• 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Total to date 21.5/80.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Diana7790 wrote: »
    Question for you all….I walk with a fitbit all day and was wondering do you guys post your all day miles on here or just your exercise miles? So far I just have posted exercise miles. TIA

I'm logging exercise miles. I walk indoors and outdoors so I may take a couple walks per day especially if the weather permits.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Are we supposed to list the miles per day? I've just been posting my total but I can go back and check/repost each day's total.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Ribbittee wrote: »
    Hello all! I just found this group and I'm glad I did. I've been walking with the Leslie Sansone DVDs for a few years, off and on, but mostly on since the end of Dec when I made a conscious decision to stick with it, so I've been doing 2 mile DVD walks at least 4 times/week. As of today, I'm down 18 lbs, and I attribute alot of that to the walking.

Question for those of you who do more than one per day; Do you do both back to back? And if so, do you skip the cool-down for the first and the warm-up for the first?
    I'd like to add more miles to the workout, but most of my DVDs are shorter walks, and I'm not sure how to combine them.

Congrats on your weight loss! Bravo!

I do not do her cool downs but keep at a steady pace until the next video starts. I often "out" walk her due to my heart rate being elevated. I aim for at least 4 miles and I usually do 2 mile walks back to back. Not always. I live with chronic back pain and I never know which walk I will be doing from day to day. Some days are slower pace and other days I am doing 5 Mega Miles. The weather is warming up a bit and I am able to get a few miles outside and then I come inside and walk 2 miles with her.

Welcome to the group and walk strong!

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    Are we supposed to list the miles per day? I've just been posting my total but I can go back and check/repost each day's total.

Welcome to our group. You can log your miles or times in any way that makes you comfortable. Everyone is doing there own thing. You do not need to go back and repost.
    We are glad to have you here.

• Diana7790
    Diana7790 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

As far as the way I do the exercise posts, mine are are back to back if I post more then one dvd or set of exercise miles in one day. Sometimes they are from the same dvd and its two different sections of the dvd. So I will do the warm up to one but the cool down from the last section. Does that make sense? I am only posting the exercise miles just to make sure I am doing some kind of extra walking to burn those calories. :)

Welcome Ribbittee and Sophiasmomma, I just started last week myself. 40andFindingFitness Thanks for answering my question! :)

3/9 LS 4 mi. Power Walk (Combo Walk)
    3/8 LS Heart Association 2 mile DVD
    3/7 LS 2 mi classic 2 mi ultimate 5 day walk plan (4 mi.)
    3/6 LS 5k With a Twist 3.2 mi.
    3/5 LS Walking to the Hits Party Songs 47 min. 3 mi.
    3/4 LS Walk to the Hits Party Songs 3 mi.
    3/2 LS 2 mi. classic 2 mi. power express (4mi.)
    Total: 23/50

Keep on walking! :)
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome @PinkyPan1. I was just about to post this so I may as well put it on out there. Going forward I'll just keep posting my overall total. :smile:

3/1 - 4
    3/2 - 2
    3/3 - 2
    3/4 - 3
    3/5 - 2
    3/6 - 1.5
    3/7 - 4
    3/8 - 3
    3/9 - ?
  • kab789
    kab789 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This past week I did 13 miles. If I am going to make my goal I am going to have to add more miles into my day somewhere.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note before I forget to write it down.
    March 9th 30 min fast burn video equal 2 miles
    Total 16 miles
  • Ribbittee
    Ribbittee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the welcome and the responses!
    I think I'll try adding at least one mile and work my way up to 4 or 5 total miles per day.
    I'm also going to check out Youtube for more workouts and yes, heading outside as the weather warms up.
  • corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    3/9: 3 miles from LS 5 Day Walk Plan

Total: 17/20 (I'm going to have to increase my goal soon!)
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I dontknow how to edit my posts yet:| so here's what my week looked/looks like
    Tue 4 fast miles
    Wed the firm total.sculpting
    Thur 4 fast miles
    Friday firm total aerobics and toning
    Saturday 4 fast miles
    Sun 20 min bike ride
    Monday power walk (2 miles)

14 miles total for the week!!!

