoy the solitude of watching a sunrise all by myself a few times - with no apologies to anyone cause it was what I WANTED! I tried a few new adventures and didn't miss my phone or puter one bit so I definitely hit that goal LOLOL!!
    -
    Looks like all of you have been doing great; just home from work and need fuel so will pop in later to catch up on individual replies - love the pics and got to read all the wonderful entries but need food before replying.. hehehehe!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    ok.. you HAVE to see this.... I admit I've probably done the broom move myself!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXWUSwu0r9Q
  • seehe
    Options
    OMG Snooozie !!!!! That is sooooo funny!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Snoozie!! This PIG is probably my most favorite thing I have EVER watched!! Thank you so much for this....I am laughing so hard at it that I may PEE on myself...Love ya!! WelCOME back!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    I think I need a glass jar for my head, too. Maybe that's the answer!

Goals for today:
    Yes - under cal goal
    No - still working on my water
    Yes - went for a very cold hour long walk
    Comment: I'm a really good listener.

How did everyone else do today?

(Welcome back Snoozie!)
  • cbmcphillips
    Options
    Love it!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yes - Water -6 to 8 glasses. I can do better
    Yes- NO fried chicken tenders for breakfast... ( a big NSV!)
    Yes- Sugar modest amounts - a mini banana moon pie has been courting me...and yes, I am easy that way!!

Yes- Carbs in moderation ( I have really been better with them..choosing meat alone instead of a sandwich...maybe not all the time, but more times than not.
    Yes- Exercise- 5 days 30 - 60 minutes! Yay Me!!

Today is the first day the scale has looked like it wants to get under the ticker weight...so I am hoping for some good news by the end of Feb!

Suzy, That water is a tough booger. Good on you for toughing out an hour long walk in the COLD...BRrrrr....

Susan, Lovely inspiration pics! Those may two of the most beautiful dogs that I have seen...are they movie stars...they look like they could be on a weekly show of their own....lol

Carol, glad you are back to being two handed. I know it didn't slow you down too much.

Suzanne, Glad to have you back, sorry you had to get straight back into work...they should know that everyone needs a week off after vacation to get over vacation...lol

Milove thanks for accepting my friend request. I like having someone in my part of the woods.

Hope I didn't miss anyone...
    Gail
  • Snooozie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Morning Hatters!!

Had a chance to read back on all the posts; so many YES GOAL ACHIEVED! posts - how awesome are all of you??????? and how great does it feel to be able to post those yesses?? (i'm really asking .... wondering how everyone is finding the daily and/or weekly goal lists and the yes/no posts - I find it quite a positive reinforcement myself, even seeing the no's on mine doesn't feel like a negative, it just lets me know quickly what areas I need to put more effort into achieving.. but would be interested in hearing from others as to their thoughts??
    -
    I am working on what daily goals I am going to set for this week to get me to my long term goal. I will confess I am secretly kinda glad my ticker reset after my vacation; seeing the "real" number of days I have been on MFP with the corresponding lack of weight loss for such a long period, I realized was actually becoming a negative for me personally; so I'm going to use the now '2 day streak" to my advantage to being fresh to track the next phase of my weight loss - which is to lose 20 lbs.

Will be back by end of day to set my daily goals to get me there! :D

Gail - so excited for you - I know you have been working so hard at achieving new loss and I will clean up my sneakers to make sure when I do the happy dance with ya they shine for ya! and I only had to work 2 days thanks to the flight delay and having to spend an extra day in Panama (ya I was devastated to spend another day at the beach. NOT!!)

susan - well done you on all the yesses!! and love the pics - your pups are beauties indeed!!!

Suzy - great to see you; and well done on setting your goals and working towards em!!

Carol - glad you have both hands working again - funny how you never think of things as simple as opening a bottle or jar being so hard with one hand!1 (not to mention the "other"areas of difficulty lol..

Milove - great job on finishing the logging and lovely to see ya here!!

Gotta get my butt in gear; hope everyone has a great day and look forward to a great week of accomplishments by all of us!

p.s. I couldn't help myself with the pig and cookies lol.. saw it on a friends post and had to share; wish I had thot of the plunger idea once or twice tho!! maybe I should put a fishbowl on my own head for a week or so?? o:)
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am still catching up on all of the post, You are so welcome Gail we are neighbors! Cute cartoon Snoozie and glad you had a relaxing trip. Currently I am in Houston will catch up with you guys later.