Exercising

Replies

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Going down to walk with Leslie - will aim for 2. Afternoon is going fast. Got the gifts ready and put them in the car.
  • sannferris
    sannferris Posts: 1,432 Member
    Walked one mile with Leslie, did a set of PT exercises (will do a second set before bed) and pruned the second apple tree. Phew, I'm tired.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    You ladies are doing awesome keep up walking, those steps sure do add up. :)
  • arobed53
    They do. I walked 2 1/2 miles with Leslie and did one pushup (all I can do so far). My oldest is in DC and got a fitbit going before she left. She is getting lots of steps in. I imagine she'll sleep good every night cause it's a lot more movement than she usually does and at 6 months pregnant. But she's having fun I'm sure.
  • arobed53
    Walked a little over 2 miles today and did my one pushup. Wonder if I'll ever be able to do another.
  • tlspindor
    WTG Debora!!!! I just know that you will make it to 2 pushups, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :)
  • arobed53
    Thank Tammy. I can get down the second time - it's the getting up that's killing me but I'm not giving up.
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    I cut the grass this evening so that was a big accomplishment. I only did the back yard because my hip started hurting but it's a improvement! Debora--I agree with Tammy, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • arobed53
    Jannie, great job on the mowing. The front yard can be done another night. I watched my son-in-law mowing the other night. That's a good workout. Thanks for the pushup encouragement. I'm happy to announce that I did two yesterday - not easily but done. So now onward. I'm not letting the kids know about this until it's much easier. :)
  • arobed53
    At the end of out walk yesterday morning, I had a shooting pain up the back of my heel, limped around through the day. Now I know better than not to wear decent shoes. Have a better pair on this morning and the limp is not as bad but will not walk as quickly for a bit. Slow but steady.
  • arobed53
    I was able to walk with Leslie. Walking in place is a bit different that regular walking. I'm attempting to not limp and walk more normally. Will walk with setting up chairs this afternoon but not doing as much around the house.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited April 2015
    Debora, you may already know about this, but if not, here's the link to step-by-step info on how to add your stride to your fitbit settings if you want. Should give a more accurate step total.

Also, MFP has this Fitbit Group if you are interested.
  • arobed53
    I'll check it out when I'm at home (plenty of laundry to fold. I think it's doing pretty good but actually I have not idea. I've not joined the fitbit group but I do read in it. Have not seen any challenges but maybe they are just for members. I'm challenged pretty well with my fitbit friends. Still favoring the one foot. Looked at new shoes today. Going to look for a coupon since hubby and I will be back in town tomorrow. Not a lot of size 10 on the clearance rack. :)
  • mygnsac
    arobed53 wrote: »
    I'll check it out when I'm at home (plenty of laundry to fold. I think it's doing pretty good but actually I have not idea. I've not joined the fitbit group but I do read in it. Have not seen any challenges but maybe they are just for members. I'm challenged pretty well with my fitbit friends. Still favoring the one foot. Looked at new shoes today. Going to look for a coupon since hubby and I will be back in town tomorrow. Not a lot of size 10 on the clearance rack. :)

Size 11s are even worse! :(

• mygnsac
    Debora, I got some groceries yesterday and as I was unloading the bags I remembered what you said about carrying in one bag at a time to get in extra walking. Neat tip. Thanks! I don't think Cisco approved though. He'd get all excited when I came in with a bag, then frustrated when I turned right around to go back outside, for 6 trips. Ha!
  • mygnsac
    I just took a nice long walk around the city during my lunch break. Got back and went to check my Fitbit to see how many steps/distance it was, and it wasn't there! I forgot to attach it this morning. doh2.gif
  • arobed53
    I'll be glad when my foot quits hurting (hopefully soon) but those do add up. Bummer on forgetting the fitbit. It will be come a habit.
  • sannferris
    Marcie, I did that a few years ago, when I first got my HRM. Worked all day outside and after about 4 hours realized I had forgotten to strap it on. Now, I wonder where I put that thing...haven't used it in years.

I should see how much I burn doing the arm stretches, I doubt that it's very much. Walking with Leslie gets up a good sweat though.
  • sannferris
    Oh Yea, I mowed the lawn yesterday for 3 hours total, with breaks in between. I'm never sure how to log that, well, I am sure, I should do (3) entries of one hour, but sometimes get lazy and log three hours, but then, that's not accurate.
  • tlspindor
    Yeah Sheryl, when I get to mowing I'll look at what time it is I started and then keep track of how long my breaks are then just subtract my breaks from the total time of when I stopped mowing and log that time.