Tomorrow I weigh in for week 2
    Im getting my TOM so Im alittle nervous.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi im new here. I love leslie lately I've either been doing two or four fast miles I do one every other day and on the other days I do the firm. I would love to join in and say I will complete 50 miles in March

Welcome Sophiasmomma, I'm happy that you found the LS monthly challenge and jumping right into it!! Good for you doing the Firm 30 and building strength and hanging onto your muscle mass. Great plan!
    :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello all! I just found this group and I'm glad I did. I've been walking with the Leslie Sansone DVDs for a few years, off and on, but mostly on since the end of Dec when I made a conscious decision to stick with it, so I've been doing 2 mile DVD walks at least 4 times/week. As of today, I'm down 18 lbs, and I attribute alot of that to the walking.

Question for those of you who do more than one per day; Do you do both back to back? And if so, do you skip the cool-down for the first and the warm-up for the first?
    I'd like to add more miles to the workout, but most of my DVDs are shorter walks, and I'm not sure how to combine them.

Welcome, Ribbittee! Awesome that you are joining the challenge. Wow, you are determined in your decision in December to stick with it. I'm so proud of you for doing just that, and getting rid of 18 pounds :drinker: Amazing!!

About your question. When I do 2 different walks back to back. I do the cool down for the first to get the mileage in, but not at a cool down pace, if that makes sense. I do the "warm up" time for the second workout, but much faster than a warmup and I try to stay as intense as I was doing when the previous walk/DVD ended. If I have to I boost it up or make up my own moves to keep from slowing down in the transition between workouts then I do it.
    If the warmup to the second w/o is totally separate, and isn't officially part of the mile, like in the 5 Day Walk Plan, then I skip it of course.
    Also I keep walking or boosting while the second walk or DVD is loading. That can seem like forever sometimes lol.

I also have done each walk at completely different times of the day if that is how it fits in. Very effective also, just in a different way.

Good question. Make it work for you! If you are getting tired but still want to do another walk, then slow down a bit on the cool down and start up easier for the warm up for the second walk. I have also done that.

Every day is different!

Happy walking :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    ERRRR - Got sick for several days and could not do my walking like I planned. Back at it (slowly) but im gonna have to play catch up at some point this month if im going to reach my goal......

Sorry that you were sick deladypilot, but I'm glad that you are able to start back to walking again. You'll hopefully be ready for some catch up later in the month. But in the meantime start out slowly and take care of yourself. We don't want you to have a relapse.

Welcome back!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Monday (March 9th) 2 miles: cardio- Burn 30 & for strength- Firm 30

2 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

0 mini walks from Walk Blaster DVD.

0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise.

February goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes 5-6 days a week.

So far: 19 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 0 mini walks from Walk Blasters DVD

So far: 0 minutes "other" kinds of exercise

Amazing, I had one rest day on Sunday and there were over 25 new posts. You all were busy walking and talking! Awesome!!!

• bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just found this group and I'm glad I did. I've been walking with the Leslie Sansone for a few years, off and on, but mostly on since the end of Dec when I made a conscious decision to stick with it, so I've been doing 2 mile DVD walks at least 4 times/week. As of today, I'm down 18 lbs, and I attribute alot of that to the walking.

Hi, welcome to the group, you have lost a good amount of weight so far, LS videos are great I have just started this year and with everyone here I have learned about new DVD's and I have purchased 3 DVD's now plus YouTube, I can't be any happier. This is the first time in a long time I have actually feel good and see improvement I'm excited. Long over due. Lol. Well let's walk, walk, walk.
  • PinkyPan1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    43/90 Good morning Walkers! This morning I completed the 2 mile Fitness Walk and 2 mile Walk Away Your Stress.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Did Walk Away the Pounds for Abs 2 miles last night. 23.5/80.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    17/50